Ranked (Guild v Guild & Kickball)

JAYFB

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday is best for unicorns. Our A team isn't available Monday-Wednesday until after 11PM est time. Let me know when you guys can queue up and I'll try and get my guys together. Can't promise my A team or even a good comp but should be able to get some games going.

We're doing kickball pub side tonight (Saturday 7/27). Are you planning on doing imp side as well? The more the merrier...

You do know kickball doesnt mean full guild premades like last week right?:rolleyes:

Sorry, I wasn't around last week. Two weeks ago we had no more than two people from the same guild on a team... :rolleyes:

Edited by JAYFB

You do know kickball doesnt mean full guild premades like last week right?:rolleyes:

that was me last week. only had 10 ppl come out. we rotated the 2 spots. don't think more than 2 from the same guild. but the 2 imp teams were definitely more watered down. this week was more balanced. 2 teams each faction. thanks again krogan and cinerous.

maybe we can all get in the same mumble to help balance teams more? for instance, I have well geared toons on both factions. I don't really care which one I play if it means better balance.

that was me last week. only had 10 ppl come out. we rotated the 2 spots. don't think more than 2 from the same guild. but the 2 imp teams were definitely more watered down. this week was more balanced. 2 teams each faction. thanks again krogan and cinerous.

maybe we can all get in the same mumble to help balance teams more? for instance, I have well geared toons on both factions. I don't really care which one I play if it means better balance.

yea id say the teams were pretty imbalanced still. i dont know that the imps won a match against the pubs at all, and the frustrated the imps and ******* like hikari ghost talking **** led to a lot of bad feelings. got to the point ppl were talking about dropping every match he was in. either keep him out of your groups or shut him up. we play kickball for fun and if he keeps talking **** we just wont play. just my 2 cents.

yea id say the teams were pretty imbalanced still. i dont know that the imps won a match against the pubs at all, and the frustrated the imps and ******* like hikari ghost talking **** led to a lot of bad feelings. got to the point ppl were talking about dropping every match he was in. either keep him out of your groups or shut him up. we play kickball for fun and if he keeps talking **** we just wont play. just my 2 cents.

Wasn't aware of the s*** talking, did he say something in "say" chat that I missed? I'm with you about trying to keep things balanced and fun for kickball. The last thing I want is for anyone to get overly frustrated and quit. We'll be right back where we started with no PVP community at all.

I'll look for you on imp side and maybe we can share ideas to try and balance out the imp v pub groups. The 4 or 5 pub v pub games we had last night were fairly close since we could swap around as needed. It will be a litter harder to balance teams cross-faction but I'm all ears if anyone has any ideas.

This is unfortunate to hear. Everybody wants a competitive and a fun pvp scene. We have to separate the two if not then we will have neither.

Although rivalries are fun and it looks like ghost will be a popular target.

just make him play the mando. mandos shrink everyone's epeen.

edit: and sorry to hear about it. I'm sure everyone telling him to stop or not be invited is enough. hell, I'm playing with unicorns. heh.

Edited by foxmob

I would like to thank all the guilds that were in que tonight. There were some really good games by all. I believe this was the first night for a few guilds (ourselves included) to que ranked and I really hope everyone had fun. I realize some guilds had disconnects or people not show up but I really appreciate everyone's effort in getting teams together. On an unexpected note: It was really exciting to see some old familiar names running around tonight. I hope to see the same level of participation next Sunday.

Saturday was fun, though we had a raid so we couldn't join until the end where it was pretty much the pickup Reps vs a Starsider guild group. Q longer, imps! We'll muzzle Ghost if necessary. :D

It looks like some of us are going to try for something Tuesday.

Edited by flem

This is unfortunate to hear. Everybody wants a competitive and a fun pvp scene. We have to separate the two if not then we will have neither.

Although rivalries are fun and it looks like ghost will be a popular target.

exactly. ppl come play kickball for fun non serious ranked. nobody wants to be told how theyre bad players and should uninstall just when they lose a match when the teams are clearly imbalanced. i think we may need to seperate pub and imp kickball nights maybe if the **** stays this imbalanced. like i said imp v imp we can rebalance teams, but imp vs pub its slaughter the amount of gear you guys have compared to some of our guys that come out with less gear and no augments. on another note, i do want to try and get another guild ranked night going. we had some great games tonight but we should try and find a day that works for ppl to do more guild ranked

I would like to thank all the guilds that were in que tonight. There were some really good games by all. I believe this was the first night for a few guilds (ourselves included) to que ranked and I really hope everyone had fun. I realize some guilds had disconnects or people not show up but I really appreciate everyone's effort in getting teams together. On an unexpected note: It was really exciting to see some old familiar names running around tonight. I hope to see the same level of participation next Sunday.

Yes, great games last night. CP had a awesome turnout and lots of fun:D:) See ya again later this week;)

- Added <The Ebon Remnant> to the list of guilds. If someone could point out the team lead or a POC and anticipated que times, I'll update that. BTW, last night was a blast with 4 teams qued on Imp side! :D

- Added Kickball on Tuesday for Pub side. Anyone volunteer to organize?

Kickball Note: Let's work to police ourselves during kickball and keep all interactions respectful and lock down those that are not. I am really enjoying the revival of a sense of community again.

Guild v Guild Note: If anyone wants to propose additional / different nights for GvG ques, please post and I will update / add to the first page. This will give the other guilds a chance to check raid schedules, team member availability, etc.

Edited by JAYFB

Really? I call bovine excrement on your statement. You sure have enough time to spend in normal warzones with your 6+ guild members facerolling and farming PuGs. When questioned why you are not involved in ranked play, your people remain silent. That speaks volumes in my book.

Ran an absurd amount of regs yesterday, mostly due to sheer boredom around the house. This new guild (at least I think they are new) Starsider...only went up against them once while on Soul. Think they had 4 that match, was no faceroll. Pretty fun actually. Pub side only once did I see the Starsider Guild tag and it was a solo que. Was a shame, keep seeing their name pop up on the forums and wanted to get a good look at them.