Ranked (Guild v Guild & Kickball)

JAYFB

Hey everyone,

I think we have a few threads on the forums spread out addressing the same thing so this is my attempt to consolidate the information for easy access by the community. I'll update this based on replies I see in this thread. I tried to put in what I remember from other threads but I just don't have the time to go through pages of posts to find all of it. :D If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Let's have some fun!

Please /cjoin pubppvp or imppvp!!! It allows everyone to communicate on one channel regardless of location

Kickball Nights

Organizer(s): Cinerous / Roxxay / Neldiahr

Time: Wednesday / Saturday (9:00 PM)

Faction: Imp

Comments: Announcements in imppvp, pvp and fleet general chat.

Organizer(s): Sowanutz

Time: Wednesday / Saturday (8:00 PM)

Faction: Pub

Comments: Announcements in pubpvp, pvp and fleet general chat.

Guild Ranked

Guild: <Chaotic Pixels>

POC: Roxxay

Que times: Sunday (8:00 PM)

Guild: <Unicorn Stampede>

POC: Cinerous

Que times: Sunday (8:00 PM)

Guild: <Jawa Stole My Bike>

POC: TBD

Que times: TBD

Guild: <Revelation>

POC: V'rod

Que times: Sunday / Friday (8:00 PM)

Guild: <Dark Eclipse>

POC: Empire: Eraoc / Nyaxe Republic: Monkfish

Que times: Sunday / Friday (time TBD)

Guild: <Starsider>

POC: Daegan / Jitterz

Guild: <The Ebon Remnant>

POC: Jas'ter / Bhayne

Que times: Sunday (time TBD)

Guild: <Iconic>

POC: Cørsin / Rincepz

Que times: Sunday / Friday (8:00 PM)

Guild: <Ohana>

POC: Shoryn-ryu / K'ressh

Guild: <Tranquility> / <Prime Defense>

POC: Xider / Vasyel

Guild: <Vengeful Malice>

POC: Neldiahr

Guild: <Dark / Light Holiday>

POC: Imp: Magnaus / Drekk Pub: Reegina / Chian'a

Guild: <Eternal Hostility>

POC: Hoodrathector, Aristides

Edited by JAYFB

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i had 2 seperate threads, one for kickball and one for guild ranked but whatever works. ill be doing kickball tonight starting around 8PM est time (Unicorns have a guild meeting so none of us will be able to participate in anything prior to 8) using unicorn stampede's mumble. last saturday i was able to get 2 teams (had 3 or 4 at one point) and keep it going from around 9pm to 130 in the morning.

and my unicorn ranked team will be queuing up against Chaotic Pixels and their ranked team on sunday night, im very excited to bring ranked back to this server its a lot of fun and i hope now that theres 2 teams formed, i hope that other guilds will make the same efforts I have made in Unicorns and Roxy has made in CP. Unicorns had some good ranked matches on wednesday against CP and i look forward to plenty more. I would love for other guilds to get teams together for some friendly competition. any other guilds looking to queue just let me know what time you guys intend on queuing and we'll try and go against each other. as always looking forward to some GGs :D

Edited by Cinerous

Wen I get back from vacation I'll gladly be apart of any pug rated nights. Pub side I can dps and tank, while I can heal and dps imp side ( I can do all three well). I will say; I've been trying to get Revelation to put together a ranked squad because we have a lot of very skilled players, and I hope you'd be apart of that, Krogan. :cool: Until then, I'll support rated games by filling in as necessary.

Sikel / Ve'rod (and all the variations of)

Of course I'm in!

On a side note, I won't be able to organize pub teams for kickball tonight (7/20) since I'm at a wedding. Might be on later though... We'll see.

luls. I was spamming to contact YOU. heh. now it's me. but my VG has a funny character in his name. :(

so I spammed fleet and pubpvp from ~4pm to 8pm and managed to put together one team with a grand total of 1 alternate. I know a lot more pubs would like to do this, so...just plan on Sat evenings around 8pm eastern? (as stated in OP).

for those who didn't play but want to, would another day/time be better? I loves the kick ball, so I'll try for it whenever real teams aren't lined up. :cool:

Yeah, some of us would have done it except for raiding last night. One weekend and one weekday night for kickball might be nice.... although it looks like more guilds are inching towards fielding full teams too. (Until one guild dominates, sucks in other top players, and wrecks the whole scene again? Hope not.)

I apologize again for missing last night. A week ago we had two teams and 4 subs so I think there is interest. I can only help organize on weekends since I'm currently traveling for work during the week otherwise, I would try to put something in on a weeknight.

I'll add a Wednesday Kickball note for you Neldiahr. Once you confirm a time, I'll throw that in too.

Btw Seane, should have seen my son in action last night. Got his Op (Weser) to 55 and healed a few ranked kick ball matches. Far as I noticed, he was the only healer to break a million not once but twice. 1.4 million on the last one I did with him. He has gotten really good at healing. Not to shabby for a 13 year old. Not to shabby for any age.

Btw Seane, should have seen my son in action last night. Got his Op (Weser) to 55 and healed a few ranked kick ball matches. Far as I noticed, he was the only healer to break a million not once but twice. 1.4 million on the last one I did with him. He has gotten really good at healing. Not to shabby for a 13 year old. Not to shabby for any age.

Gongrats! The family that plays together, stays together! :D

Where was this 2 months ago?

Come now Seane, you know why it was not like this two months ago :rolleyes: It's unfortunate really, I always wished, and I know you have too when you tried to get the "developmental" league going, for something like this. To think that LD50 and Uncensored had THAT much of a grip on rateds, I guess nobody wanted to lose (ie que up), but someone always has too. BUT, I think the JC community is fantastic and am so happy to see pvp growing not to mention thriving. Keep up the work pvp family...and I must.....get......my.....operative.....to......55!!!!

Yeah, some of us would have done it except for raiding last night. One weekend and one weekday night for kickball might be nice.... although it looks like more guilds are inching towards fielding full teams too. (Until one guild dominates, sucks in other top players, and wrecks the whole scene again? Hope not.)

That is exactly what we DON"T want to happen, that is why we are trying to keep in kickball style, so anyone can join and be given the chance to feel out how ranked teams work. Kickball isn't a gear check, it's supposed to be fun so let's keep it that way:D:D

lol i really hope that doesnt happen. I see great players from many different guilds and i see good leaders in many different guilds ik ive told my Unicorn team id rather lose a few matches than make a team stop queuing (not that my team will be that dominating team but im sure eventually one team will rise up and start dominating. but hey gotta have fun while we can, always looking for more guilds to come out and do guild vs guild ranked. kickball is fun but so is playing with 7 other guys you always play with :D

lol i really hope that doesnt happen. I see great players from many different guilds and i see good leaders in many different guilds ik ive told my Unicorn team id rather lose a few matches than make a team stop queuing (not that my team will be that dominating team but im sure eventually one team will rise up and start dominating. but hey gotta have fun while we can, always looking for more guilds to come out and do guild vs guild ranked. kickball is fun but so is playing with 7 other guys you always play with :D

When one team starts to dominate it will most likely result in an end to the ranked scene that appears to have begun. If 5 or so teams are queueing now it can be enough to get pops on most nights, but if it is going to stay at 5+ teams queueing, teams will have to overcome tough loses with the better teams and remain competitive instead of giving up. Kind of like when LD50 would go on streaks of beating uncensored or Uncensored going on winning streaks against LD50. Neither gave up right away. If ranked teams here have a mentality that losing in ranked is better than a win in regs, the desire to get better, and not go out accusing the best teams of hacks, then queueing up for ranked would make sense. Hopefully more than 2 teams will be able to remain competitive this time.

Edited by SEANeD

When one team starts to dominate it will most likely result in an end to the ranked scene that appears to have begun. If 5 or so teams are queueing now it can be enough to get pops on most nights, but if it is going to stay at 5+ teams queueing, teams will have to overcome tough loses with the better teams and remain competitive instead of giving up. Kind of like when LD50 would go on streaks of beating uncensored or Uncensored going on winning streaks against LD50. Neither gave up right away. If ranked teams here have a mentality that losing in ranked is better than a win in regs, the desire to get better, and not go out accusing the best teams of hacks, then queueing up for ranked would make sense. Hopefully more than 2 teams will be able to remain competitive this time.

5 teams in Q is very different from 2 power houses and a bunch of pugs or massively inferior teams. even if one dominates, the other 4 will get pops against each other. I don't think we'll have 5 regular teams. but if we did, one dominant team wouldn't kill anything.

I'm very excited about all the interest in these forums, but I may not be able to participate much this week. However, I would like to bring up a few points:

1) Don't fear the idea of rated / ranked games. Although this hasn't been brought to my attention directly, I want everyone to realize we're not experts and we don't expect any different of anyone who is thinking about joining these pug teams. However, I do want everyone to be open to criticism. This should be treated as a learning experience.

2) Don't worry about your gear. With bolster your gear isn't as big a factor as it once was. Of course I expect some to be so under-geared / itemized that they can't contribute as much as others, but that doesn't mean you should avoid these opportunities (as mentioned earlier on).

These "kickball" games are supposed to be fun. The pvp community on JC has changed but it isn't dead. You can help breath new life into it by participating whenever you can.

Imps are putting together kickball on Wed. around 8 eastern. if pubs wanna do it, you'll have to take charge and organize it yourself. I'll be out of town and krogan's only good for the weekends. make sure you /cjoin pubpvp

advertise well before 8. you should be able to field a couple teams. :)

cinerous has offered <US> mumble. i checked it out. it's cool...just don't talk to poonz. no idea where that shnoz has been. ;p

Edited by foxmob

2) Don't worry about your gear. With bolster your gear isn't as big a factor as it once was. Of course I expect some to be so under-geared / itemized that they can't contribute as much as others, but that doesn't mean you should avoid these opportunities (as mentioned earlier on).
Gear *does* matter, though, and although I think you should play and queue whether or not you have full augmented restatted Conqueror, some of the "bolster ruined gear difference!" talk may raise unmeetable expectations.

Conqueror is definitely top.

Partisan is definitely a half-tier or so below that (about like BM-Champ in the old days)

Old (Campaign and below) PVE/converted WH/EWH is bolstered to about a half-tier or so below Partisan.

(Current 69+ PVE looks impressive in the ops frame, but is squishy as hell because of the expertise shortfall.)

So it's pretty much like any other point since the introduction of Centurion gear: three close but distinguishable gear levels obtainable with ever-increasing effort. Of course, I think everyone reading this thread already knows this. On the other hand, I still see people in WZs with Expertise crystals in PVE mainhands, BM implants, and other stuff that is punished hard by the current bolster rules (if you don't have full 109/150/191 expertise on a piece, you should have zero).

Edited by flem

Just wanted to thank chaotic pixels and dark eclipse for queuing up for guild vs guild ranked last night. My unicorn team had some tough matches against chaotic pixels (we lost one civil war and won 2 novare coasts) and we lost to dark eclipse and their 3 snipers who were a great counter to the bad comp we were running at the time. We acknowledge our node guard as our weakest link and are working to get a new one/train the old one. Was a great learning experience and my guys enjoyed themselves and are looking forward to playing a lot more games. Let me know if there's any guilds that plan on queuing up for ranked in the week and I'll try and get some unicorns to queue (prolly can't get our A team out but oh well) we will also be queuing up this Sunday starting around 7:30-8:00 PM east time.

Just wanted to thank chaotic pixels and dark eclipse for queuing up for guild vs guild ranked last night. My unicorn team had some tough matches against chaotic pixels (we lost one civil war and won 2 novare coasts) and we lost to dark eclipse and their 3 snipers who were a great counter to the bad comp we were running at the time. We acknowledge our node guard as our weakest link and are working to get a new one/train the old one. Was a great learning experience and my guys enjoyed themselves and are looking forward to playing a lot more games. Let me know if there's any guilds that plan on queuing up for ranked in the week and I'll try and get some unicorns to queue (prolly can't get our A team out but oh well) we will also be queuing up this Sunday starting around 7:30-8:00 PM east time.

lol well at least you only had 1 weak link, we have much work to do:D but fun just the same:rolleyes: