Ranked (Guild v Guild & Kickball)

JAYFB

I am currently looking for a pvp oriented guild pub side that has interest in forming a rated team. I play scoundrel heals and am fairly geared. Starsiders or Einherjar, etc., in need of scoundrel heals? I also have a couple other 55s (sage dps / vguard tank) but they are not nearly as geared--however, if they were a better fit... I can also start farming a set of healing gear for my sage as I know the spec and can play it as well.

Any openings?

As Xider and I told you, give us a minute. ;)

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jumped on mumble last night and just could not get the mic on my headset to stop pumping out this God awful high pitched beeping, so instead of making everyone's ears bleed, I bowed out and went down to puggy town. Sad too because it looked like a nice amount of people with a couple of channels going. Looks like I gotta admit defeat and buy a new pair. Any suggestions on a decent set for a reasonable price? All goes well, I should be in there with y'all real soon.

Been trying to get my guild to get their feet wet in ranked lately.

Ran into one of these kickball teams last night in a huttball match and my team stopped trying after the 2nd goal. I was happy when it was 5-0 because I just knew it'd be over soon. Instead I spent the next 10 minutes running for my life, I couldn't even get near the ball, lol.

My Guildies swear they had fun, so I guess that's all that counts. Still have some without ANY pvp gear, so they are squishy as hell and hard to heal. I'm hoping it makes me a better player in the long run as they'd be much easier to heal with more than 1600 expertise.

I jumped on mumble last night and just could not get the mic on my headset to stop pumping out this God awful high pitched beeping, so instead of making everyone's ears bleed, I bowed out and went down to puggy town. Sad too because it looked like a nice amount of people with a couple of channels going. Looks like I gotta admit defeat and buy a new pair. Any suggestions on a decent set for a reasonable price? All goes well, I should be in there with y'all real soon.

Reminds me of a funny trip to game stop. Guy behind the counter must have been working on commission, because he was trying everything he could to sell me a pair of headphones at $125.00. He gets all serious game mode faced and in a hushed whisper says, "these are so good, you can hear the grass crunching under the feet of your opponent as they come up behind you." Being that he was fairly young, in a serious voice I asked how good they were at mitigating wife aggro. Confused the hell out of him, he asked what game I played because he had never heard of wife aggro. I said its called "Life". So I want to know if these headphones are sesitive enough to hear the whistling of the frying pan as it nears my head once she finds out how much I paid for them. He had no response and didn't bother ke anymore after that.

Ran into one of these kickball teams last night in a huttball match and my team stopped trying after the 2nd goal. I was happy when it was 5-0 because I just knew it'd be over soon. Instead I spent the next 10 minutes running for my life, I couldn't even get near the ball, lol.

My Guildies swear they had fun, so I guess that's all that counts. Still have some without ANY pvp gear, so they are squishy as hell and hard to heal. I'm hoping it makes me a better player in the long run as they'd be much easier to heal with more than 1600 expertise.

Hehe sorry about that. I thought you guys were trying to bring a full guild ranked team to crash kickball so I told my team to make it 5-0 as quick as possible then farm from there lol I well as long as everyone had fun dumpster diving when we put our ball carrier in the box that's all that matter :D

Hehe sorry about that. I thought you guys were trying to bring a full guild ranked team to crash kickball so I told my team to make it 5-0 as quick as possible then farm from there lol I well as long as everyone had fun dumpster diving when we put our ball carrier in the box that's all that matter :D

We certainly crashed lol. But we don't have a "team". We just threw whatever 8 we had online interested in playing. I mean... besides Sith'ari, did you recognize ANY names on our team?

This reads as:

Oh yeah we smashed your team on purpose, but we didn't know you were pugs ;).

Lol jk

We'll be going more, with the intention of actually having a team, eventually as more players get geared the farmings will stop. For now have at it I guess lol. I don't mind so much...

Lol I recognized 2 maybe 3 ppl. Naw I didn't realize it wasn't an actual team until afterwards when neo (sithari) told me. Naw were (unicorn stampede team if you ever come across our actual team instead of just a few unicorns and some pugs doing kickball) not gonna farm you if we ever come across you. Unless you want is to just death match like on a huttball or something. Once one team gets to 5 we can just start death matching if that's what you guys want idc. But nah we're not gonna try and farm you or anything.

This reads as:

Oh yeah we smashed your team on purpose, but we didn't know you were pugs ;).

Lol jk

Lol no thats pretty accurate. Saw 8 ppl in same guild that weren't participating in our kickball event so I assumed some

Guild was trying to hop in and crush the kickball teams that are made up of pugs so that had us a bit annoyed. Didn't realize until afterward when sithari told us that you guys accidentally queued ranked. Felt a little bad once we found out they weren't tryna pull an LD and crash kickball :D

Lol no thats pretty accurate. Saw 8 ppl in same guild that weren't participating in our kickball event so I assumed some

Guild was trying to hop in and crush the kickball teams that are made up of pugs so that had us a bit annoyed. Didn't realize until afterward when sithari told us that you guys accidentally queued ranked. Felt a little bad once we found out they weren't tryna pull an LD and crash kickball :D

We did actually queue ranked on purpose fully expecting to run into you guys and the eventual outcome, but it was not intended to "crush kickball". Like I said we had some people in full pve gear... We were super queueing regs too tho and whichever one popped first we took.

We did actually queue ranked on purpose fully expecting to run into you guys and the eventual outcome, but it was not intended to "crush kickball". Like I said we had some people in full pve gear... We were super queueing regs too tho and whichever one popped first we took.

Ahh. Neo had told us you guys were accidentally queued trying to get super queues or something like that lol. Can't remember what he said exactly was in the middle of a match

Ahh. Neo had told us you guys were accidentally queued trying to get super queues or something like that lol. Can't remember what he said exactly was in the middle of a match

Unless they thought putting us in the ranked queue gave us better chance at reg super queue or some other reason I don't yet understand, it was on purpose because we queued ranked first every time, then synced queues for regs. As far as I understood we were in there deliberately.

I don't see how it's possible to queue ranked accidentally.

Edited by ace_boogie

Unless they thought putting us in the ranked queue gave us better chance at reg super queue or some other reason I don't yet understand, it was on purpose because we queued ranked first every time, then synced queues for regs. As far as I understood we were in there deliberately.

I don't see how it's possible to queue ranked accidentally.

thats what i understood it to be was ppl thought it would help them superqueue cuz they thought that nobody was queuing for ranked? idek or care

It was a ton of fun even though we got shredded. I started laughing when you guys hopped into the dumpster with the ball, I respecced smash on the spot. Had some facepalm when they went chasing after the ball, leaving mid to be dominated. However with Dressa, Jaster, Snab and Neo I hope to have 8 people ready for some fun matches in the next couple months *crosses fingers*

Edited by Jack_Shadowshade

It was a ton of fun even though we got shredded. I started laughing when you guys hopped into the dumpster with the ball, I respecced smash on the spot. Had some facepalm when they went chasing after the ball, leaving mid to be dominated. However with Dressa, Jaster, Snab and Neo I hope to have 8 people ready for some fun matches in the next couple months *crosses fingers*

Lol yea it was hilarious. That dumpster move is trademarked by Unicorn Stampede ;p but yea it was fun and that's what it's all about.

There was a guild running a premade last night (forget the name) but they said they'd be queuing against my Unicorn team on Sunday. Anyone know who they are? It wasnt chaotic pixels or dark eclipse

It is possible that starsider will take our undergeared butts into some rateds on sunday, but not sure if it was someone from my guild who said that. I have an announcement, but whether we will have people or not remains to be seen. Is there some type of hub or communication tool we can have to know whether people have a team to do rateds or are doing kickball etc. ? I see sunday evening definitely looks like a good possibility for a few teams, but would be nice to be able to communicate with each other to know when to queue.

It is possible that starsider will take our undergeared butts into some rateds on sunday, but not sure if it was someone from my guild who said that. I have an announcement, but whether we will have people or not remains to be seen. Is there some type of hub or communication tool we can have to know whether people have a team to do rateds or are doing kickball etc. ? I see sunday evening definitely looks like a good possibility for a few teams, but would be nice to be able to communicate with each other to know when to queue.

Try /cjoin pubpvp and imppvp and just ask in those channels.

<Revelation> is planning on queing around 8 on Sunday. Looks like we'll have 3 or 4 guilds qued! Should be a good time.:rak_03:

Also... Kickball pub side is on for Saturday at 8! Hope to have a good turnout.

Edited by JAYFB

Try /cjoin pubpvp and imppvp and just ask in those channels.

<Revelation> is planning on queing around 8 on Sunday. Looks like we'll have 3 or 4 guilds qued! Should be a good time.:rak_03:

Also... Kickball pub side is on for Saturday at 8! Hope to have a good turnout.

Revelation yes that's who it was. Looks like 3 or 4 for Sunday at least. Had some great back to back huttballs with you guys last night.

Sunday is best for unicorns. Our A team isn't available Monday-Wednesday until after 11PM est time. Let me know when you guys can queue up and I'll try and get my guys together. Can't promise my A team or even a good comp but should be able to get some games going.