Did they stealth nerf slicing?

Ghurtak

Today was the first day I made slicing work successfully and can finally see what everyone likes about it. So, I think it's working as expected.

I cannot promote this statement enough.

Gold Seller DO NOT "bot" in this game, its fair easier to trick us, into giving your account over and just steal the credits we earned. Long are the days they could have dozens of computers playing this game automatically mainly because of the requirements of this game.

While they still use software to spam us, they don't really use it to play it, besides as you point out not every mission will turn a profit.

I don't think so.. I logged in real quick today to restart missions and I had a blue class 5 lockbox with 9k, and a green class 4 with 4.3k

The trick is to not do anything besides Bountiful and Rich yields.. Like.. I'll send a crew member off on a class 2 mission if it's a rich yield.

If you only do bountiful and rich yields, no matter the level, you will make insane amounts of credits

Yesterday I dropped UWT 150 for slicing, I'm not at 342 slicing and I have 110k credits, speeder training, 3 speeders, 2 bag-slots unlocked...

Do not think it has been stealth nerfed, but it definitely needs it. You shouldn't be able to create credits out of thin air.. I'm simply doing it to stay ahead of the inflation it's inevitable going to cause.

yesterday I was getting 2800 - 3300 for each level 5 slicing mission (which costs about 1200cr) now I am not even breaking even (i'm getting like 800 - 1100 per mission).

What happened overnight?

Probably you are getting "moderate" missions. Try doing only "rich" ones, even if they are few levels lower. Works perfectly.

I don't think so.. I logged in real quick today to restart missions and I had a blue class 5 lockbox with 9k, and a green class 4 with 4.3k

The trick is to not do anything besides Bountiful and Rich yields.. Like.. I'll send a crew member off on a class 2 mission if it's a rich yield.

If you only do bountiful and rich yields, no matter the level, you will make insane amounts of credits

Yesterday I dropped UWT 150 for slicing, I'm not at 342 slicing and I have 110k credits, speeder training, 3 speeders, 2 bag-slots unlocked...

Do not think it has been stealth nerfed, but it definitely needs it. You shouldn't be able to create credits out of thin air.. I'm simply doing it to stay ahead of the inflation it's inevitable going to cause.

Listen to this man.

It is unbelievable that some people are at 400 slicing yet still don't have a decent grasp on various yields.

While it may require some tweaking, I'm not convinced that it is as big of a problem as it is being made out to be. It is currently the best money maker or at least the easiest/most straight forward one, but I'd imagine you could make a lot more money making/selling top end equipment, modifications, etc. once more people hit 50 and the market stabilizes.

This is definitely a case of "she deep breaths more".

Bountiful, Rich, and Wealthy (learned missions) missions are still giving several thousand credits profit on investment. There is absolutely no reason to nerf slicing. It may make a fair amount of money right now, but in 6 months or a year when the economy has inflated and slicing still gives the same amount of money... it will fall out of favor.

Calm down the collective crazy. Slicing is fine.

I can say that as far as I see, slicing credit rewards have been nerfed.

What I used to see (as a 400 slicer): A mix of augs and lock box missions. The lock box missions ranged from moderate to rich across all level ranges.

What I see now: More Augment quests than lock box quests. Maybe 1 rich lockbox mission spread out across all 6 tiers. 1 or 2 abundant.

It seems like they "fixed" slicing by putting in more Aug Quests and lowering the lockbox returns. Good or bad, idk.

Although one thing I don't like is they haven't acknowledged that they've done this. Was slicing OP, IMO yes it was. I never agree with stealth nerfs and this sets a bad precedent.