The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Sith

Beniboybling

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Jadus had more info on him. We get a pretty good glimpse at his abilities (as well as some hype), but I suppose the information we have at this time doesn't fit the criteria.

Even though I'm a big Bane fan I realize the need to be thorough in examination for such a list. What about Freedon Nadd? Is he considered ancient? He has more material on his non-spiritual self than Muur and has some cool feats. Thoughts?

I wish Jadus had more info on him. We get a pretty good glimpse at his abilities (as well as some hype), but I suppose the information we have at this time doesn't fit the criteria.

I would except he gets taken down by Cipher 9. So that drops him down a few pegs for me. I mean really an Intel operative who's not force sensitive got the drop on you? Yeah, not that smart.

Thank God - I'm only level 18 but I expect to level him really quickly over the next week. Really looking forward to the story.

Well like the one above you said, that's one of a few outcomes. Hell tempted to replay the agent just to play it a whole different way! Plus the agent story was good start to finish.

Too bad there is no way to replay a story once you beat it, even if it gives ZERO XP and loot, just to play it again.

Yeah - like is Star Trek online (GASP!) - you could access any mission at all to repeat again at your leisure. Sadly that game is Pay to Win, and we don't speak of it :p

Trust me I know, played one character to level 50 got the free oddessy, then pretty much stopped playing. Didn't like being an admiral but just a glorified captain.

Agreed, I think the man who crushed the weakling brotherhood and began the rule of 2 that produced Sideous deserves number 10. And he did many impressive force feats, and was a very accomplished saber duelist.

Plus he gathered A LOT of sith knowledge and made sure he could pass it on. Yeah I think he should get number 10.

Agreed, I think the man who crushed the weakling brotherhood and began the rule of 2 that produced Sideous deserves number 10. And he did many impressive force feats, and was a very accomplished saber duelist.

Plus he gathered A LOT of sith knowledge and made sure he could pass it on. Yeah I think he should get number 10.

Well he was the Sith'ari. If that doesn't make him exempt from Rule of Two mechanics then I don't know what does.

Well he was the Sith'ari. If that doesn't make him exempt from Rule of Two mechanics then I don't know what does.

Actually the case could be made that Caedus was the Sith'ari. But I could see Bane being the Sith'ari as well.

Darth Bane is the confirmed Sith'Ari.

aha. Ben far as Cadeus being the Sith'ari, it was mentioned in the books. I think the second book had that talisman Luyumia had about the legend of the Sith'ari, though she was probably lying through her teeth.

But if Bane was confirmed as the Sith'ari then, I am wrong. It was merely something I caught reading the Legacy books.

But if Bane was the Sith'ari, I think that should seal the deal for number 10.

aha. Ben far as Cadeus being the Sith'ari, it was mentioned in the books. I think the second book had that talisman Luyumia had about the legend of the Sith'ari, though she was probably lying through her teeth.

But if Bane was confirmed as the Sith'ari then, I am wrong. It was merely something I caught reading the Legacy books.

But if Bane was the Sith'ari, I think that should seal the deal for number 10.

The Sith'ari will be free of limits.

The Sith'ari will lead the Sith and destroy them.

The Sith'ari will raise the Sith from death and make them stronger than before.

Sound familiar?

[*]Yes she means Luke Skywalker. Anyone who understands the basic concept of the Chosen One (a being purely born of the Force) will understand that unlocking the full potential of the Chosen One is going to make you ridiculously powerful - powerful enough to move black holes.

I'm slowly catching up through this thread but this caught me.

Isn't Anakin the Chosen One, not Luke?

On a side note, assuming that Anakin hadn't been crippled, wouldn't he theoretically have the potential to become the most powerful force user and duelist ever out of anyone or anything (since he was born purely of the Force). I know it didn't turn out that way so I'm not arguing Darth Vader for #1 or anything, but assuming he had realized his full potential, wouldn't he be undisputable #1 amongst all Jedi/Sith/Other combined?

I've got some more questions once I fully catch up but for the time being I just didn't want to forget to ask about this.

Edited by GGTeMpLaR

I'm slowly catching up through this thread but this caught me.

Isn't Anakin the Chosen One, not Luke?

I've got some more to say once I fully catch up but for the time being I just didn't want to forget to ask about this.

Anakin is the chosen one but he never reached his potential, Luke inherited that FULL potential and later in life ACHIEVED it in other words Luke is what Anakin could have been had he not lost his limbs on Mustafar.

Anakin is the chosen one but he never reached his potential, Luke inherited that FULL potential and later in life ACHIEVED it in other words Luke is what Anakin could have been had he not lost his limbs on Mustafar.

How? Luke wasn't born purely of the force.

It seems like HAD Anakin truly actualized his FULL potential, he would be the undisputed #1 and even Luke would have been #2 to him (given the generation gap between being born purely of the force and that beings offspring with a regular human - making Luke in a sense a halfborn of the Force).

Are you saying they would both be tied for #1 had Anakin realized his full potential?

Edited by GGTeMpLaR

Sidious was and is the most powerful Sith Lord to date. You can't even argue about it, Georgey boy said so himself. The only Sith that as we know could've exceeded him in power is Anakin Skywalker but then he got all RoboCop and well.. If you haven't watched the movies shame on you, if you have we all know how it goes from there.

Sidious was and is the most powerful Sith Lord to date. You can't even argue about it, Georgey boy said so himself. The only Sith that as we know could've exceeded him in power is Anakin Skywalker but then he got all RoboCop and well.. If you haven't watched the movies shame on you, if you have we all know how it goes from there.

Could you provide a source for George saying that?

Sound familiar?
Funnily enough both Plagueis and Sidious believed themselves to be the Sith'ari.

Plagueis' reasoning:

I am free from blind obedience to symbols and mysticism. I will end the traditions that have bound the Sith throughout history. I have unlocked the secrets of life, and by doing so I will enable long-term plans to ensure Sith dominance for centuries. I am not a creature of superstition. But if the robes of the Sith'ari fit, I see no reason not to claim them.

Sidious' reasoning

As Darth Bane instituted the Rule of Two, so I will begin the Rule of One. The Sith will no be sustained by one - one to hold the power and others, talented in the Force, to execute my will as dark side agents...

...Throughout the eras, the Sith foretold of a being who would destroy their Order and rebuild it stronger than before. I do not care about ancient prophecies. The approval of the dead is meaningless. Yet is is clear that the Sith'ari could be no other than me.

That said Bane fits the bill most correctly, and he was the only one who fully succeeded in accomplishing his goals - though I'd be interested to know where exactly it was affirmed that Bane was the Sith'ari.

And Sidious actually rejected the idea that Bane was the Sith'ari:

My Master suggested...that Darth Bane fulfilled the prophecy by annihilating the old Sith Order and establishing the Rule of Two. Yet Bane was not free from restrictions. As my plans unfold, I grow ever closer to unlimited power.

And he does have a point. But back on topic. Are we agreed on Bane for #10? Bearing in mind that unfortunately Tenebrous does not qualify for the list due to lack of information. He really could go anywhere.

P.S. Strangely enough, I can't find any evidence of Bane actually claiming to be the Sith'ari. I doubt he would be impressed by the self-serving arrogance of his successors.

Edited by Beniboybling