The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Sith

Beniboybling

You are not in the position to give a verdict about flexibility of other members and neither you should do this. If I am stubborn to a certain degree, so is Beni and many others. I am (personally) open to all kinds of possibilities. However, I cannot reach a middle ground with Beni, if he refuses to cooperate.

I have commented on other characters in this thread as well. Though I pointed out before (in this thread) that I would focus on one character at a time. This debate isn't over.

Not at all, the way you two conduct yourselves could not be any more different.

And yes, it's over for now, we all said we'd go back to Caedus at the end of the other debates, yet you persist on doing it right now.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes, it's over for now, we all said we'd go back to Caedus at the end of the other debates, yet you persist on doing it right now.

I have repeatedly told Beni to take his time. I am not in hurry.

Here is one example:

I have requested you to (not necessarily respond to) my post # 314 but rather read it and consider information provided in it in your final evaluation. Not a difficult request, I presume.

By final evaluation, I mean re-evaluation that is expected to be done after all the spots have been filled.

If Beni wants to take 5 days; fine! 10 days; fine! A month; fine! I am not pressurizing him to conduct a comparison between Caedus and Vitiate right now. If he is going to do it, he should do it as per his convenience.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Yep we will get it when the top 10 are decided position will be gone over and double checked like we did in the Jedi one :D. I honestly have faith in these forums for the most part, mistakes can be made on occasion but every one is human so its inevitable but working together I think we are doing our darndest and getting the closest to spot on that we can get.

I have repeatedly told Beni to take his time. I am not in hurry.

Here is one example:

By final evaluation, I mean re-evaluation that is expected to be done after all the spots have been filled.

If Beni wants to take 5 days; fine! 10 days; fine! A month; fine! I am not pressurizing him to conduct a comparison between Caedus and Vitiate right now. If he is going to do it, he should do it as per his convenience.

honestly I can see this :), but I think they are asking to hold that debate for a bit so people can kind of focus since it can be difficult to sort through all the arguments and to remember which ones are for what, so we kind of want to put that debate on hold, but remind every one to keep it in mind and we will argue in do time and encourage people to bring it then, just for now hold off for a little so we can focus :).

You'll find however that Legend conveniently chooses to ignore the most compelling argument in Caedus favour, the fact that Luke Skywalker feared that if not dealt with soon he would become more powerful than all of them i.e. Caedus had the potential to become more powerful than Luke Skywalker. Noting that Luke Skywalker has first hand experienced of Caedus' force potential and at the same age Luke defeated the Emperor in lightsaber combat and the Force albeit with the help of his untrained sister.

All we can take from this is that Luke and Caedus are close in terms of power, which I feel is justification for his position.

That's the most compelling argument? That Luke thought that maybe some way somehow Caedus would become more powerful then him. That is not all that solid. When you put Vitate feats against Caedus Vitate wins. All Caedus has going for him is that his uncle thought highly of his power.

Just pointing out that of course you would disagree with legends post you think that a handicap sith lord is more powerful then Vitiate. And why did you not argue for plagueis over vitiate in this thread?

a fight is not determined solely by power. Obi-wan was less powerful then Anakin in Episode 3 yet Obi-wan still won, an arena is chosen trying to keep it in a way that may have something both people could use and then we analyze not just force power but physical capabilities, tactical ingenuity, saber skill, and arsenal as well as how the terrain will affect the fight. Vitiate is more powerful but in that particular fight Plageus won on that day.

Edited by tunewalker

I have an issue with your so-called format. My point is that you should make these discussions convenient for everybody.
Trust me, this is making it convenient. And my so called format is the canonical breakdown of Force powers.
I do change my mind if opposition presents convincing arguments.

For example: You made a distinction between The Ones and Celestials in a different discussion in a different thread and I didn't dispute this much because you may have a point in this case. Though I will check out the associated sources to verify your claim for personal satisfaction but this shouldn't bother you if you are correct.

So do not presume that I am not flexible in my perceptions. If I am defending certain points, that is because of canon based reasons.

Excuse me?

You and (many others) commonly tout Luke as the most powerful Jedi in the mythos. I pointed out a fact that he couldn't defeat Nyax on his own; Tahiri and Vong defeated Nyax. I have presented spoilers about this fight in this thread to prove my point.

Think before you make an absurd remark concerning me.

Yeah, whatever.

Sith Emperor spent centuries to prepare himself for the greatest ritual to be attempted; he was naturally gifted in the use of dark side and Sith Sorcery and he touched new heights with his talents. Therefore, likelihood of his success was much greater then otherwise, because Sith Emperor feared death and wouldn't have attempted something without adequate preparation which would have led to his fall.

Also, why create a distinction between natural and unnatural? Sidious also grew in power in unnatural ways but you do not have an issue with that? Why double-standards for Vitiate only?

Furthermore, Sith Sorcery is essential part of dark side based skillset of a character. For example: Zannah managed to defeat Bane on the basis of her Sith Sorcery based skillset, which is still a fair development.

Darth Bane had referred to sorcery as one of the purest expressions of the dark side of the Force, and yet he hadn’t been able to harness those energies with near the skill as had his onetime apprentice Zannah. Bane’s disciples, however, believed that he had experimented with a technique of even greater significance: that of essence transfer, which he had learned after acquiring and plundering the holocron of Darth Andeddu, and which involved the relocation of an individual’s consciousness into another body or, in some cases, a talisman, temple, or sarcophagus. (Star Wars: Darth Plagueis)

Sith Sorcery is a specialized branch of Sith Inquisitor curriculum.

Yes, Sith Magic is the purest expression of the dark side of the Force, but that doesn't change the fact that in the end it doesn't require much ability in the Force to wield and so is not a reliable indication of power.. Even the lowliest of Force-sensitives with an affinity with Sith Magic were able to wield it. Hence we should look to other spheres of ability for confirmation of his power.

And no, there are no double-standards going on here, you have failed to understand. Nowhere has I stated that "Sidious is the most powerful because if he had used the magic-eight-ball-crystal he would have achieved immense power" because as an unnatural progression of his power it doesn't indicate anything about his current state. Indeed if the Sith Emperor had just existed, would he have achieved that level of power? No. On the other hand if Caedus had just existed he would have, therefore we can reach conclusions on how powerful he was at the time.

In put it into perspective, Darth Caedus was 32 at the time of his death. At the age of 33 Luke Skywalker took on and defeated Darth Sidious - give that some thought.

That's the most compelling argument? That Luke thought that maybe some way somehow Caedus would become more powerful then him. That is not all that solid. When you put Vitate feats against Caedus Vitate wins. All Caedus has going for him is that his uncle thought highly of his power.
Someway, somehow? Luke didn't have a vision of Caedus finding a magic crystal that would imbue him with super abilities. Luke Skywalker has had first hand experience of Caedus' abilities and has been in a position to sense his tremendous power. He has watched him grow from a young age and if he believes Caedus would become more powerful than him, its likely true.

Not that that is all Caedus has going for him - but I'll address that when the time comes.

Edited by Beniboybling

Just pointing out that of course you would disagree with legends post you think that a handicap sith lord is more powerful then Vitiate. And why did you not argue for plagueis over vitiate in this thread?
That was a vs series, Plagueis won through superior intellect and tactics, not superior power. This is different.

Bane, definitely Bane before Tyrannus. Bane would spank the ever loving HELL out of Tyrannus and not even break a sweat.

Reason Skywalker beat him, form II cannot take the kenetic blows of Form V.

Lol, I wouldn't say that.

But anyway I'm still for Bane over Dooku. And I'm not all too sure on Tenebrous, we simply do not possess the information. For all we know he could be one rung below Plagueis himself.

Lol, I wouldn't say that.

But anyway I'm still for Bane over Dooku. And I'm not all too sure on Tenebrous, we simply do not possess the information. For all we know he could be one rung below Plagueis himself.

Honestly it is kind of sad how many times we run into that problem, candidates that would likely have a shot just aren't explored enough in cannon to be able to truly place them, but we do have to go with what we know and not what could be.

I did not say Plagueis was more powerful than Vitiate. However, Plagueis is the better combatant. He's smarter, faster, stronger, and more versatile. More than enough for him to win.

Darth Caedus vs the Sith Emperor

Control: "Control is internal. It is the Jedi's ability to recognize the Force in himself and to use it to his benefit."

Darth Caedus: possessed incredible skill in the ability to manipulate his body which allowed him to dull pain, manipulate blood flow and organ performance, manipulating his body to adapt to the environment and/or wounds. This ability also allowed him to influence others, putting them to sleep or lending them strength. He was also highly skilled in Force healing which he could use to put others in healing trances among other powers. These powers manifested themselves most overtly when Caedus on one occasion had his arm completed severed and on the other occasion was impaled in the stomach, yet it did not seem to detriment him in anyway.

In addition to this, Caedus was immensely skilled in the use of Force cloak to the extent that he was able to cut himself off from the Force itself, even able to change what other Force sensitives would sense when searching for him. His ability was so potent that it fooled Luke Skywalker himself.

Caedus again showed his abilities were close to rivaling Luke's when he displayed his exceptional ability in tutanimis, making him able to absorb and redirect Skywakers attacks. Caedus was also a master of Force speed, which he used to school Jedi Battlemaster Kyle Katarn despite being outnumbered and even injure his uncle.

Sith Emperor: with his unprecedented knowledge of Sith Magic which he had over a millenia to study the Sith Emperor become an absolute master of transferring his consciousness - able to imbue portions of himself into the minds of others transforming then into Children of his will or a Voice to exact his commands.

It may not seem clear to everyone, but Caedus gets the edge in this category. Why? Because the Sith Emperor's ability in essence transfer is mainly a product of understanding, knowledge and a millennia of study. Essence transfer itself is an ability that even lesser Force users - such as Zannah's rejected apprentice Set Harth - were able to wield. So it is natural to assume that any being, of any power, would be able to achieve momentous ability in such a field given enough time. That said the Emperor remains second only to Sidious in his mastery over the technique and we must credit him for being able to both survive the death of these vessels and spread his essence across so many hosts. However having almost unprecedented ability in a field which any above-average Force user can wield does not take precedence over unprecedented ability in a field which only masters are capable of, and valuing raw power over understanding and knowledge. Caedus therefore takes the edge.

Sense: "Sense involves the next step, in which the Jedi recognizes the force in the universe outside oneself."

Darth Caedus: possesses remarkable abilities in Force empathy, and at a young age was able to have conversations with his mother and twin sister with ease, whereas most Jedi were barely able to manage a few words. He was also able to sever these connections when necessary to prevent detection, and block of his mind to make it unreadable even to Luke Skywalker himself. He was exceptionally skilled in the use of Battle Meld, acting as a 'hive mind' for seventeen other Jedi in a heightened form of battle meditation.

Caedus also possessed absolutely unprecedented ability in foresight, not only was he able to foresee the future and past at will, but was able to actively set the parameters of what he would see. Allowing incredibly accurate depictions of the future, unmatched by anyone in history. He was also highly skilled in the use of shatterpoint.

Sith Emperor: surprisingly has shown no ability in this category and in fact required Revan, as a prisoner, to access Force visions - so we can only assume his abilities were lacking in this field, or at least not on par with Caedus. Note that I don't consider his ability to dominate the minds of others as indication of ability in Sense because he does it in an unconventional way, dominating them in the most literal sense simply by overwhelming them with his dark side power - which is a display of Alter, not Sense.

Obviously Caedus gets the edge in this department but I would not say completely by de facto, as the Emperor's reliance on Revan and the Voss for that matter revealed a weakness concerning foresight. And the scope of Caedus' abilities in Sense are large and unprecedented.

Alter: "Alter is the third and most difficult area to master, for it involves the student's ability to modify the Force and redistribute its energies."

Darth Caedus: at a young age Caedus' abilities in telekinetic manipulation were profound, making him able to use Alter Environment by the age of five. He was also highly skilled in the use of Force choke able to use it on multiple Jedi at once, breaching their Force barrier simultaneously. He was also able to generate powerful Force waves which could blast away tons of rubble and send powerful Jedi flying - even in an injured condition.

He was exceptionally capable in the use of Force lightning, even before becoming a Sith Lord he was able to wield emerald lightning to such an extent that he could paralyse Vong who were supposedly immune to Force powers - and as a Sith Lord his lightning could morph opponents beyond recognition. He was also able to release discharges through his opponents spinal cords to paralyse them completely.

Caedus' abilities in mind control were just as profound, making him able to compel even powerful Force-users to obey him against their active resting will. Caedus also unlocked the ability to use Sith Battle Meditation simply through his own immense power, making him able to turn the tides of battles and utterly dominate the minds of others.

Caedus was also able to sever ones connection to the Force, most profoundly he used this against Ben Skywalker - the powerful son of Luke Skywalker himself - and then restored the connection with similar ease. An unprecedented demonstration of the ability.

Finally Caedus was incredibly skilled in the projection of Force illusions which were extremely convincing even to Jedi, he could even allow the viewer's mind to decide whom the projection was which allowed him to infiltrate their minds and make them hapless puppets bound to his will.

Outside of the scope of category, Darth Caedus grew so powerful in the Force that he achieved a moment of Oneness. Briefly transforming into a being of pure Force energy achieving deeper unity with the Force than any Jedi in history - even greater than Luke Skywalker who have achieved Oneness some time prior to this - indicating that he indeed did have a greater Force potential. We should also note the nature of Oneness - in order to achieve Oneness in the Force one must have a highly deep-seated connection to the Force. The greater the Oneness, the more powerful the Force user. Reinforcing the validity of Luke's belief that Caedus would soon surpass him.

Sith Emperor: his telekinetic abilities were likely highly skilled as at a young age he was able to snap his adoptive father's neck with merely a thought. He was also able to generate powerful Force waves to potent effect against powerful Force users.

He was able to generate exceptionally powerful Force lightning, unleashing storms of dark side energy on his opponents which could instantly incapacitate powerful Jedi. He was also able to charge incredibly powerful blasts of energy which even the most powerful of Jedi were unable to deflect.

The Sith Emperor was incredibly skilled in the use of mind control and on numerous occasions dominated the minds of powerful Force users such as Revan and Malak through sheer strength of will. He was also skilled in the use of Qâzoi Kyantuska which he used to dominate the minds of 8,000 Sith Lords.

The Sith Emperor was also exceptionally skilled in the use of Sever Force, able to strip a Sith Lord of his connection to the Force at a young age.

He was also capable of summoning potent Force illusions, creating multiple versions of himself when in battle with the Hero of Tython which were able to physically harm him.

Outside the scope of category, the Sith Emperor bolstered his already considerable power by consuming the Force essence of 8,000 Sith Lords as well as the life forms of an entire planet - by which he achieved immortality. However we must not from this jump to the conclusion that the Sith Emperor was as powerful as the combined strength of 8,000 powerful Sith and then some, this is clearly not the case as he faced destruction at the combined hands of Revan, Meetra and Scourge - and was unable to overcome the Hero of Tython. Two explanations are either that 1. the majority of said power was fueling his longevity 2. the majority of that power was infact expended/used to fuel the ritual itself. It is likely a combination of the two.

Both the Sith Emperor and Darth Caedus have Force abilities in the category of Alter in incredible scope, so I shall address and compare then individually. In terms of telekinesis I would give the edge to Caedus. He matched the Sith Emperor's ability to use telekinesis at a young age and arguably surpassed him, as the act of snapping a neck requires far less concentration and ability than altering the patterns of tiny molecules. Noting that lesser Force users such as Darth Zannah were capable of similar feats at a young age. And unlike the Sith Emperor in his prime he was able to choke Force sensitive individuals, breaching their barriers and matched the Emperor's ability to generate Force waves, if not surpassed him as Caedus was able to generate waves of similar potency in a severely injured condition. The edge however is likely not considerable.

In terms of Force lightning, it is much more difficult to call. Both have show themselves capable of easily incapacitating individuals who would otherwise be resistant to Force powers and both applications of Force lightning possess similar levels of destructive power. Therefore they are likely equal in this category, though if any edge were to be given it would go to the Sith Emperor, simply because of his ability to generate powerful Force storms. Though it should be noted that he likely pre-prepared the attack he used against the Jedi Strike Team as he was incapable of producing similar levels of power when caught off-guard by Revan.

In terms of mind control we must not be overly impressed by the Sith Emperor's display of Qâzoi Kyantuska, as according to the SWTOR Encylopedia and in conflict with Darth Nyriss' assumption, the Sith partook in the ritual willingly: "Eight thousand agreed to partake in a ritual that would bind the Sith together as an ultimate dark side weapon." [pg 161] Caught up in the throes of ritual - much akin to the thought bomb ritual - their minds would be easily dominated. Indeed a willing mind is far, far more susceptible to mental domination than an unwilling one, evident in the way in which Lord Kaan was able to manipulate the will of his Sith followers to enact the thought bomb ritual, as in their similarly dire situation they wished to believe it could succeed - and Lord Kaan is not exactly supremely powerful.

Instead it is important to look to his ability to dominate the minds of others without the aid of ritual. Both the Sith Emperor and Darth Caedus has dominated the minds of powerful Force users, and Caedus' mastery over battle meditation, which he achieved with no innate talent, only emphasizes his mastery over the technique. Despite this however the Sith Emperor receives a minor edge has he was able to dominate the minds of likely more powerful Force users who were effected by his very presence. However the edge is by no means large.

In terms of sever force, Caedus' application of the technique is unprecedented and a massive testament to his ability. Being able to relinquish and restore the connection of a powerful Force user - who was strong enough to challenge an avatar of Abeloth - shows complete dominance over them. That said the Sith Emperor was able to wield a standard variant of Force drain at the tender age of 13 - an equally testament to his power and ability to dominate other Force users. In such a sense they are likely equal in this field.

Finally in terms of Force illusions, Caedus would take the edge. Simply put he has displayed a far greater mastery over the technique, showing himself capable of using such illusions to both deceive and dominate the minds of others. While the Sith Emperor was only able to create apparitions that could fight on his behalf - a most rudimentary application of the power which even the most basic of adepts were capable of.

Overall, I remain confident that Caedus is the superior Force user. He has surpassed the Sith Emperor in the fields of Control and Sense quite considerably with his unprecedented ability in a variety of talents. And in terms of Alter, they are largely equal. Caedus has surpassed the Sith Emperor in the fields of telekinesis and Force illusions, while the Sith Emperor only has a notable advantage in the sphere of mind control. While they are equal in terms of Force lightning and Sever Force. However the playing field is leveled somewhat in the sense that if an edge had to be given in terms of lightning and sever Force, it is more likely going to be given to the Sith Emperor. However overall if an edge had to be given in Alter, it would go to Caedus as he has shown himself superior in a greater number of abilities.

I realise that for all those taken in by the canonical statements that the Sith Emperor is "the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed" etc. but Caedus' power has not gone unnoticed, and he is very much the megalodon of his respective era:

...Once mysterious prophecy, Luke Skywalker's words have become truth. But can even the Sword of the Jedi bring down one of the most powerful Sith Lords of all time?...

...The Galactic Alliance, with the extraordinary power and dark brilliance of newly ascendant Sith Lord Darth Caedus at its helm, may be unstoppable...

...It’s a plan that will be as difficult and dangerous to execute as it is daring. For Caedus is a scion of both the Skywalker and Solo bloodlines whose command of the Force surpasses even that of his grandfather Darth Vader...

--Taken from Invincible

Just like the Sith Emperor, Caedus has been affirmed as one of the most powerful dark siders ever. Which I feel justifies and solidifies his position as #2 - he should by no means be underestimated.

Edited by Beniboybling

This isn't a vs. thread. It's a thread based on power. Lightsaber skill doesn't matter here.

On power alone Bane would beat tyrannus. Or did you forget some of the force feats Bane mastered. Like tricking the brotherhood with the thought bomb? Who taught them that? BANE. Or setting Ruusan afire? Who focused the brotherhood for that and taught them it? Bane.

Or force transference[which I believe in part worked in the last book]. Bane is just more than a light saber duelest. People tend to forget that.

On power alone Bane would beat tyrannus. Or did you forget some of the force feats Bane mastered. Like tricking the brotherhood with the thought bomb? Who taught them that? BANE. Or setting Ruusan afire? Who focused the brotherhood for that and taught them it? Bane.

Or force transference[which I believe in part worked in the last book]. Bane is just more than a light saber duelest. People tend to forget that.

And yet your post was strictly about lightsaber skill...

He was merely pointing out that your comments concerning lightsaber ability are irrelevant. He never said that Dooku was the more powerful Force user.

At Aurbere and ben, you gents both have a point.

Also Ben, i don't know if you pointed out, but as a child Cadeus had an amazing connection to the force. So strong, his comatose uncle was able to link with him, so that Luke was able to use his abilities with the force and lightsaber THROUGH caedus to protect his own body. Infact Caedus was the only one who heard Luke through the force while he was comatose.

I'd call that quite an accomplishment for a 5 year old child.

At Aurbere and ben, you gents both have a point.

Also Ben, i don't know if you pointed out, but as a child Cadeus had an amazing connection to the force. So strong, his comatose uncle was able to link with him, so that Luke was able to use his abilities with the force and lightsaber THROUGH caedus to protect his own body. Infact Caedus was the only one who heard Luke through the force while he was comatose.

I'd call that quite an accomplishment for a 5 year old child.

Just add to the pile.

As it stands, I think Bane just barely edges Dooku out, but I'm sure I could find a better Sith (with more info than Tenebrous).
Well the very nature of the Rule of Two would imply that Zannah > Bane. But I'm not sure if that's entirely the case. I'll give their duel a read over.

Just add to the pile.

Have to read champions of the Force. I think that's the book where this scene happens. Even Jaina was absolutely shocked.

Even Leia couldn't get through to Luke, yet young Jacen did. Far as the duel between Bane and Zannanah, inconclusive.

It looks like Zannah won, but on the other hand, she did take on some traits of bane, like the hand twitch. Makes you wonder who really won.

Have to read champions of the Force. I think that's the book where this scene happens. Even Jaina was absolutely shocked.

Even Leia couldn't get through to Luke, yet young Jacen did. Far as the duel between Bane and Zannanah, inconclusive.

It looks like Zannah won, but on the other hand, she did take on some traits of bane, like the hand twitch. Makes you wonder who really won.

Well, DK confirmed that Bane was unsuccessful, but a piece of him resided in Zannah. You can find more info in the 'Behind the Scenes' section on Bane's wookiee page.

Yeah, Zannah one but a fragment of Bane's psyche remained.

Anyway in the duel Zannah attempts to drive him insane with Sith magic, basically assaulting his mind, but Bane manages to resist and dispels her attack - I don't know if that shows Bane to be stronger *shrug*