Pot5 RWZ results!

lordkhouri

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When rock bottom members came back and talked to us last night, they said that Casual was about the same to the mid fight against the top teams over on Bastion.

Also, it was expected that RB would be losing their first night against Casual. They had to recruit new players when they xferred and from what I saw they ended up pugging last night. It's not an excuse to lose, but I also wouldn't expect them to showcase their best game like that. I still wouldn't be too surprised if they still win regularly against the vast majority of other teams, they do have a strong team even after recruiting new players.

good lord. I really wish personal information was available so I'd know the age/mental state of ppl before replying to them. who keeps biting on these server v server statements? :rolleyes:

So Casual is as good as the top teams on Bastion after playing for a mere 2 weeks? Oh, cool.

The same could be said the other way around, why is Casual the best team on PoT5 a mere two weeks in?

I didn't down on anyone from this server in my post, I was nice enough. You're the one who started something there.

Ya know, considering you don't have a PvP rating, and make videos showcasing how to not play a shadow in reg wz's, I don't understand why you're always in all of the rated pvp business? Don't you like, have to go and try win a 1v6 on the offnode and lose a reg match or something??

I'm not trying to start anything, I want to see where RB stands in a few weeks, and personally I feel that they will be one of the strongest teams when they have their full team on. I still view casual as being the best team on PoT5, more than likely they're one of the top 5 teams in the world as well.

Let a couple weeks play out then we can make super generalized statements

My thoughts exactly. I'm glad a little mimicry on my part was able to help you reach that conclusion. You're welcome.

Edited by Asunasan

The same could be said the other way around, why is Casual the best team on PoT5 a mere two weeks in?

I didn't down on anyone from this server in my post, I was nice enough. You're the one who started something there.

Ya know, considering you don't have a PvP rating, and make videos showcasing how to not play a shadow in reg wz's, I don't understand why you're always in all of the rated pvp business? Don't you like, have to go and try win a 1v6 on the offnode and lose a reg match or something??

I'm not trying to start anything, I want to see where RB stands in a few weeks, and personally I feel that they will be one of the strongest teams when they have their full team on. I still view casual as being the best team on PoT5, more than likely they're one of the top 5 teams in the world as well.

I'm not starting anything. I just expanded on the information you put out there for everyone to read.

This is what is going to happen since you're playing the good guy act ill go ahead and spell it out for you:

1) Rock Bottom plays well and asserts itself as being a 'top team' on Pot5. Everyone from Bastion will lean on this and claim glory about their server because Rock Bottom was just a mid-tier team and they are a top-tier team on Pot5 so yeahhh Bastion is the best woooo!!!

2) Rock Bottom asserts themselves as being a mediocre team. Bastion then claims that is no surprise because they were a crappy representation of their server anyways! And if that isn't enough you can claim that the real Rock Bottom team doesn't exist on Pot5 because half their team is really from Pot5!!!

You must think we are all idiots to not see this coming. At the end of the day everyone on Pot5 is a winner because we are on Pot5 and not anywhere else. Not that Bastion isn't better than the remaining servers but it clearly does not have the quality of life that Pot5 envelops. How many people/teams have moved from Bastion to Pot5 versus moving from Pot5 to Bastion? Mhmm thought so.

Also - you turning this convo into a 'me versus you' thing is for another place. Those videos are from 5 months ago, care to come up with something new? Perhaps move to Pot5 and actually play against me? Since when does someone get a reputation for being disliked and are *actually* bad? You think the server would have such distain for me if I were as bad as you proclaim I am? No, they would just ignore me like any other bad who chooses to shed their thoughts.

Cheers

I'm not starting anything. I just expanded on the information you put out there for everyone to read.

This is what is going to happen since you're playing the good guy act ill go ahead and spell it out for you:

1) Rock Bottom plays well and asserts itself as being a 'top team' on Pot5. Everyone from Bastion will lean on this and claim glory about their server because Rock Bottom was just a mid-tier team and they are a top-tier team on Pot5 so yeahhh Bastion is the best woooo!!!

2) Rock Bottom asserts themselves as being a mediocre team. Bastion then claims that is no surprise because they were a crappy representation of their server anyways! And if that isn't enough you can claim that the real Rock Bottom team doesn't exist on Pot5 because half their team is really from Pot5!!!

You must think we are all idiots to not see this coming. At the end of the day everyone on Pot5 is a winner because we are on Pot5 and not anywhere else. Not that Bastion isn't better than the remaining servers but it clearly does not have the quality of life that Pot5 envelops. How many people/teams have moved from Bastion to Pot5 versus moving from Pot5 to Bastion? Mhmm thought so.

Also - you turning this convo into a 'me versus you' thing is for another place. Those videos are from 5 months ago, care to come up with something new? Perhaps move to Pot5 and actually play against me? Since when does someone get a reputation for being disliked and are *actually* bad? You think the server would have such distain for me if I were as bad as you proclaim I am? No, they would just ignore me like any other bad who chooses to shed their thoughts.

Cheers

They recruited one healer from PoT5 I believe. They had to pug last night because people weren't on, and they still wanted to queue for fun. Sick argument though.

I don't know why there's **** talking from either side about this whole bastion vs pot5 deal. We came to pot5 for earlier rated start times because our guild literally can not function on bastion timezones because, most of us are east coasters. Both servers are good to a degree. For people on my team it was either we transfer to pot5 for people to continue running ranked or it was GGs we're all going to separate and join whatever guild. Maybe even quit and sell our accounts... I will literally say that Casual is probably the best team I've ever fought and I'll even admit I got raped. They know what's up. So let's just end this whole bastion vs pot5 thing because people seem to have such ignorance about it.

~Itchy'eyes

Edited by xIphonex

You must think we are all idiots to not see this coming.

Cheers

Yeah, that is exactly how I would expect it to play out, it is a no win situation for POT5. So? Just because there is no situation in which POT5 will get to claim they are better than Bastion from this transfer and their is a situation in which Bastion could claim it is better than POT5 doesn't mean it isn't a potential way to determine if Bastions teams are better than POT5s. Some experiments can only prove A>B if one result happens and don't prove anything if the other result happens, in some cases that is how the the scientific method works. Its not "fair" but this is one of those experiments. I'm pretty sure Bastion would be perfectly happy for POT5 to reverse the experiment by sending one or more of its rateds teams over to play on Bastion. In fact, please do.

I don't know why there's **** talking from either side about this whole bastion vs pot5 deal. We came to pot5 for earlier rated start times because our guild literally can not function on bastion timezones because, most of us are east coasters. Both servers are good to a degree. For people on my team it was either we transfer to pot5 for people to continue running ranked or it was GGs we're all going to separate and join whatever guild. Maybe even quit and sell our accounts... I will literally say that Casual is probably the best team I've ever fought and I'll even admit I got raped. They know what's up. So let's just end this whole bastion vs pot5 thing because people seem to have such ignorance about it.

~Itchy'eyes

Sorry man, it was bound to happen with a team moving from one environment to the other. I totally get why you moved, and it was a good move in order to keep playing. And I agree, Casual was a fantastic team back when I played against them on the 2.0 PTS, I would assume they quickly got back up to that level after returning to the game.

Edited by Asunasan

for the people who really care about which server has the better rated team, because i sure as hell dont, character transfer are back up on the pts so yall can pull out your rulers there.

Now, will the bastion people please go troll their own forums again so i can get back to seeing the results of ranked wzs on this server. ty :)

Edited by ForsakenKing

They recruited one healer from PoT5 I believe. They had to pug last night because people weren't on, and they still wanted to queue for fun. Sick argument though.

The disparity of words found in your counter-comment is very telling as to how much more you have to add to this discussion. It appears that you have been bitten in then arse by your own comments thus far; so it is probably a wise move to withdraw and save face for another time.

Bye!

Edited by Polymerize

Rock Bottom welcome to the server ignore the troll post from other people. Ggs and thanks for not running the triple healer cheese comps we've seen lately from other teams. We pride ourselves on actual fights not that lame boring turtling stuff. See you guys soon.

Yeah, that is exactly how I would expect it to play out, it is a no win situation for POT5. So? Just because there is no situation in which POT5 will get to claim they are better than Bastion from this transfer and their is a situation in which Bastion could claim it is better than POT5 doesn't mean it isn't a potential way to determine if Bastions teams are better than POT5s. Some experiments can only prove A>B if one result happens and don't prove anything if the other result happens, in some cases that is how the the scientific method works. Its not "fair" but this is one of those experiments. I'm pretty sure Bastion would be perfectly happy for POT5 to reverse the experiment by sending one or more of its rateds teams over to play on Bastion. In fact, please do.

This is all true and fair to say. I agree with it 100%.

It was also fair for me to point out that, as you mentioned in a different way than I; that this is indeed a win-win situation for the Bastion and a lose-neutral for Pot5. I felt like I needed to point this out ahead of time to serve as a reality check.

Rock Bottom welcome to the server ignore the troll post from other people. Ggs and thanks for not running the triple healer cheese comps we've seen lately from other teams. We pride ourselves on actual fights not that lame boring turtling stuff. See you guys soon.

My kind of team right here.

Maybe there should just be a server where guilds that don't run 3 healers every match can play each other. How great would that be.

Let a couple weeks play out then you can make super generalized statements such as that with at least an once of credibility to back it.

Quote for Irony.

edit:

You must think we are all idiots to not see this coming. At the end of the day everyone on Pot5 is a winner because we are on Pot5 and not anywhere else.

A better answer would have been... "At the end of the day everyone on Pot5 is a winner because we gained another guild to queue in ranked." but I'm pretty sure you spend more time looking for a way to troll then make reasonable posts... funny thing is that the truth would have been a better troll.

Edited by LingeringDrama

Quote for Irony.

A better answer would have been... "At the end of the day everyone on Pot5 is a winner because we gained another guild to queue in ranked." but I'm pretty sure you spend more time looking for a way to troll then make reasonable posts... funny thing is that the truth would have been a better troll.

My generalized statement was derived from a previous generalized statement made from a Bastioneer. Two people were playing the same game, and it was obvious. Ill pat you on your back for being Captian Obvious if you feel the need for it.

Of course it is a good thing that Pot5 is a home to yet another ranked team. None of my statements have been derogatory towards the guild Rock Bottom. I have been using them in my statements because CLEARLY Bastion will be using them as a measuring stick to work in their favor regardless of what the result is. Want to berate me for doing so, go ahead I don't care I'm just keeping it real so when the **** starts flying at least I can say well derp I saw this coming as did anyone else with half a brain.

That all being said: welcome to anybody or any guild that decides to transfer to Pot5. :)

Edited by Polymerize