New Player, Class Help

Denyantras

Hello guys! I am brand new to this game, in fact it's downloading right now while I type this up on my phone, so please excuse any typos as auto correct is quite a trip.

That said, I know nothing about classes in this game. I need your help in what class would be best for me. In WoW I played a warrior and a Druid healer. I like being able to access gap closers and hit hard, sacrificing survivability because I rely on healers to help me out. I also enjoyed Druid heals for the ability to stealth into combat, and stealth out of it if need be. I also enjoyed the whole heal on the move while kiting rather than stand still and hard cast.

That said, what class(s) would best suit me?

Edit: forgot to mention I strictly PvP. I have never set foot in PvE in any game I've ever played.

Edited by Denyantras

Are y'all serious? Well shoot, I appreciate your feedback. And if I decide later on down the road that I'd like to start tanking, would I be able to change from Marauder to Juggernaut? Or would I just have to make a new toon?

Are y'all serious? Well shoot, I appreciate your feedback. And if I decide later on down the road that I'd like to start tanking, would I be able to change from Marauder to Juggernaut? Or would I just have to make a new toon?

New toon, once you pick an advanced class you're stuck. But if you want to tank Juggs the way to go in PvP. While we are at it snipers the best ranged DPS and assassin tanks the best node guards.

Edited by Boch

Though not as high in DPS a Jugg does have a pretty good dps tree for the class, and you can respec to Tank if you wanted too without having to roll a new toon.

But the others are right, best at the moment are Op for heals and Sent for DPS

There's quite a lot of reliable guides to get the right build for pvp here. Just look around,

Thank you all so much for your help so far. I have but one more question. The Bastion or Prophecy of the Five? I'm in Louisiana so pings will be identical. I just want whichever server has more active PvP guilds for reg and rated.

I suppose an Operative healer is the closest you would get to a WoW Druid. They also utilize HoTs, and have acess to stealth as well as several CC options. The Concealment spec is similiar to a Sub Rogue, though the burst is not that large (Assasins are currently the most bursty stealth DPS).

As for Warrior, probably a Marauder. Though, unlike Warriors, Marauders dont have as much CC, but they are also a melee-non stealth class centered around burst and CDs.

Its hard to say though, the classes here are fairly different to WoW and there is a fair share of class homogenization (which on the other hand makes SWTOR PvP a lot more balanced). Try reading the class info on the Holonet or checking the Advanced class abilities/skill trees on torhead - that should give you a fair idea of what the class is like.

Races are purely cosmetic, each race also gets some social ability (an emote basically) which is likewise cosmetic. They also affect some conversations, but barely. Just pick the race you like most.

Also keep in mind that Advanced classes are practically classes of their own, and permanent, so once you make your choice the only way to "change" is to make a new character.

Edit: Oh, noticed you already have your answer.

Edited by Shakhaar