NiM Scum and Villainy (and TFB) Progression

WillLongstick

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a technicality but can you show proof of an 8 man Writhing Horror kill?

I'm sure one of us can round it up. I trust an achievement pic will suffice at this point.

Here you go.

Edited by ssfish

http://i.imgur.com/dfdkMo5.jpg?1

APEX

Nightmare Dreadguards

10:27EST

Chatos Paladins and Select Few, I went with the time on the game clock for each of your DG kill pictures. Time zones could effect the ordering of your kills (only relevant until one of you kills Operator), so let me know if either of your kill shots is not in PST.

The nerf on the Dread Guard fight is quite substantial. Phase 1 and 2 lost any sort of healing and DPS checks. I would be open to including a separate section for the 4 guilds who killed the DG before this last nerf to honor that accomplishment.

Edited by WillLongstick

Ours was at 2027 PDT.

Edit: or 2028 on Ren's screenshot.

And yea, the nerf was quite drastic; three melee became a joke compared to trying to run three pre-nerf.

Edited by ssfish

Chatos Paladins and Select Few, I went with the time on the game clock for each of your DG kill pictures. Time zones could effect the ordering of your kills (only relevant until one of you kills Operator), so let me know if either of your kill shots is not in PST.

The nerf on the Dread Guard fight is quite substantial. Phase 1 and 2 lost any sort of healing and DPS checks. I would be open to including a separate section for the 4 guilds who killed the DG before this last nerf to honor that accomplishment.

I don't have extremely strong feelings either way, although as one of the guilds that cleared it pre-nerf I would be supportive. My main concern is that guilds skipped DG and were able to get gear and the strats down on the next three bosses - all while we were still progressing in a linear fashion. Now that DG is nerfed, that could realistically cause us to lose out on a Republic first clear of the instance (not saying we definitely would be the first anyway, but I hope you guys see what I mean). I would hate to be effectively punished for completing the instance as intended.

Although you can certainly make the same argument for kills before the enrage timer nerf as well, I think every agrees that this latest nerf is quite significant.

I don't have extremely strong feelings either way, although as one of the guilds that cleared it pre-nerf I would be supportive. My main concern is that guilds skipped DG and were able to get gear and the strats down on the next three bosses - all while we were still progressing in a linear fashion. Now that DG is nerfed, that could realistically cause us to lose out on a Republic first clear of the instance (not saying we definitely would be the first anyway, but I hope you guys see what I mean). I would hate to be effectively punished for completing the instance as intended.

Although you can certainly make the same argument for kills before the enrage timer nerf as well, I think every agrees that this latest nerf is quite significant.

What he said

Midian

Empire

Nightmare TFB

Dread Guards

25th of July 2013 9:50pm AEST (4:50am UTC)

Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/hehVdtw.jpg

Need an achievement shot to verify an 8 man Writhing Horror kill.

Nightmare Council, I gather by the UTC clock on your screenshot that you killed the Dread Guard roughly a day before your post?

As for the pre-nerf DG kills, a set of lines in the progression list can be messed up if a raid that cleared the DG this week is able to jump ahead of YES or Invictus for the Terror kill. I was thinking of sticking this block right before the kills list (I would need to dig back and find the kill dates):

Pre-nerf Dread Guard kills:

Before June 25th Patch

Hatred 6/xx 12:45 am

Before July 24th Patch

Haterade x/xx 9:01 pm

YES 7/6 11:13 pm

Invictus 7/xx 8:08 pm

Nightmare Council, I gather by the UTC clock on your screenshot that you killed the Dread Guard roughly a day before your post?

As for the pre-nerf DG kills, a set of lines in the progression list can be messed up if a raid that cleared the DG this week is able to jump ahead of YES or Invictus for the Terror kill. I was thinking of sticking this block right before the kills list (I would need to dig back and find the kill dates):

Pre-nerf Dread Guard kills:

Before June 25th Patch

Hatred 6/xx 12:45 am

Before July 24th Patch

Haterade x/xx 9:01 pm

YES 7/6 11:13 pm

Invictus 7/xx 8:08 pm

Looks good

That we did, just took a day to get the screenshot before posting it. Guess i forgot the date in my post.

i think its fine, keep it that way, i think theres a section where it says patch that happened and what got nerfed, if you want to see who killed before, just see dates i guess... as a guild that killed before first nerf, first nerf already was incredibly out of hand and easy in comparison.... this one is, well, you guys said it, i wont comment about it... reason why so many kills happened this week as well as title, then again, with NiM SaV being kind of challenging all around, also long operation of 7 bosses, i believe the nerf is fine so good guilds can progress in TFB get some gear and start working on harder things in SaV....

On a different note...SaV title run is super hard.. 4-5 wipes on trasher, 1 warlords at pull for AFK, 2 at styrak, made us lose the title for like 30 minutes... those many wipes in tfb and you still have like 45 mins left lol >.<.

i think its fine, keep it that way, i think theres a section where it says patch that happened and what got nerfed, if you want to see who killed before, just see dates i guess... as a guild that killed before first nerf, first nerf already was incredibly out of hand and easy in comparison.... this one is, well, you guys said it, i wont comment about it... reason why so many kills happened this week as well as title, then again, with NiM SaV being kind of challenging all around, also long operation of 7 bosses, i believe the nerf is fine so good guilds can progress in TFB get some gear and start working on harder things in SaV....

On a different note...SaV title run is super hard.. 4-5 wipes on trasher, 1 warlords at pull for AFK, 2 at styrak, made us lose the title for like 30 minutes... those many wipes in tfb and you still have like 45 mins left lol >.<.

Just wanted to say that the nerf to DG had nothing to do with our title. We've been 1 shotting DGs for a few weeks now, just finally had a run with no DCs/AFKs and no mistakes on later bosses. Last few weeks have been just minutes shy of the title.

But regardless, no real need to have a special section. I think everyone is aware of when the nerfs happened and who killed it prior to them.

Just wanted to say that the nerf to DG had nothing to do with our title. We've been 1 shotting DGs for a few weeks now, just finally had a run with no DCs/AFKs and no mistakes on later bosses. Last few weeks have been just minutes shy of the title.

But regardless, no real need to have a special section. I think everyone is aware of when the nerfs happened and who killed it prior to them.

what he said ^