Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Voting to kick is Crap

yokocastiel

was in a flashpoint and one the roll on a pair of purple pants well the group got pissed because of it and decided to kick me *** do they even have that option for thats retarded im so mad because i sit in thee dang que for almost and hour and a half and then this happens because people are cry babies when they lose a roll about retarded if u ask me. saying i dont need them because im level 55 well by that means i should go in and not roll on anything i guess do flashpoints for everyone so they can get rich and me just help outta the goodness of my heart bull freaking crap

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You one?

Don't type angry.

Were these purple pants for your Class and AC?

If not then you should not have rolled Need. If you did roll Need more than once on items that were not for your Class then it was a perfectly good reason to vote kick you. Sorry. Learn the social protocol before complaining about getting booted from a group.

:cool:

You one?

Don't type angry.

Were these purple pants for your Class and AC?

If not then you should not have rolled Need. If you did roll Need more than once on items that were not for your Class then it was a perfectly good reason to vote kick you. Sorry. Learn the social protocol before complaining about getting booted from a group.

^ This. Need rolling for something that is not your Class, AC, AND an upgrade over that current component you have is total grounds for kicking.

For your AC? I see no problem rolling on sentinel gear as a dps guardian (or vica versa), the shell is worthless, it is the mods inside that count and a dps guardian can use them as much as a sentinel. Edited by GuruVII

I'm going to guess they were not for your AC, that's the only reason I can see people all agreeing to kick you. I did lowbie flashpoints and there was a ninja looter in almost every group. My favorite was guy in lowbie Black Talon that needed and won on something that wasn't even his main stat. When i asked him why he said "why not" oh yeah, he got kicked.

What the... I don't even...

I think I was in a flashpoint with this guy or his twin this weekend. Many times. Many, many times. And many vote-kicks were initiated.

<3 vote-kick! :D

Edited by DarthTHC

For your AC? I see no problem rolling on sentinel gear as a dps guardian (or vica versa), the shell is worthless, it is the mods inside that count and a dps guardian can use them as much as a sentinel.

If there is a Sentinel in the group that Needs that item the Guardian should not Need roll for it unless he asks first, even though he can use it.

Now if the Guardian is the only DPS Strength user in the group then sure, fine, go ahead and roll Need.

Really, it's all about being a considerate player. Be respectful and consider how the other players in your group will feel about your actions. If you aren't you will likely get vote kicked.

Edited by Blackavaar

If there is a Sentinel in the group that Needs that item the Guardian should not Need roll for it unless he asks first, even though he can use it.

Now if the Guardian is the only DPS Strength user in the group then sure, fine, go ahead and roll Need.

Really, it's all about being a considerate player. Be respectful and consider how the other players in your group will feel about your actions. If you aren't you will likely get vote kicked.

Nope. A dps guardian has as much right to a piece of strength dps gear as does a sent. The mods are what counts, not the shell.

Nope. A dps guardian has as much right to a piece of strength dps gear as does a sent. The mods are what counts, not the shell.

Not in my groups and not in any of the Ops groups I run with.

The Guardian would be vote kicked for Needing without asking first if the Sentinel really Needed those mods.

Pretty much this. The armor requirements are at this point virtually irrelevant and may as well be removed from the game. Now if a Guardian tank rolled on high strength or Sentinel rolled on high end piece those would be issues.

Heavy Armor vs. Medium Armor aside, you mean...I hope

I doubt it, see above.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Heavy Armor vs. Medium Armor aside, you mean...I hope

A Guardian DPS needs the same stats as a Sentinel DPS and mods are rippable. Armor weight is irrelevant for anything with mods, but class and role matter.

I ALWAYS, even habitually, roll greed on FP drops. I have the creds and just like the action.

However, most of the FP group's tensions arise over one player ALWAYS rolling need.

When you start a pug, you know the makeup of the group. If you are running a Bounty Hunter

and there is a Sorc and a Jugg in the party, you should NOT be rolling "need" on a lightsaber.

Not for a friend, and not the GTN. It would be easy, in that instance, for that Sorc and that Jugg

to convince the Sniper to boot you. Also, if your toon is level 43 and the item is level 41 (and at

least 1 player is level 41 that can use the item, you should NOT be rolling "need." Nice that you

helped out ... but cya.

School's out for Summer (Alice Cooper) so expect many more shenanigans.

The role goes to whoever needs on it and usually when people need it it tends to usually go to the player with the same stats so if he got it out of the role the other guys had no right to blame him. What kind of idiot kicks someone out just because the other guy got the gear they wanted, that's like two guys about to grab the last donut, one guy gets it first, and the other guy punches him in the face as he starts eating it.

The role goes to whoever needs on it and usually when people need it it tends to usually go to the player with the same stats so if he got it out of the role the other guys had no right to blame him. What kind of idiot kicks someone out just because the other guy got the gear they wanted, that's like two guys about to grab the last donut, one guy gets it first, and the other guy punches him in the face as he starts eating it.

No, it's more like two guys reaching for the last doughnut, only one has the intention of actually eating it, while the other just wants to crush it and throw it in the trash.

If a drop in a Flashpoint or Op is not for your Class or AC, you should not be Need rolling on it. How hard is that to understand? You can't use it. The other guy can. Be courteous. Be polite. Be considerate of other people. And if you want it for your Companion at least freaking ask first.

Edited by Blackavaar

No, it's more like two guys reaching for the last doughnut, only one has the intention of actually eating it, while the other just wants to crush it and throw it in the trash.

If a drop in a Flashpoint or Op is not for your Class or AC, you should not be Need rolling on it. How hard is that to understand? You can't use it. The other guy can. Be courteous. Be polite. Be considerate of other people. And if you want it for your Companion at least freaking ask first.

^^ This. You won't even have to use Vote Kick if everyone is considerate of each other.

It's funny, the OP is exactly the sort of crap that I would expect to flood the forums if F2P players were allowed to post. Nonsensical, highly uneducated writing, complaining about something that should not be complained about in the first place, all by a terrible player in the first place.

O, before we all go a step further into the realm of rights and wrongs on vote to kick + looting, I would VERY much like to point out one thing.

The OP has not returned to this thread in over 5 hours.

Enough said.

x

Edited by chimex

I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt and that what he meant in his rambling was: He's 55 doing a level 50 HM flashpoint. A piece of gear for his class, and his spec dropped, and he rolled need on it. The group got pissy and vote kicked because he was in the Flashpoint as a 55, rolling on level 50 gear.

It's kind of crap, because I see a lot of 55s in 50 HMs, and they have just as much right to anyone else to get gear out of them for their spec and class. Just because I'm 50 and they're 55 shouldn't mean I should just be handed the gear by default. If they need it/want it, roll me for it. It's not like it will never drop again, or that the person that loses the roll will never upgrade that slot.

As to the OP, vote kicking for whatever reason happens, just move on, requeue, and if you have the opportunity, use the ignore function to make sure you don't end up in a Flashpoint with the others again.

O, before we all go a step further into the realm of rights and wrongs on vote to kick + looting, I would VERY much like to point out one thing.

The OP has not returned to this thread in over 5 hours.

Enough said.

x

^This also.

Incorrect according to this games "social rules"

If a marauder rolls need on heavy gear it can lead to group kick, I would not have any problem to either initate a group kick or agree to kick someone taking gear without asking that they can´t equip.

Edited by Icestar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.