Hannsolo

Hahnsolo

Handsolo

Honsolo

Haansolo

Solohan

Han-solo

And then Frank.

Kind of silly, but some people don't want to be unique, they enjoy being a copy of something else? *shrug*

I don't know why, but this just made me lol at work - now all of my coworkers are staring at me like I'm crazy.

I am trying to get to the bottom of the story. I hear some say you're not allowed to us lucas characters, and then I hear you can? I have my own names, but I am wondering because its either you can be Obi'won or you need to create your own name or use the name generator.

RP servers have no name enforcement besides the standard filter. So just like your name can't be a curse, it also can't be Obi'wan, Vader etc. If you want to mess with the name to beat the filter, it won't be changed. That said, most people on said RP server will not be amused.

"Yeah, I saw a fat avatar with the name Slim'Jim, you can guarantee I won't even party with him, much less RP with him. Basically, far as I'm concerned, he's not a person, he's just an @**h*** with some impressive mouse skills."

"Now, if you want to be silly on a PVE server, that's cool. If I were on one, and I saw that, I'd shrug and shake my head, but I wouldn't care. However, if you're going to be on an RP server, at least have the decency to lay low if you aren't an RPer. Make a real RP name, have a little to say about your character, and don't RP if you don't want. The point is, keep the ambiance. It's not like it wasn't clear that you were on an RP server, you could at least respect the community."

"On a PVE or PVP server you don't have to worry about any of that, so why come over to the RP server and mess with the immersion?"

"Notably, this is directed at anyone, not the OP. However, if you're considering being 'Hannsolow', stay on an PVE server and giggle to your hearts content. I don't think it's amusing, but I honestly couldn't care less what you do there."

Have to agree with the above. If you want to have a silly name on a PVE or PVP server... go for it. If you do it and roll on a RP server however don't expect to be loved. Most of the folks who roll on RP servers tend to look down severely on stupid names, which means you might have a harder time getting help, or even grouping.

I just need to point out something.... Obi-Wan.... that is all...

You're right, but its been awhile since I read his name in a book. I always forget the spelling. I just am wondering because I see so many players with lucas characters running around, known Sith Lord names. Its just to bad a Lucas name policy isn't enforced.

Edited by Camthylion

"Yeah, I saw a fat avatar with the name Slim'Jim, you can guarantee I won't even party with him, much less RP with him. Basically, far as I'm concerned, he's not a person, he's just an @**h*** with some impressive mouse skills."

"Now, if you want to be silly on a PVE server, that's cool. If I were on one, and I saw that, I'd shrug and shake my head, but I wouldn't care. However, if you're going to be on an RP server, at least have the decency to lay low if you aren't an RPer. Make a real RP name, have a little to say about your character, and don't RP if you don't want. The point is, keep the ambiance. It's not like it wasn't clear that you were on an RP server, you could at least respect the community."

"On a PVE or PVP server you don't have to worry about any of that, so why come over to the RP server and mess with the immersion?"

"Notably, this is directed at anyone, not the OP. However, if you're considering being 'Hannsolow', stay on an PVE server and giggle to your hearts content. I don't think it's amusing, but I honestly couldn't care less what you do there."

Wow, who punched you in the junk?

You are absolutely right. I am sorry TC. I have been dealing with 6 different Bobbbafeezztz on Ebon Hawke and just was in a poor mood on the topic.

I understand that. On RP servers, in my opinion, Bioware should enforce their rules (which I found were well written and clear). I hope players on RP servers will report or find a solution.

Ironically, on the PVP server Veela (Full), people have good names up to now.