Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1 Day Cartel Item is a TITLE >.>

WillHolmes

I'm thrilled about this title. But I'm a huge Revan fan.

I've got the whole armor set and HK in game and have had to live with the "Revanite" title on my Empire side, but "Revan's Heir" (in my opinion) sounds way better.

Cant wait! :jawa_biggrin:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, Heir can mean other things than a "biological relative".

Otherwise, I have no idea what this is about, I did not get my subscriber appreciation yet... I assumed this has something to do with the KOTOR anniversary, not with the promised subscriber appreciation...

This really does make me sad like they gave me CC's and i was like meh ok then they were look O BUT SOMETHING IS COMING, so kinda got me exctied again. and then BOOM its a lazy VERY VERY VERY unsuitable title, what was Revan now the biggest **** of The Old Republic or something and had a 1000 kids.

Revan's Bastard sorry i meant Heir...me bad

Edited by Phenyr

I will say I'm pretty confused as to why Eric even mentioned the title (even if it was just tossing hints about saving 10 coins, etc.) at all on the Subscriber Appreciation topic - it unnecessarily raised some people's expectations and the title itself is neither subscriber-exclusive or that big a deal...would have been better off announcing it separately.

+1 100% agree.

Bioware hyped up subscriber benefits for a good while, and it was long suspected (especially hyped today) that there would be a special 10 CC item in the store.

We got 500 CC and a title.

Now, don't get me wrong here... these are nice rewards, but I think people expected far too much. Whether you can say it's Bioware's fault for trying to create excitement over these two announcements or not, they certainly don't deliver on the epic scale people expected.

Something for the team to consider in the future is just how much more effective/less ticked off people might have been if this came out by a "pleasant surprise". The whole thing got so hyped that people were expecting a extraordinarily special/unique reward rather than just a reward. If this had simply came to be people would have thought it was a great gesture by Bioware instead of being dissapointed after waiting so long.

You know, Heir can mean other things than a "biological relative".

Otherwise, I have no idea what this is about, I did not get my subscriber appreciation yet... I assumed this has something to do with the KOTOR anniversary, not with the promised subscriber appreciation...

As you say it can mean other things. But still, wouldn't everything of been passed to Satele anyway?

The OP has a right to feel the reward could have been better, without being bashed. Not everyone likes it, I think it alright but it would have been nice if they done something special for the sub that took some effort. Not that I don’t appreciated being able to buy something with the free CC.

The title is nice for the KOTOR anniversary but we still have to buy it. As other said it doesn’t have anything to do with appreciation toward sub player. It would have been cooler if sub had been given it free, instead of having to spend our gift to get it but at least it cheap. I didn’t expect anything grand and it better than nothing.

I still think it would be nice if they added a reward program like many other game have, for players that do continue to sub. This would actual show appreciation for their continue support. :D

As you say it can mean other things. But still, wouldn't everything of been passed to Satele anyway?

I was not speaking about any worldly possessions or anything like that. To me, a Heir can mean just someone who decided to take on the ideals or methods of that person.

However, it can be entirely possible to be somehow distantly related to Revan. Son of Revan and Bastilla (Vaner Shan) ran for Supreme Chancellor, and he had at least 2 children, who presumably grew up, had their own children, and so on for next 300 years (that is more than 10 generations). So while that blood would be extremely diluted, it is possible.

Satele also probably has very little of Revan's blood

I was not speaking about any worldly possessions or anything like that. To me, a Heir can mean just someone who decided to take on the ideals or methods of that person.

However, it can be entirely possible to be somehow distantly related to Revan. Son of Revan and Bastilla (Vaner Shan) ran for Supreme Chancellor, and he had at least 2 children, who presumably grew up, had their own children, and so on for next 300 years (that is more than 10 generations). So while that blood would be extremely diluted, it is possible.

Satele also probably has very little of Revan's blood

slowly leaning towards a straw man fallacy careful !!! but I hear ya

Extra 500 CC coins as a reward for subscribers: Weak

Revan's Heir title: Incredibly lame

Sadly, this is about the level of reward I was expecting. Nice to know that when your expectations hit rock bottom, they can easily be met by EAware.

"•A brand new title “Revan’s Heir” coming to the Cartel Market for only 24 hours at the low price of 10 Cartel Coins! (July 15 2AM CT to July 16 2AM CT)"
Mesa thinks you misunderstand how many generations can pass in THREE CENTURIES or more. Also how many children is normal for a family... more than what the lame stream media claims it is. So by this time there'd be a lot more than a thousand or some 'heirs' of Revan's blood.

Mesa thinks you misunderstand how many generations can pass in THREE CENTURIES or more. Also how many children is normal for a family... more than what the lame stream media claims it is. So by this time there'd be a lot more than a thousand or some 'heirs' of Revan's blood.

An heir doesn't necessarily mean a blood relative. You can be someone's heir by carrying on their legacy.

Well to start i was already dissapointed when i found out all we got today was CC sure its something but was looking forward to something new an exclusive that i could go "hey look what i got" but anyone can do that with CC not very "subscriber" oriented.

Well, there was mistake # 1. No one cares what stuff other people have. That's just a figment of the imagination, lol.

If you don't like the title don't buy it however I wager the whiners will buy it.

The CCs are simple as discussed in other threads. If you give another pet some wont like it, a speeder samething. Giving CCs allows people to buy or unlock what they want. It's the easiest way to appease a majority. The others who expected more or were all hyped much like the media does, people on the forums did the same they started wishing for wild **** when really reality says that wasnt gonna happen.

And op you voiced your opinion in a negative tone to let BW and other players know you are disappointed or pissed w/e. that frames the responses you get take out the bitterness and responses might be different. All and all it's a free gift how people can ***** about it just reflects the mentality of society today. I really don't care personally, it's minor and I didn't have expectations I was getting a DeathStar. Additional CC is nice I can use it on whatever I need and it seems most in game are fine with it.

Thank you Eric for responding to threads on a holiday weekend for most and BW for the CCs.

*edit* --- What would have been cool

- Portable GTN (every 2 hours) -- to be realistic

- 6 hours off fleet pass (permanent)

- subscriber only dye (white purple)

- ect ect

There would be incessant complaining about "why these items, why not <insert item here>?"

The title may only be 10cc.. but there will be a truck-ton of CC spent on it.......because speculators will buy, hold, and resell later for big credits.....to the self-entitled who missed getting the title I the first place. It's a genius move IMO.

Edited by Andryah

There would be incessant complaining about "why these items, why not <insert item here>?"

The title may only be 10cc.. but there will be a truck-ton of CC spent on it.......because speculators will buy, hold, and resell later for big credits.....to the self-entitled who missed getting the title I the first place. It's a genius move IMO.

It is gonna suck that these don't stack.

This.

If it were just a title, I wouldn't mind. Something for the title collectors. But throwing "Revan" in made me LOL.

I said in another post somewhere that I wish they would stop milking this guy, as much as I love the character.

Well it is KOTOR themed... so the title fits I guess. lol

I'm so freaking excited. My male Sorc who is wearing the Revan chest and leggings and completely ate up the DK Revaninte quests is slapping this title on the second this thing goes live.

I didn't read the rest of this thread, I just wanted to tell everyone that.

A title is kinda disappointing. I don't see any reason to get excited about a title. HOWEVER, I am excited for the upcoming developer blog that talks about KOTOR and how it influenced TOR. That's definitely going to be enjoyable, AND it's free.

A title is kinda disappointing. I don't see any reason to get excited about a title. HOWEVER, I am excited for the upcoming developer blog that talks about KOTOR and how it influenced TOR. That's definitely going to be enjoyable, AND it's free.

Well, personally, I never get invested in MMO "appreciation" or "celebration" or "exclusive" virtual items. All they are is virtual chew toys for virtual Chihuahua's IMO. :)

But lets look at this one a little closer for it's socio-emotional value. This is old era Star Wars timeline.... and an offshoot of KOTOR of sorts. There are a lot of fans who would eat a bantha-turd as long as it's got Revan's name stamped into it. :p

Definitely Buy and hold some of these babies for later. Because there will be recurring crops of Revan lovers continuing to enter the game population and when they see the title they will be spamming up the general chat channels demanding to know how to get it. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.