To avoid a bad launch they cause a bad launch

darthbored

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though launch isnt till the 20th this has not been a good experience - they should be communicating with us more about what is happening and instead they have a load of angry rants in various different threads.

Lets just hope it gets better from here :)

it's bad because this is probably the worst way to launch any game, let alone an MMO where you're at an increasing disadvantage the longer you wait. Reward players who have the most money and luck and **** on people who had to wait a couple of weeks or had their codes lost by incompetent retailers.. or both.

What "disadvantage" would that be?

1) It cost $5 to pre-order, so nobody was at a financial disadvantage

2) Luck? There was no luck ... pre-order earlier, get more ealy access ... it's a fairly simple concept really. There is NO luck involved.

3) incompetent retailers is not EA/BW's problem ... If tried to pre-order from Gamestop and they didn't have a preorder code for me right that minute, I'd have pre-ordered from a different retailer

Your nice three points? Completely overruled by your signature.

Put yourself in the shoes of someone who hasn't received a key today.

Classy. If you were one of the unfortunate people to be screwed over I'm sure you'd have a different view on things.

How exactly were you "screwed over" ... did you pre-order in the first few hours pre-orders were available or despite them saying "first come, first in" you still dragged your feet and pre-order later and now only realize they were serious about "first come, first in"

1) It cost $5 to pre-order, so nobody was at a financial disadvantage

Actually Origin took the full amount out then refunded it minus -£5.

So yes, you actually had to have the full amount in before you could preorder which counts as a financial disadvantage.

Hah, wow's launch was like

1) insane lag if you could log in

2) servers crashing every hour

3) so many people in level 1-5 areas that you couldn't get any quests done

4) crazy server imbalances (some empty, some insanely overcrowded)

I, for one, am happy of the gradual launch they are doing. It actually cracks me up all the new generation mmoers pooping in their pants because they can't play the first day of EARLY access.

If you couldn't play on the 20th I would understand.

Also, so many people whining about not being able to play during school/work hours... get a job, or a life or something haha.

Classy. If you were one of the unfortunate people to be screwed over I'm sure you'd have a different view on things.

i will be on the last wave (October) and i share his view. People are baby and they don't see the obvious : a mmo it's months of gaming, 3-4 days dont matter.

When exactly did you pre-order? If it was on the 21st and you can prove it, then my sympathies

If it wasn't then ... umm, you ignored the whole concept of "pre-order earlier, get more early access" they preached from the begining

rift didn't have a great launch. Overcrowded zone, spike lag. The first rift were horrible "what there's 250 player on the same spot greeeat"

Rift was smooth for letting everyone in.

Of course people were getting their accounts hacked by people not needing either their account name or password.

Hah, wow's launch was like

1) insane lag if you could log in

2) servers crashing every hour

3) so many people in level 1-5 areas that you couldn't get any quests done

4) crazy server imbalances (some empty, some insanely overcrowded)

I, for one, am happy of the gradual launch they are doing. It actually cracks me up all the new generation mmoers pooping in their pants because they can't play the first day of EARLY access.

If you couldn't play on the 20th I would understand.

Also, so many people whining about not being able to play during school/work hours... get a job, or a life or something haha.

/thread

Edited by ethanfel

Put yourself in the shoes of someone who saw on pretty much every game news outlet July 21st that Pre-orders were beginning, understood the concept of "SUPPLIES LIMITED" went and ordered the game vs people who waited until the last minute.

Sorry- your fault now BW's.

i will be on the last wave (October) and i share his view. People are baby and they don't see the obvious : a mmo it's months of gaming, 3-4 days dont matter.

on a pvp server is does. Getting your name matters. Geting established matters and most fun of all server launch day. They took that away and really sucks.

Actually Origin took the full amount out then refunded it minus -£5.

So yes, you actually had to have the full amount in before you could preorder which counts as a financial disadvantage.

I ordered from Origin

What they did was like any other online pre-order using a credit card ... pre-authorized the entire amount and charged $5. How long it takes to get back the pre-auth funds is based on your credit card company.

And if you don't have a credit card with the available balance, you walk into Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart and preorder with a $5 dollar bill ... so no, no financial disadvantage