Europe to North America Server Transfer

durathor

When I started playing SWTOR, I was living in Europe, which meant I was playing on a European server. A year ago I permanently move to the United States. Ever since I've been trying to solve this issue I'm facing; transferring my characters to a North American servrer. I just got off the phone with customer support and they say there is nothing they can do right now. My question is; will that option ever be available? If not, then why wait? I'll just create a new character and stop playing with the character I created during open beta. So, please, if any developer can respond to this question, that'll be great. Will there be any character transfers available from Europe to North America?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same boat. Live in NA now, and would love to xfer all my hard working toons to my new server.

People are willing to do this for some coin, I don't see the problem. We don't mind if it takes 48+ to do a transfer, it will be well worth it in the end for us.

I'll be in a similar situation soon. I'm moving to Canada beginning of next year and it'll be hard for me to do anything then with 6-7 hours time difference to most of Europe.

For people like me it would be ideal if they boil everything down to 4 server types: PvP, PvE, PvP-RP and PvE-RP and get rid of the regions altogether. That way I could make new friends in my new time zone but still stay in touch with the people I got to know and do stuff with them on the weekend. Don't know, this whole region thing feels kinda antiquated these days, we live in a global world after all, the Internet and so on... :rolleyes:

Anyway, guess that's not gonna happen...

No idea what the problem could be, they have already done Character Transfers/Server Merges in the past. I suppose it could be a cost issue having someone manually move across data files for each request. Other MMO's have managed to implement automated/partially automated systems for this several years ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It has been over a year since transfers have been allowed. Don't see why we can't get American to Europe and vise-verse. I doubt it will destroy your communities on these servers when the characters I transfer will be absorbed into my legacy. Plus you said you can do it. Why are we still waiting?

No no no! none of you can have this option. Stop asking for upgrades to this system, it is clearly a very advanced and user friendly system they use, which is why we cannot make payments using any Credit Card or make simple transfers across the pond, which would literally mean code being sent a much greater distance across a cable which they would have to pay for and install.

It's ludicrous to think that this technology is within our limited grasp. You must wait another century at least.

Edited by Mortelus

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It has been a year now since this thread has been started and it isn't even the only thread about this topic. It is just the lasted of the ones the forum search came up with.

So I thought it might be good to ask about it again. Maybe a Dev could give this thread a late birthday present and give it an answer?

I'm actually in the situation that I started on a US-Server when this game came out to play with friends from USA and EU. However I'm left alone now and even if I found a new guild it doesn't help me much. There is nobody left who is playing in my time zone and finding people who regularly play in that timezone is quite hard. So I would really welcome a cross continent transfer. Any chance we will ever get it? You see that the demand for it is there when you start a forum search and people are actually willing to pay for it.

They said that cross region character transfers won't happen for business/legal reasons, not technical reasons. I'm curious what those reasons are.

Right now we can create characters from scratch in any region but we aren't allowed to transfer existing characters across regions. I'm curious to know why this distinction matters here.

Blizzard also doesn't allow EU <-> NA transfers probably for legal reasons related to how Blizzard EU and Blizzard NA are separate entities. GW2 however does allow EU <-> NA transfers.

I know that the TOU and EULAs can be different for each region but it can't be that hard to have a user click "OK" to new terms after a char xfer.

Edited by Projawa