Lol Looks like devs got early start on the weekend.

ZionHalcyon

I understand why some people are upset. they were planning on getting an email that didn't come and all that.

the possibility that the contents of that email are the sort of thing one looks forward to is pretty slim. their history of treating subscribers well is rather dismal. whether we're disappointed today or next week, it's still disappointment. it's not like they're delaying the release of 2 new flashpoints the day before a holiday weekend. that would suck.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand why some people are upset. they were planning on getting an email that didn't come and all that.

the possibility that the contents of that email are the sort of thing one looks forward to is pretty slim. their history of treating subscribers well is rather dismal. whether we're disappointed today or next week, it's still disappointment. it's not like they're delaying the release of 2 new flashpoints the day before a holiday weekend. that would suck.

No one is upset...yet.

Whats happening is made a thread as a "friendly reminder" to the dev team in terms of the expectations they themselves made happen with their latest livechat. They work hard to manage our expectations, I thought it only fair to do the same.

Some however have over-reacted to this as some sort of dev flamefest, even though it wasn't. Apparently accountability doesn't agree with some people.

Awaiting Double XP to be permanent for Subscribers at legacy lvl50.

Been legacy lvl50 for a year with nothing to show for it. WIth 8+ lvl50s it's painful to birth a new toon without dat XP boost :D

Ya'll should hook us up with this going forward!

Been legacy lvl50 for a year with nothing to show for it. WIth 8+ lvl50s it's painful to birth a new toon without dat XP boost :D

I thought about that.

Permanent Double XP for subs, and then perhaps triple on double xp weekends - That actually would be one hell of a reward....

I doubt they will ever give anything to legacy level 50. If they are, they will most likely put it on the cartel market for sale as well. Look at Ewok, it was there for legacy level 40... but guess what, Bioware wants money so here you go, Ewok on the Cartel Market.

I want at some point, Bioware will truly appreciate its subscriber base and those people who actually spent time to level their legacy level

You folks waiting for this theoretically fabulous email remind me of a simpler time. A time when I was anxiously waiting by the mailbox for that glorious little brown box containing a figure of some mysterious guy named Boba Fett (this was long before ESB came out). So many Kenner proof of purchases... 4-8wks seemed like an eternity.

I bet waiting for this email feels the same way. I envy you.

Actually, no I don't. I got my Boba Fett figure and his head was snapped off. It was a huge disappointment. If it wasn't for my brilliant dad fixing it with good old fashioned ingenuity, I would have been able to recreate the lame ending to Jango Fett's life over twenty years before it was on the big screen.

You folks waiting for this theoretically fabulous email remind me of a simpler time. A time when I was anxiously waiting by the mailbox for that glorious little brown box containing a figure of some mysterious guy named Boba Fett (this was long before ESB came out). So many Kenner proof of purchases... 4-8wks seemed like an eternity.

Actually, no I don't. I got my Boba Fett figure and his head was snapped off. It was a huge disappointment. If it wasn't for my brilliant dad fixing it with good old fashioned ingenuity, I would have been able to recreate the lame ending to Jango Fett's life over twenty years before it was on the big screen.

And this is why you aren't allowed to play with nice things....:D

i bet that's what's in the email. bubba fett with no head. the lore people will be really mad. the CM fans will get all upset there is no mask as part of the collections set. that's why there is a delay too, eric doesn't want to ruin his holiday with all the 'where's the head' QQ he's going to have to put up with.

So you mean to tell me then that you guys will actually generate emails for this possibly this friday? Or over the weekend?

Because I got news for ya, if it hits Monday and they still aren't out - you've officially missed your window for "Around the 4th of July" ;)

At least as far as most players are likely concerned, I'd wager.

Technically speaking, "around the 4th of July 2013" would constitute any day in the year that is not July 4th.

So you mean to tell me then that you guys will actually generate emails for this possibly this friday? Or over the weekend?

Because I got news for ya, if it hits Monday and they still aren't out - you've officially missed your window for "Around the 4th of July" ;)

If I was a Dev, I'd personally make sure you didn't get an email until September.

"Your mouth makes sass, your booty is grass!"

-Anonymous Sith

somewhere around 4th July... 2015... maybe :p

If I was a Dev, I'd personally make sure you didn't get an email until September.

"Your mouth makes sass, your booty is grass!"

-Anonymous Sith

You're that vindictive that you'd actually do that huh? Because he's asking about something he was told he'd receive "around" this time, you would single him out for 'punishment'? If I was a Dev, I'd deliver on what I promised and get my work done as close to "on time" as I could...and not get caught up in petty crap like this.

You're that vindictive that you'd actually do that huh? Because he's asking about something he was told he'd receive "around" this time, you would single him out for 'punishment'? If I was a Dev, I'd deliver on what I promised and get my work done as close to "on time" as I could...and not get caught up in petty crap like this.

Yeah, at first. Then as time goes on and the community keeps eroding at your sanity and self worth with their constant cries of "Are you done yet?", "Why isn't this here now?" and "Is it finished?", you too will become a very vindictive and angry.

Game development is like the real life version of being a Jedi. Everyone wants a piece of you until you inevitably fall.

I doubt they will ever give anything to legacy level 50. If they are, they will most likely put it on the cartel market for sale as well. Look at Ewok, it was there for legacy level 40... but guess what, Bioware wants money so here you go, Ewok on the Cartel Market.

I want at some point, Bioware will truly appreciate its subscriber base and those people who actually spent time to level their legacy level

One day they will. After we are all gone.

People will complain about anything and to have the entitlement to think they can "enforce" accountability. This is exactly why they dont release info ahead of time. If they are off on a date or vague or something goes wrong someone complains.

Happy 4th to the SWTOR Team and Staff we appreciate the game you have put forth for use to play and enjoy on the 4th while we dont have to go to work!.

Don't have to work on the 4th. I haven't had a 4th of July off in nearly 20 years.

Agreed. And can we also stop with this stupid, idiotic notion that just because I am reminding the dev team about what they said and asking for accountability to be in mind with regards to this, that this somehow means I don't appreciate all the work they have done and don't enjoy the game?

I mean seriously, you'd have to have a neandrathal intellect to try to paint such things in extreme black and white.

I tried going back through the Dev tracker a bit and didn't see anything.....what is it they supposedly promised or alluded too or whatever it is that they did?

Edit: fixed for my apparent poor spelling today.

Edited by Hyfy

I tried going back through the Dev tracker a bit and didn't see anything.....what is it the supposedly promised or alluded too or whatever it is that they did?

Yea I don't remember this either. I remember them saying something about there being something coming up for subscribers, but I don't remember anything about July 4th.

Eric did say that they weren't planning on doing an in game ONLY option with the fur-ball, that they were going to do both from the on set. That was the impression I got from it anyways.

Edited by Hyfy

I really wish BioWare would stop announcing things ahead of time. I really wish there was less communication, for this exact reason. I wish I could use the community forums for a game I love without being convinced that the majority of the player base is trash.

Anyone who is legitimately upset about this is a piece of **** who seriously needs to get their priorities in order.

I really wish BioWare would stop announcing things ahead of time.

/Agree with you on this.

Surprises should be unanticipated. That's what makes them surprises.

Besides..... Bioware is much better at surprising the players (evidence: the Collections System) then informing the players. Go with your strength IMO. :D

Edited by Andryah

/Agree with you on this.

Surprises should be unanticipated. That's what makes them surprises.

Besides..... Bioware is much better at surprising the players (evidence: the Collections System) then informing the players. Go with your strength IMO. :D

The same collection system that doesn't work as they described it in interviews? After all, according to thier interviews, you only need Revan's mask to get Revan's mask on all your characters.

So, I guess the surprise with the collections system, is that they don't know how it works?

It was announced in a Q&A a few weeks back now

Q: What are you plans to make subscribers feel like valued customers?

A: We have heard this a lot, especially with patch 2.1. Subscribers are super important to us – a lot of you didn’t think so with patch 2.1. We are making efforts to make subscribers feel valued. In July, around weekend of July 4th, you will see subscriber only benefits. Near the end of July, we are going to do a similar thing.

Ahah I cant take this anymore I just want to find out what it is :p

Edited by Fuzion_Fire