Largest Cartel Market weapons sale of the year is now live! Check it out before August 27! ×

Ability failing yet still applying the GCD bug Bumping daily Devs acknowledge plz

OcTwenty

Whatever it is, it can be fixed because the default hero engine doesnt have the problem. This means it can be fixed. The problem is having the commitment and resources to do it.

I dont mind if it takes them one more year to fix it. I just want them to come out and tell us that they are aware of it and are doing something. Or if not, just say you arent cause you dont have the resources.

I doubt they would say they aren't, for the fear of possibly losing more players that are holding on to the glimmer of hope that it will be fixed. I am afraid that no news (in this case) is most likely bad news.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt they would say they aren't, for the fear of possibly losing more players that are holding on to the glimmer of hope that it will be fixed. I am afraid that no news (in this case) is most likely bad news.

Theres more interpretation that can be done.

Since threads that arents bugs are not closed in the big forum, it would mean that at least they recognise that this issue exists. It is indeed a more complex matter to them, and one they feel they are not prepared to talk to us about. But, as we have said, with arenas coming out this issue will escalate again. Silence is never the answer. Any good PR should have learned that in university, but not all of them like to do the right thing.

Silence only leads to people yelling louder cause they think they arent beeing heard. The louder they yell, the more the issue escalated to outside medium and damages the game's reputation.

Edited by Nemmar

Don't worry guys since BW won't address or fix this issue I did some research and found out that in Wildstar this issue doesn't exist. So we all can move to Wildstar for a pleasant gaming experience.

Was already going to to try it for housing alone.

I would really like this fixed. It's fracking Star Wars. My favorite IP. BW is really doing a disservice to its fans here. Not saying anything really says a lot.

Was already going to to try it for housing alone.

I would really like this fixed. It's fracking Star Wars. My favorite IP. BW is really doing a disservice to its fans here. Not saying anything really says a lot.

yup I got tired of the failure to communicate or to fix glaring gamebreaking issues. Its not like this psuedo GCD problem is anything new. I'm tired of their vague generalized comments such as 'we are aware of this issue' or 'we will optimize the engine at a future date' they never give the date they never give a straight answer and when they do try to fix something in game they break 100 other things that take them multiple patches to fix. This is like the main reason I'm switching to Wildstar at least there the devs are up front and transparent about everything.

This is like the main reason I'm switching to Wildstar at least there the devs are up front and transparent about everything.

Like, 3 months into Wildstar, you'll be, like, "WTH, devs?. They did this way better in SWTOR."

"The grass is always greener" types are never satisfied. Remember, for that type of person, the definition of "worst MMO ever" is "the one I am currently playing."

Like, 3 months into Wildstar, you'll be, like, "WTH, devs?. They did this way better in SWTOR."

"The grass is always greener" types are never satisfied. Remember, for that type of person, the definition of "worst MMO ever" is "the one I am currently playing."

hah. Ive been playing this game since beta and there are still issues that were found during beta that havent been addressed or fixed. The psuedo GCD issue isnt something that is new its been around for far too long. So yeah I'm moving on to a game that doesn't have that issue.

hah. Ive been playing this game since beta and there are still issues that were found during beta that havent been addressed or fixed. The psuedo GCD issue isnt something that is new its been around for far too long. So yeah I'm moving on to a game that doesn't have that issue.

Yes, you will be moving on to a game that has all new issues.

Good luck with those rose -tinted goggles you have. If only you could read the wildstar closed beta forums your opinion might be a little more real vs "The grass is always green on the other side" mentality you currently seem to have.

I believe that GCD bug does not apply to everyone. Saw few videos online of people hitting dummies for a long time and it all appeared very smooth. Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAkWni2ZhN8

Just watch it and see if the guy is getting double cooldowns.

Could be a server issue? PC hardware?

It appears that there are players who indeed are not experiencing this issue and it does not exist for them. Meaning, good lot of players is gaining unfair advantage when it comes to PvP or raiding. And we don't even know how to fix it so we can compete with them!

If they cannot fix it, they should at least provide us with troubleshooting, list conflicting hardware pieces (if that's the issue) or whatever.

I don't think it's internet provider stuff because I know people who have really fast internetz and are still getting it. Myself included with 60 mb and around 20 latency as I live right beside the server.

Instead of stupid thread bumps, let's figure out what might cause the issue!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

On my guardian, I just consider the missed GCD animation to be a wind up swing for the real swing that will take place next GCD.

However, I reduced my action queue from .5 to .25 and it did help the misfires somewhat. They still happen, but are far less frequent.

I believe that GCD bug does not apply to everyone. Saw few videos online of people hitting dummies for a long time and it all appeared very smooth. Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAkWni2ZhN8

Just watch it and see if the guy is getting double cooldowns.

Could be a server issue? PC hardware?

It appears that there are players who indeed are not experiencing this issue and it does not exist for them. Meaning, good lot of players is gaining unfair advantage when it comes to PvP or raiding. And we don't even know how to fix it so we can compete with them!

If they cannot fix it, they should at least provide us with troubleshooting, list conflicting hardware pieces (if that's the issue) or whatever.

I don't think it's internet provider stuff because I know people who have really fast internetz and are still getting it. Myself included with 60 mb and around 20 latency as I live right beside the server.

Instead of stupid thread bumps, let's figure out what might cause the issue!

Very true.

For me when using combat skills, it's always a hit or miss thing. Sometimes it happens but most of the time it does not. It's not been entirely terrible except in NM content.

However, I can repeatedly produce the bug when using something simple like the gold eyes buff toy. Click it and nothing happens but a used GCD. I have to click it again to make it work using another GCD.

It's very odd.

in your vid the guy does get a couple GCDs. You can see the activation and GCD go but he doesnt swing or do an action that registers dmg. It affects everyone. People on the best machines with the best connections. And yes Im moving to a game that will have all new issues, but I already know that psuedo GCD isnt one of them so I am looking forward to the game. There is nothing more annoying that doing your rotation and suddenly you are sitting there doing the UL animation but not actually doing any dmg or trying to use an instant that never fires as you wait for the GCD to reset. Enough is enough BW knew about this issue in beta and its still around. They have had 2 years to fix it...2 friggin years! that is ridiculous.

in your vid the guy does get a couple GCDs. You can see the activation and GCD go but he doesnt swing or do an action that registers dmg. It affects everyone. People on the best machines with the best connections. And yes Im moving to a game that will have all new issues, but I already know that psuedo GCD isnt one of them so I am looking forward to the game. There is nothing more annoying that doing your rotation and suddenly you are sitting there doing the UL animation but not actually doing any dmg or trying to use an instant that never fires as you wait for the GCD to reset. Enough is enough BW knew about this issue in beta and its still around. They have had 2 years to fix it...2 friggin years! that is ridiculous.

On that note then I can't wait for you to get into wildstar beta or the actual game when it comes out (and yes I understand it's a beta right now) so you can see it's issues, cause the new problems you're going to have to deal with are not so amazingly fun. Also, launch day and the inherent problems that brings IF the game is ready.

Time will tell if 2 years down the road wildstar fixes their problems but what I know of game developers is that Wow doesn't fix all their problems, SWTOR doesn't and you can bet, Wildstar will not either. To what degree things are left remains to be seen.

Edited by Quraswren

However, I can repeatedly produce the bug when using something simple like the gold eyes buff toy. Click it and nothing happens but a used GCD. I have to click it again to make it work using another GCD.

It's very odd.

Glad another forum poster noticed that!

Ability delay didn't happen till one of the last beta cycles where they condensed the install. The download size was cut in half. The game has to continue to unzip textures and sound files. I think this is at the center of the problem. But I'm just at arm chairing so yeah take it with a grain of salt.

Ability delay didn't happen till one of the last beta cycles where they condensed the install. The download size was cut in half. The game has to continue to unzip textures and sound files. I think this is at the center of the problem. But I'm just at arm chairing so yeah take it with a grain of salt.

People confuse the ability delay with the ability failure/ghost GCD bug.

The ability delay was when you casted something, the cast bar ended, you proceeded to the next action and your previous cast would be canceled. Notice this doesnt happen anymore. Easiest way to see is when you summon your mount. Nowadays if you start moving after the casting bar fills your cast isnt interrupted. Your character just get real stiff and hovers really fast until the mount loads. In the past your cast would be canceled and you would be unmounted.

Ability failure/ghost cooldown is when you are spamming a skill when you are comming out of a global cooldown and the skill doesnt fire but you are put into a new global cooldown.

Edited by Nemmar

On that note then I can't wait for you to get into wildstar beta or the actual game when it comes out (and yes I understand it's a beta right now) so you can see it's issues, cause the new problems you're going to have to deal with are not so amazingly fun. Also, launch day and the inherent problems that brings IF the game is ready.

Time will tell if 2 years down the road wildstar fixes their problems but what I know of game developers is that Wow doesn't fix all their problems, SWTOR doesn't and you can bet, Wildstar will not either. To what degree things are left remains to be seen.

It's okay because there have definitely not been issues with psuedo GCDs and ability fails in Wildstar. That right there makes up for everything because psuedo GCD is a gamebreaker.

I think the issue this threat title is referring to sometimes gets mixed up with 2 other issues, but they all could be related as they all seem to be the client spazing out when given ability queues its not ready for:

Attack whiffing: the attack has a wind up animation and sound fx, but sometimes it fails to trigger the actual damage component, can be observed with force scream, vicious slash and the republic mirrior's of those abilities.

False cast bar: An abilitiy plays its animation and displays the cast/channel bar but no damage or healing is applied, but no cooldown is triggered either, the most obvious example of this is ravage. This issue is not detrimental for those who know what it looks like, but its fricken annoying and confuses the hell out of me.

Edited by Marb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.