Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

excuses excuses

SpuaFlex

You mean when they're f2p as well and conveniently can't trade it back to you?

That would suck bad, since the amount of useful drops are pretty rare on hardmode (lvl 55) Flashpoints.

Ah well a reason to vote-kick them I guess...

anyone else deal with running a good 55 fp, and something great drops for your character, and some other person 'needs' on it, claiming ' it was an accident?

This is a reason why I am guild only: heck you could make a song "99 problems but a PUG ain't one!"

My 2013 resolution was to never PUG again. And I've got to say, I'm enjoying it so far:)

would be nice to find an actual active fp guild. not that,"we are a friendly, active pvp/pve guild that likes to have fun" mess. the majority of that statement should be obvious. what else would you do but pve/pvp? claims active, when each day barely 5 people log on. and 'likes to have fun', its a game, why would you play if u werent having fun? pugging is easier at times. anyone know of any grand guilds on prophecy of the five server?

anyone else deal with running a good 55 fp, and something great drops for your character, and some other person 'needs' on it, claiming ' it was an accident?

You really expect someone else to pay attention to what's "great for your character"??

I feel the same way when I'm wailing on a gold boss so I can get the prize he's guarding and someone else sneaks in behind me and grabs it. But when I complain I'm told to get a life and them's the breaks. He may be a jerk, but there's no rule that says he can't do that.

So...same rule applies. There may be some conventional wisdom about what ought to happen, but there's no hard and fast rule that says you have to follow it. If I say "greed" and it's for my companion, it's only because I think my companion is more important than you are. Get a life and them's the breaks.

You really expect someone else to pay attention to what's "great for your character"??

I feel the same way when I'm wailing on a gold boss so I can get the prize he's guarding and someone else sneaks in behind me and grabs it. But when I complain I'm told to get a life and them's the breaks. He may be a jerk, but there's no rule that says he can't do that.

So...same rule applies. There may be some conventional wisdom about what ought to happen, but there's no hard and fast rule that says you have to follow it. If I say "greed" and it's for my companion, it's only because I think my companion is more important than you are. Get a life and them's the breaks.

Classic douche bag response and running 55 HFP for an item drop is nothing like a fracking chest in the open world. And it's not knowing what's next for another's toon. It's that it's an item for his class like a might hilt LS and a Sorc rolls need for Khem or to RE. That isn't cool and most people know that. In the olden days of an MMO you would be blacklisted and called a ninja but most wouldn't do it cause its not proper educate and it can get you g'kicked for being a dbag.

Continue being a dbag and the ignore lists you are on will grow and Group Finder will take forever for that person.

Classic douche bag response and running 55 HFP for an item drop is nothing like a fracking chest in the open world. And it's not knowing what's next for another's toon. It's that it's an item for his class like a might hilt LS and a Sorc rolls need for Khem or to RE. That isn't cool and most people know that. In the olden days of an MMO you would be blacklisted and called a ninja but most wouldn't do it cause its not proper educate and it can get you g'kicked for being a dbag.

Continue being a dbag and the ignore lists you are on will grow and Group Finder will take forever for that person.

Same to ya. Your response is as douche baggy as mine. This is just another example of someone who wants to make rules for others to follow. You're in the middle of a level 55 battle and you actually want other people to scope out who you are, what you need, what spec you are, and then judge (quickly) whether it would be okay to take the item and decide whether you might be more needy than the next guy. Poor baby!

This is friggin' INSANE! The only person who believes he DESERVES a given piece of gear is one who thinks he's one special snowflake. These things are often very fast judgment calls and it doesn't always go your way. Get over it. Grouping with people like you guys sounds like a very pleasant experience.

And please enlighten me: What the hell is "proper educate" ?

Before a few days ago, I've never put a person on my ignore list. Coincidentally, I've never done a HM flashpoint with a completely random group. It shouldn't really surprise anyone that I started doing both things at the same time.

And please enlighten me: What the hell is "proper educate" ?

etiquette

You'd normally be waiting till the end of a fight to be looting, plus you get quite a lot of time to make your decision if you're not sure. Sometimes I wait till others have made their decision and if nobody needs I ask for my companion.

It happened I misclick a bit. In my localised version, 2 stats starts similarly ("Vigueur"/"Visée") and I used to confuse them when fast reading. I'm more careful now since it can lead to unease. It was never an issue to give it back on simple remark.

Accident happens. I also recall having accidentally clicked Greed instead of Need for some gear I would actually need and left the item to the one who rolled it.

It's just virtual items, no need to be mad about them. At level 55 nobody has trade restrictions any more, there is no point to dramatize a mistake while it can be fixed in two sentences and one click.

Edited by Nkya

Since I'm already in full 69 and some 72 mods, I don't really care anymore. I take it as a bonus if I get something from a FP, doesn't worry me if I don't. The gameplay is why I do this, not a purple bunch of pixels.

Once might be an accident, since the buttons are right next to each other, twice or more is deliberate (or unacceptably sloppy), and they need to be vote kicked.

You mean when they're f2p as well and conveniently can't trade it back to you?

That would suck bad, since the amount of useful drops are pretty rare on hardmode (lvl 55) Flashpoints.

Ah well a reason to vote-kick them I guess...

Pretty sure you can't trade within a group anyhow, you have to ungroup then trade, which you obviously can't do in a flashpoint.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.