Make legacy levels meaningful

ChuangTzu

Ok, here is my 'troll' thread.

I was really happy when I found out there was a legacy lvl requirement to the new companion (not that I'm super keen to get this particular comp). I thought finally there was some point in having legacy lvls above 25 but that was not going to be the case.

Now this thread is not to protest this but to ask for BW to give us some perks for legacy lvls above 25 that can't be bypassed with Cartel Coins.

Things I'd like to see-

Further reductions on the CDs of quick travel passes.

Armour sets

And the one I'd like to see most, a perminant double xp unlock (charter unlock not legacy wide).

What would you guys like to see?

Edit: so that are things to unlock above LL 25 but the point still is that they can be bypassed with the use of CC.

Edited by ChuangTzu

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I think could be done :

- +1 Presence per Legacy Level

- some discounts per tier of 10 levels (discount on what, it's up to your imagination : legacy perks, repairs, travels, trainers...)

Edited by Altheran

Legacy levels are pretty meaningful until level 20, but they stopped adding in in game legacy gear and skills after the Legacy Patch. It would be great if they made those other 30 levels worth something.

Legacy levels are pretty meaningful until level 20, but they stopped adding in in game legacy gear and skills after the Legacy Patch. It would be great if they made those other 30 levels worth something.

Exactly my point.

We've been in pvp preseason for over a year.

Our latest "expansion" was basically one new zone.

Meanwhile, the Cartel Market has had hundreds of items designed and implemented.

I don't know what world you live in, but in the realist one I do I wouldn't hold my breath for them putting much, if any, effort into anything in this game outside of ways to continue monetizing the market, let alone old pre-F2P systems like Legacy or the once promised "awesome things" they had planned for the space combat/flight aspect of the game.

Now, in an effort to be constructive, the only way I see anything real being done to Legacy is if you crouch your suggestions in a way that they can tie it to the market.

Like, the more Legacy Levels you gain, the more discounts you get. 1% per level.

Or, if you're really cynical, the more legacy levels you get, the more expensive the market gets, because you obviously play more than a theoretical other player, so you should pay more. ;D

Now, I'm actually pretty serious about my first suggestion, but if it needed to be said, I'm kind of tongue in cheek about the second. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of things I'd like seen done with Legacy, but I'm trying to be realistic with my suggestions, though I admit the first suggestion is highly unrealistic, seeing as you have to even pay money for a barbershop feature, and their obvious direction towards figuring out ways to make you spend more money, not less.

That said, I do think 1% reduction in costs/legacy level would be a heck of a good PR move, especially considering how utterly worthless a subscription currently is to this game.

Edited by revial

We've been in pvp preseason for over a year.

Our latest "expansion" was basically one new zone.

Meanwhile, the Cartel Market has had hundreds of items designed and implemented.

I don't know what world you live in, but in the realist one I do I wouldn't hold my breath for them putting much, if any, effort into anything in this game outside of ways to continue monetizing the market, let alone old pre-F2P systems like Legacy or the once promised "awesome things" they had planned for the space combat/flight aspect of the game.

Now, in an effort to be constructive, the only way I see anything real being done to Legacy is if you crouch your suggestions in a way that they can tie it to the market.

Like, the more Legacy Levels you gain, the more discounts you get. 1% per level.

Or, if you're really cynical, the more legacy levels you get, the more expensive the market gets, because you obviously play more than a theoretical other player, so you should pay more. ;D

Now, I'm actually pretty serious about my first suggestion, but if it needed to be said, I'm kind of tongue in cheek about the second. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of things I'd like seen done with Legacy, but I'm trying to be realistic with my suggestions, though I admit the first suggestion is highly unrealistic, seeing as you have to even pay money for a barbershop feature, and their obvious direction towards figuring out ways to make you spend more money, not less.

That said, I do think 1% reduction in costs/legacy level would be a heck of a good PR move, especially considering how utterly worthless a subscription currently is to this game.

Tbh, all of my suggestions would require very little effort on BWs part but would go along way to show that they value their subscribers and long term player, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by ChuangTzu

How about some PLAY to win. Every legacy level gives you 10 extra cartel coins per month. Legacy 50 gives you 500 extra per month. Watch how fast people grind that **** out now.

Sarcasm btw. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Some things they could add....

A true dual spec that saves talent points and hot bars and such.

Legacy 50 could unlock a cool story questline that could be about your legacy and you can confront all your characters with a family meeting or something.

Something along the lines of the last one.. I think it would be cool you could click a button, similar to the credits button on the character select, that you could watch your entire class story with all the choices you made play out. Kind of like a movie.

How about ship customization.. every 10 levels unlocks some more customization to your ships or maybe they can turn your hanger, on the fleet, into customizable.

Unlock crew skills so that you can send all your companions out at the same time.

Shared banking

Already said but I like perma double xp when you hit level 50 legacy

Could also have rep boosters

I have a lot more but that will do for now. Have to run.

What I think could be done :

- +1 Presence per Legacy Level

- some discounts per tier of 10 levels (discount on what, it's up to your imagination : legacy perks, repairs, travels, trainers...)

The +1 Presence per legacy level on all characters sounds nice.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

I think the presence suggestion is fantastic.

I also would add the following to legacy....

Legacy titles

Titles should be for direct sale. There are a few that might interest others, like military ranks...

Sergeant

Sergeant Major

Lieutenant

Captain

Major

Commander

Colonel

Commodore

General

Admiral

Grand General

Grand Admiral

Supreme Commander

and perhaps some others like....

Dark Lord

Jedi Master

Counsilor

High Councilor

Prime Councilor

Moff

High Moff

Grand Moff

Mandalorian

Operative

Officer

Marshal

Grand Marshal

Governor

Overlord

Director

I would also like to see the following added as unlockable items, with both in game EC and cartel coin prices.

Cargo droid - Droid you can summon to your position that gives you access to your cargo hold.

Reduced vendor costs - Unlocks that reduce vendor costs for items by 5/10/20 percent.

Reduced repair costs - Unlocks that reduce repair costs by 5/10/20 percent.

Reduced mod costs - Unlocks that reduce mod removal costs by 5/10/20 percent.

Reduced crew skill mission costs - Unlocks that reduce mission costs by 5/10/20 percent.

Reduced crew skill crafting time - Unlocks that reduce crafting time by 25/50/75 percent.

And the following additional skills unlocked per character class, for either EC or cartel coins...

Sith Inquisitor

Shockwave - Old overload ability. Only works in PVE (disabled for PVP).

Dark Consumption - AoE life leech attack, causes moderate damage (half of lightning storm) but heals caster for 50 percent of all damage done. Cast on the ground, can move out of effect area to avoid effect.

Dark Recharge - AoE force leech attack, causes moderate damage (1/4 of lightning storm) but recharges caster's force power for 50 percent of all damage done. Damages caster for same amount of health damage as targets. Cast on the ground, can move out of effect area to avoid effect.

Sith Warrior

Force Push - Can only be cast while force choke is active, works the same as current overload. Higher chance for knockdown than overload. Can pin target against walls and other objects temporarily.

Force Crush - Very short range AoE force choke, half the power of single target choke, small chance to cause disorientation. Does not work in PVP. Uses large amount of rage.

Obliterate - Can only be cast while force crush is active. Fires off strong dark force powered AoE shockwave that does tremendous damage to all in it's range, group member or mob, including yourself. Does not effect those not in your group or enemy players. Medium chance to kill weak or standard enemies instantly. Generates a high amount of threat. Reduces rage meter to zero.

Imperial Agent

Call reinforcements - Ability to summon three weak dark troopers to fight by your side, will not despawn until defeated or out of combat.

Malfunction - Ability to cause weapon malfunctions, reducing damage temporarily. Strong effect on droids and turrets.

Mind control - Ability to take control of enemy's mind using chemicals...target will temporarily become Agent's ally. Can only be cast on one mob at a time, very short duration. Does not work on droids or players.

Bounty Hunter

Snare - Grabs one enemy and pulls that enemy to you, disoriented. CC ability. Mob remains disoriented until damaged.

Fireball - AoE DoT, Fires gas canister that erupts in flame when it strikes the ground, burning anyone inside it's burn radius. Very effective against humanoid targets. Medium range. Can cause weak and standard NPC targets to run around in fear. Acts as natural barrier to mob movement.

Dropkick - Strong knockback attack on single target, acts as interrupt, same effect as current overload, animation similar to side kick.

Jedi Consular

Force Project - AoE at range, single target throw up close. Ability to draw large objects out of the ground and throw them at a small group of targets, or grab a single target close to you and throw that mob at another mob. Single target pull has a chance to fail, no chance against droids. Knockdown effect is strong if you throw one mob into another.

Force Quake - AoE ability, group knockdown at range for droids. Does not work against humanoid targets.

Force Hold - Can hold a single target frozen in the air indefinitely, target becomes immune to damage. Must remain motionless...any action will break the effect, including if caster is damaged or healed. Can be used on allies. Does not work in PVP.

Jedi Knight

Force deflect - temporary buff that will reflect all damage back to the mobs that cause it. Works on multiple targets, close range ability. Does not work in PVP.

Knockback - Must be cast while Force Deflect is active, throws back single target similar to current overload. Small chance to cause disorientation to weak and standard targets.

Force rally - temporarily increases accuracy, damage resistance and health regeneration for all group members and allies when cast. Increases threat. Can be cast during combat.

Smuggler

Focus fire - Single shot attack that strikes for 50 percent more damage and leaves target disoriented, attack must charge, can be interrupted. 50 percent chance to miss.

Confuse - AoE disorientation gas, allows Smuggler to break threat, takes out of combat. Does not work in PVP (no effect on players).

Quick - Consumption of spice, increases regeneration of all pools temporarily by 50 percent, long cooldown. Can be cast on others and used in combat.

Trooper

Call droids - Ability to summon three weak droids that will heal all allies, remove negative effects and draw agro. Non-combatant droids. Will not despawn unless killed or combat ends.

Bodyslam - Direct attack ability, short range, that allows Trooper to pick up enemy and slam them into the ground. Very strong damage and disorientation. Can be avoided.

Sacrifice - Trooper can set a self destruct bomb on their person that will explode in a very strong AoE attack, short range raidus. Will reduce the Troopers health to minimal levels. Very strong knockback effect.

And finally I would add a legacy bank

Legacy Cargo/Bank

This item would be a legacy unlock that a player could get at say legacy 20, with further unlocks adding more function to the bay.

First unlock - Legacy Cargo bay

This unlocks a legacy wide cargo bay shared across all members of your legacy. This bay appears in your quarters on your ship. Any items placed in this single bay are accessible by all legacy members.

Second unlock - Additional Legacy bay

This unlocks a second pane in the legacy cargo bay.

Third unlock - Legacy bank

This unlocks a place to deposit EC that can be accessed by all legacy members. Bank would be limited to 5 million EC.

I would suggest both EC and CC unlock ability for the feature.

This would allow players to transfer items between characters on an account while still restricting the ability to email other players if a person is not subscribed so it can not be abused.

If a player goes to preferred status after a sub, the Legacy bank would be limited to 350k with the rest placed in escrow. Various escrow unlocks, similar to character escrow unlocks would allow more money to be deposited into the bank.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by LordArtemis

Legacy really does need some attention but with the game being CM focused now I doubt anything will happen to it unless they can squeeze more CC out of it. It started off as something with some potential but all it's really good for now are the class buffs.

I want an unlock-able Double XP option that opens up once I'm legacy 50. I am Legacy 49 at the moment. I have 9 characters 4 level 50+ I've done every conceivable planet quest numerous times. When i level a new character I don't want to grind. I want double XP unlocked at legacy 50. and since the game is CM focused, let it be for cartel coins as well simular to how HK is.

I definitely agree that legacy beyond level 25 needs to be made more interesting and meaningful. I like a lot of these suggestions, but I'm pretty sure that at this point, any useful reward will be whined into the CM by the CM players ("it takes too long / is too hard to get and people with high legacy shouldn't get in-game advantages, it's not faaaaaair!"), and any vanity reward will also be whined into the CM by the CM players ("it doesn't effect gameplay so why is it restricted to high legacy, it's not faaaaair!"). :rolleyes:

I definitely agree that legacy beyond level 25 needs to be made more interesting and meaningful. I like a lot of these suggestions, but I'm pretty sure that at this point, any useful reward will be whined into the CM by the CM players ("it takes too long / is too hard to get and people with high legacy shouldn't get in-game advantages, it's not faaaaaair!"), and any vanity reward will also be whined into the CM by the CM players ("it doesn't effect gameplay so why is it restricted to high legacy, it's not faaaaair!"). :rolleyes:

/agreed

Currently level 35 Legacy level, I have 7 of the 8 classes to 50+, double XP Legacy unlock sounds better getting it earlier than 50.

I think +2 Presence per Legacy Level is the better idea, for a nice round +100 to Presence.

Other nice perk ideas...

+1% Discount to CM purchases per Legacy Level (so up to 50%). I don't know how Legacy works for F2P, so could say one must be subbed for this perk.

Two very well designed sets of armor unlocked by Legacy Level. Belt at Level 25, Gloves at Level 30, Boots at Level 35, Leggings at Level 40, Chest at Level 45. One set looks like Light/Medium Armor, the other Heavy Armor...both sets are adaptive.

Choice of Dye Module at every Legacy Level (or 2 levels or 5 levels).

Faster QT and Fleet Pass times! How about without costing tons of credits!

Meaningful Legacy levels can cost stuff on the market. Tweek was a step in the right direction, all we needed was:

1) a questline that unlocks at Legacy 40 to gain Tweek for the first time for the Legacy...

And it would've been perfect for me.

Who is this Tweek you speak of? and what developer notes refer to this tweek being in the game?

One thing i would like to see is getting 3% extra xp per legacy level over lvl 20 (so that at legacy level 50 you would be getting +99% xp) and really if you have spent enough time/effort to get to 50 it would be nice to have that boost on any alts you make....

I would like this and i'm just about done leveling characters.. (see signature) and after i finish the story on my knight i'll be done with alts for a long time.. i might take a few from 50-55.. but my mains are my sorc and sage (both healer spec'd) and my scoundrel and operative (again both healer spec'd)

And to give the people that say "I HAVE DOUBLE XP!! IT MAKES ME LEVEL TO FAST!!!)" have a toggle that can be checked and un checked (maybe even visit a NPC on fleet or starting planet that you talk to, to turn it on and off when you want..)

she is currently only available on the PTS(public test server)

I see the PTS 2.3 patch notes and i see dulfy's explanation and video but i still don't see in the pts 2.3 patch notes a mention of this character just a bunch of crap about Czerka Fp's and bounty hunter week Am i just blind or what?

The most beneficial part of the legacy has always been the additional class buffs and presence bonus. Neither of these can be purchased with cartel coins however both are free to those that put in the work of levelling the other classes and maxing out affection on the companions.

I remember the original required legacy levels for most of the legacy perks currently available were roughly double if not higher when they first came out and pretty much all came with a steep cost, such as the ship GTN for 5 million credits. At that time most of my credits went to paying for more inventory space (used to be expensive before the Cartel market unlocks came along) so I really couldn't justify paying out on fluff for my space ship or trendy rocket boots or XP boosts when I level pretty fast anyway.

Maybe give Legacy a reputation makeover.

Revisit the Legacy vendors on the home worlds and make the orange armour sets a little cheaper now you can get full seven piece sets (at the time they first came out they were about the only reliable place to get orange bracers and belts).

Add a few more armour sets/ weapons variants, specific dye modules, mounts, pets. In other words all the things that reputation vendors currently offer.

I understand the need to release vanity items on the Cartel Market but it always struck me as a low blow that the creation screen armour types were released on the CM and not to the Legacy vendors, instead they got fairly generic armour types, many of which are identical models of armours that are easier to get through other avenues (such as low level FPs/Heroics/Crafting). I think other than bracers and belts the only item I ever purchased from these vendors was the Imperial Agents Goggles.

Edited by Vhaegrant

One thing i would like to see is getting 3% extra xp per legacy level over lvl 20 (so that at legacy level 50 you would be getting +99% xp) and really if you have spent enough time/effort to get to 50 it would be nice to have that boost on any alts you make....

I would like this and i'm just about done leveling characters.. (see signature) and after i finish the story on my knight i'll be done with alts for a long time.. i might take a few from 50-55.. but my mains are my sorc and sage (both healer spec'd) and my scoundrel and operative (again both healer spec'd)

And to give the people that say "I HAVE DOUBLE XP!! IT MAKES ME LEVEL TO FAST!!!)" have a toggle that can be checked and un checked (maybe even visit a NPC on fleet or starting planet that you talk to, to turn it on and off when you want..)

That would be a nice perk for Sub Legacies. Could even make it a cheap (if not free) unlock..."If you click this, you get more xp" or do the toggle route.

While I have no more plans for alts (1 of each class is good enough imo) I know if I had an option to run an alt through just the class stories (and maybe also planet stories) Id be much more inclined to repeat classes.