[New Idea] Make Legacy Gear Adaptable

Well, this came to my head a few times but I never posted it,but listen out: Why not make the Legacy Gear we get from completing each Chapter adaptable? So we'd "inherit"a BH chest for our Sith Inquisitor "cousin" via the Legacy , improving the "family" aspect of the Legacy System.

What do you guys think?

Unless you're talking about someone else that isn't coming to mind, the legacy gear from the chapter rewards can be redeemed from the legacy vendors for a piece of gear for any class and it's legacy-bound so it can be traded. Why would you need it to be adaptable?

Because the Legacy gear is completely worthless as it is. If they made it adaptable, people would be much more willing to actually use it instead of sticking in it their cargo bay and forgetting they even have it. You point out a player that doesn't use adaptable gear, and I'll call them an easy target to kill. :rak_03: Edited by Viperight

Unless you're talking about someone else that isn't coming to mind, the legacy gear from the chapter rewards can be redeemed from the legacy vendors for a piece of gear for any class and it's legacy-bound so it can be traded. Why would you need it to be adaptable?

What I meant is, its better to refresh the Legacy gear by making it Adaptable so a Sorcerer can use Bounty Hunter Legacy gear (AKA "that weird helmet my Uncle left me"). At the current state the Legacy Vendors are useless, since whatever they are selling can be acqured ingame. Making the Legacy Gear usable by all classes would make the Legacy Vendor usefull again.

Legacy gear is a great concept. The idea that you can have a piece of armor that levels with you and can be used by your legacy. I hope they expand it in the future.

A terrible idea. This would dumb down the game even more, not to say it would make 99% quest rewards, planetary comms, world bosses, and crew skills pointless and obsolete.

Don't play a MMORPG if you don't want to deal with gear.

Legacy gear is a great concept. The idea that you can have a piece of armor that levels with you and can be used by your legacy. I hope they expand it in the future.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Gear hunting is for many people the most fun part of RPGs. Armor or weapon that levels with you would completely ruin all other gear in game, not to mention all quest rewards would need to be revamped to something else than gear and commendations. It would also kill 83% of GTN (and crafters).

However, the orignal poster idea of having the Legacy Armor from Legacy vendors adaptable would probably not hurt, seeing as Reputation gear is already Adaptable, this would just bring it in line.

However, it is still nice to see some armors that are "unique". So I take a "soft no" stance on this one, meaning I would not mind it, but I would rather not have it in game.

Edited by Aries_cz

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Gear hunting is for many people the most fun part of RPGs. Armor or weapon that levels with you would completely ruin all other gear in game, not to mention all quest rewards would need to be revamped to something else than gear and commendations. It would also kill 83% of GTN (and crafters).

It's not a terrible idea. It would only scale while leveling and people who buy it would be power levelers like me who do 0 "gear hunting" or buying gear of the GTN but just put on whatever random crap I get from drops quests. It would just make leveling much smoother. It would also need to have requirements of a high legacy level and have to be bought with Elite or Ultimate comms. This would limit the people using it and make all gear not be useless.

A terrible idea. This would dumb down the game even more, not to say it would make 99% quest rewards, planetary comms, world bosses, and crew skills pointless and obsolete.

Don't play a MMORPG if you don't want to deal with gear.

Yeah, terrible idea for the mods, but making them adaptive for the looks is a good idea! You will of course have to search out the better mods.

But now I have a question, since I get the Main Hand weapon kit at the end of chapters, but never seem to get anything for the armors :/

It's not a terrible idea. It would only scale while leveling and people who buy it would be power levelers like me who do 0 "gear hunting" or buying gear of the GTN but just put on whatever random crap I get from drops quests. It would just make leveling much smoother. It would also need to have requirements of a high legacy level and have to be bought with Elite or Ultimate comms. This would limit the people using it and make all gear not be useless.

Actually, all gear hunting has been extremely simplified. Just visit comms vendor after each planet a buy what is appropriate. If you are overleveled like me, buy from the next one (for example, I started out Alderaan in Taris mods on my Agent).

Giving out an armor that would level with you would make all commendations, drops and quest rewards meaningless.

No I hope not.

To update armor along the way is something that keeps players busy and it is a great timesink.

Cause timesinks are what makes games good :rolleyes:

Reductio ad absurdum: So, why not give us a "I WIN" Legacy item, which instantly levels us to max level, gives us bajillion credits and top end armor? That would cut down all those timesinks, right?

Reductio ad absurdum: So, why not give us a "I WIN" Legacy item, which instantly levels us to max level, gives us bajillion credits and top end armor? That would cut down all those timesinks, right?

Funny cause I wasn't saying that at all. My point was it would be a way to make leveling easier (simular to double XP they keep doing) but one that people who didn't want could opt out of. In that way it's far superior to double XP.

I think it's funny how making some crappy green items you wear for a few levels useless (as if they weren't pretty much so before) is the worst thing ever. :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.