The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Kaggath Returns!

well this kind of sucks I have to go back to work tomorrow it would have been so much easier just to go ahead and start the battle with out even thinking about this all the things that beni was worried about bringing into it were exactly what was going to come up in the debate this truly does nothing for the next match honestly. Just makes me more impatient.

Edit: beni you only have yourself to blame truly you said we could use whole navies as a "Major Naval force" so you allowed whole Navies I am assuming my ground forces are also going to get a heavy nerf bat when I reveal the truth about them because of this and I am the ONLY person with a "Major ground force" so in the end I am likely the only one to feel the effects of such a loss I am just hoping I am wrong but considering how the thought processes seem to work I am almost certain of it now.

Edited by tunewalker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in general people need to understand that the purpose of these changes is to better simulate the realities of space combat. In "actual" conflicts entire naval forces numbered in the thousands, not fleets, and these forces were dispatched across multiple fronts. The Kaggath, as many may have noticed, has shrunk. We are no longer dealing with vast territories here but a small collection of planets, the sizes of the militaries should therefore reflect this if we are the accurately simulate the realities of conflict.

Anyway because of this fiasco the Kaggath will be postponed, hopefully if we experience no more hiccups I can have it out tommorow or at least by the end of the week.

I suppose that makes sense.

I'm going to PM you a question I have.

I suppose that makes sense.

I'm going to PM you a question I have.

Beni is getting a lot of PM's then lol well I wonder just how this is going to work I was looking forward to my battle with Rayla..... now, now I am not sure how much fun its going to be I was counting on a huge war of attrition it seems now the battle will be over in a very short time.

Edit: its funny here I thought I would be doing something like this

taking off the cuffs now I see I am actually going to be putting more cuffs on :( Edited by tunewalker

The importance of shipyards just increased a million fold due to these changes.

Not that I don't support them.

yep and the importance of your large scale navy is just more trivialized..... repair facilities are more trivialized..... the choice of leadership that think about the big picture is trivialized...... the captians of the capital ships are trivialized...... All so Shipyards and building facilities can essentially be the end all be all of Naval power, I could be wrong but that's what I am seeing right now.

Well I was hoping that, in so far I feel they've been obsolete.

they wouldn't be in the next match with how even the ship numbers are the only reason they have been in recent matches is their has been large disparity between fleets Mine and Rayla's was the one match this didn't need to happen for after it do what ever you want but for our match alone its unneccisarry.

they wouldn't be in the next match with how even the ship numbers are the only reason they have been in recent matches is their has been large disparity between fleets Mine and Rayla's was the one match this didn't need to happen for after it do what ever you want but for our match alone its unneccisarry.
I'm not sure how that makes sense, surely a larger disparity would make shipyards more important - in order to close the gap. And a small disparity just as important, as a small number of ships can tip the balance.

Basically one shipyard can't accommodate for such a large fleet, or repair yard for that matter, nothing more to it.

Edit: beni you only have yourself to blame truly you said we could use whole navies as a "Major Naval force" so you allowed whole Navies I am assuming my ground forces are also going to get a heavy nerf bat when I reveal the truth about them because of this and I am the ONLY person with a "Major ground force" so in the end I am likely the only one to feel the effects of such a loss I am just hoping I am wrong but considering how the thought processes seem to work I am almost certain of it now.
I'm not blaming anyone but myself, I take full responsibility for this problem and I've being doing by best to correct it.

And while major ground forces would be more realistic if made smaller, not nearly as many problems are created by keeping it as it is, so I see no real reason for any major change there.

Edited by Beniboybling

Wait, are you not giving me the stealth fleet?

Let's just drop the other part.

I still think you're wrong, I just want to go to bed gosh darnit! :p

Erm yes.

And I'm still confused as to why you think you've been nerfed when the opposite has occured. You also seemed to have missed the part where I explain why Aurbere has twice as many ships as you, its because he has lots of little cruisers.

Erm yes.

And I'm still confused as to why you think you've been nerfed when the opposite has occured. You also seemed to have missed the part where I explain why Aurbere has twice as many ships as you, its because he has lots of little cruisers.

Again, let's drop it I can work around it...

Oh, and I have 27 with the stealth fleet upgrade. (60+75)/5 is 27... The rest was my Sienar fleet. Speaking of which, is my starting garrison the same?

Again, let's drop it I can work around it...

Oh, and I have 27 with the stealth fleet upgrade. (60+75)/5 is 27... The rest was my Sienar fleet. Speaking of which, is my starting garrison the same?

I'm still curious as to why you feel that's necessary given your much improved situation. I don't want you to have any misconceptions regarding the realities of your position, though I'm sure that will become clear once the battle gets underway.

And Malgus' Fleet =/= Malgus' Stealth Fleet which he captured. I'm not entirely sure if that's valid, as for garrisons you have 1/5 of what was preivously the case so one of each.

Edited by Beniboybling

I'm not sure how that makes sense, surely a larger disparity would make shipyards more important - in order to close the gap. And a small disparity just as important, as a small number of ships can tip the balance.

Basically one shipyard can't accommodate for such a large fleet, or repair yard for that matter, nothing more to it.

OK beni I am ready to debate Rayla when ever :) I am still concerned about what is going to happen to my ground forces but we will see that when we get into the battle itself.

I'm still curious as to why you feel that's necessary given your much improved situation. I don't want you to have any misconceptions regarding the realities of your position, though I'm sure that will become clear once the battle gets underway.

And Malgus' Fleet =/= Malgus' Stealth Fleet which he captured. I'm not entirely sure if that's valid, as for garrisons you have 1/5 of what was preivously the case so one of each.

Im not going through it again.

It's the same fleet.

And really? I thought the aim was to make suppliers and Shipyards more effective, so I assume the rate would stay the same...

Never mind then.

It's the same fleet.

And really? I thought the aim was to make suppliers and Shipyards more effective, so I assume the rate would stay the same...

Never mind then.

According to Wookieepedia the fleet consists of only a dozen Harrowers and some Terminus of an unknown number. Regardless I don't think we have any evidence to suggest its the same fleet.

Concerning suppliers, if they do not come under the same deductions you'll find that people will end up having more of those ships than there own. Though I may set a number for that, like two or something.

According to Wookieepedia the fleet consists of only a dozen Harrowers and some Terminus of an unknown number. Regardless I don't think we have any evidence to suggest its the same fleet.

Concerning suppliers, if they do not come under the same deductions you'll find that people will end up having more of those ships than there own. Though I may set a number for that, like two or something.

That was the expeditionary fleet stationed at the Vaiken space dock if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Baily changed to Vaikan. Damn auto-correct.

Edited by Selenial

I.e. Malgus' Fleet.

Regardless I'm fairly sure that the stealth fleet was built specifically for that purpose.

It wasn't the entire fleet.

No entire fleet is stationed at one place.

IE: 12 Terminus' were at Vaiken, yet Malgus says "This is Darth Malgus of the Expeditionary Fleet, we bring greetings from the Verago sector!"

Implying he had a fleet there too.

It wasn't the entire fleet.

No entire fleet is stationed at one place.

IE: 12 Terminus' were at Vaiken, yet Malgus says "This is Darth Malgus of the Expeditionary Fleet, we bring greetings from the Verago sector!"

Implying he had a fleet there too.

Still doesn't mean anything. Malgus Fleet =/= Stealth Fleet.

Unless you have evidence that suggests otherwise.

One things for sure, that portion of the fleet is still there.

What?

Oh, and I think Rayla has some source that...

What I'm saying is that if Malgus converted his entire fleet into a stealthed armarda, that portion of his fleet would disappear from Vaiken Station.

I think we should assume it was a new fleet, after all you can't just slap a stealth generator on any old thing - often these have to be integrated into an entirely new set of schematics.