A complete and utter joke!

Ayelinna

because it is, in fact, i say you sound more like a "entitled" freeloader that want to equate her gameplay time to something significant like actually perform Rl things e.g. having a job/family/etc.im sorry but it not. when this game closed, you wont have anything to really show for it except for wasted time.

this game only exist to be fun, not be a lifetime achievement award,school or a second job.

Well thank you for trying to insult me, the only thing you kind of people on these forums think you're good at.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if i'm making myself clear enough or people are confused but idk. Heres how I see it.

Right now, people can pay real money to buy cartel coins, they can then buy items off the cartel market and sell those items for in game credits.

People who have worked hard in game for those credits then get that item. They get the item without paying real money, but with credits.

Those credits then go to the seller, who is racking up a fortune, much more money than people who never use the cartel market. And with these credits, essentially those people can buy the best gear in game required for Nightmare content (level 72 stuff), which means they are basically fast tracking (skipping the gearing up process, earning commendations etc).. Basically, they can buy anything they want off the GTN because they earned enough money from selling stuff they bought off the CM.

Now, what I would support is the ability to purchase Cartel coins, or in game subscription time, with credits.

The CM nerds buy the CC/sub time, Bioware gets money to run the game, the cm nerds then sell those CC/sub time for in game credits. Their reward? They earn lots of in game credits, but they have lots of real life money to throw away and so can afford it.

And the people who spend a lot of time in game, actually playing it to earn credits and never using a single CC? They benefit because they purchase the in game time off the GTN. So it basically rewards them with playing time, for actually playing the game, for actually putting time and effort into it. With this free sub time, they can then gear up in raids or whatever.

I may sound hypocritical but I would support something like this.

But in both cases, the end result is that someone used cash to sell something in game for credits. The credits are then turned around so that they can "buy anything they want off of the GTN."

I'd think with that logic you'd be even more upset with the subscription time seller. Buying a CM item off of the GTN, the buyer at least has something tangible in their inventory. With sub time, that vanishes into the wind in 30days.

While OP is somewhat incoherent, how the hell does a subscriber wanting rewards to be connected to playing sound like "an entitled freeloader"? If you are going to use FOTM buzzwords, please use them correctly! You are messing up my Biodrone Bingo card.

Because he can't think of a proper counter argument and is desperate to ridicule me on an internet forum.

Well thank you for trying to insult me, the only thing you kind of people on these forums think you're good at.

Why don't you report and ignore posts you feel warrant nothing but this type of response? You're just as bad for responding in this way, instead of reporting and ignoring.

Respond to those of us who aren't solely attacking -- and/or respond solely to the pieces of posts that aren't attacking you. Your last post shows that you are OK with a system SOLELY if you benefit from it. That is not only selfish, it shows your arguments in this thread have been motivated by ego.

because it is, in fact, i say you sound more like a "entitled" freeloader that want to equate her gameplay time to something significant like actually perform Rl things e.g. having a job/family/etc.im sorry but it not. when this game closed, you wont have anything to really show for it except for wasted time.

this game only exist to be fun, not be a lifetime achievement award,school or a second job.

"freeloader"...that's a new one. Nothing at all in your reply but a personal attack...

But in both cases, the end result is that someone used cash to sell something in game for credits. The credits are then turned around so that they can "buy anything they want off of the GTN."

I'd think with that logic you'd be even more upset with the subscription time seller. Buying a CM item off of the GTN, the buyer at least has something tangible in their inventory. With sub time, that vanishes into the wind in 30days.

30 days is a long time tbh, but right now I dont feel like I am getting my subscriptions worth, despite putting a lot of time into this game. Some people may put a lot of money to put into this game, everyones different.

I just want to be rewarded for playing the game, and playing the game (earning credits) to actually play the game would make me feel rewarded.

I dont know if i'm making myself clear enough or people are confused but idk. Heres how I see it.

Right now, people can pay real money to buy cartel coins, they can then buy items off the cartel market and sell those items for in game credits.

People who have worked hard in game for those credits then get that item. They get the item without paying real money, but with credits.

Those credits then go to the seller, who is racking up a fortune, much more money than people who never use the cartel market. And with these credits, essentially those people can buy the best gear in game required for Nightmare content (level 72 stuff), which means they are basically fast tracking (skipping the gearing up process, earning commendations etc).. Basically, they can buy anything they want off the GTN because they earned enough money from selling stuff they bought off the CM.

Now, what I would support is the ability to purchase Cartel coins, or in game subscription time, with credits.

The CM nerds buy the CC/sub time, Bioware gets money to run the game, the cm nerds then sell those CC/sub time for in game credits. Their reward? They earn lots of in game credits, but they have lots of real life money to throw away and so can afford it.

And the people who spend a lot of time in game, actually playing it to earn credits and never using a single CC? They benefit because they purchase the in game time off the GTN. So it basically rewards them with playing time, for actually playing the game, for actually putting time and effort into it. With this free sub time, they can then gear up in raids or whatever.

You receive a monthly stipend that you earned by paying your subscription according to BW....They're basically giving you a currency to take advantage of the CM so you don't feel like you do. You're choosing to not take part in it, which is nobody's fault but your own.

BTW, dropping names like Biodrones and CM nerds is not really a good way to make people take you seriously.

While OP is somewhat incoherent, how the hell does a subscriber wanting rewards to be connected to playing sound like "an entitled freeloader"? If you are going to use FOTM buzzwords, please use them correctly! You are messing up my Biodrone Bingo card.

how arent not seeing it?

his argument: "i play the game for long periods of time, so i should get everything" ergo (s)he think is entitled to whatever in game because (s)he plays alot and that matter. when i use the word "entitled" i used it within the proper context. also biodrone? ok bro if that your best comeback then you have fail.

tbh, it is no different from a f2p player crying in game that he or she can need on loot on a fp.

30 days is a long time tbh, but right now I dont feel like I am getting my subscriptions worth, despite putting a lot of time into this game. Some people may put a lot of money to put into this game, everyones different.

I just want to be rewarded for playing the game, and playing the game (earning credits) to actually play the game would make me feel rewarded.

Then play the game. Don't fret over what other people are doing. Me purchasing Treek on the CM does not affect you in any way shape or form. I feel happy i got to enjoy a cute companion. You feel happy because you 'earned' treek via legacy and credits. We both win.

Why don't you report and ignore posts you feel warrant nothing but this type of response? You're just as bad for responding in this way, instead of reporting and ignoring.

Respond to those of us who aren't solely attacking -- and/or respond solely to the pieces of posts that aren't attacking you. Your last post shows that you are OK with a system SOLELY if you benefit from it. That is not only selfish, it shows your arguments in this thread have been motivated by ego.

Oh i do that too. I just find it hilarious that people resort to personal insults over the forum, and I like to point them out so other people can see.

And please, quote me where i said "I want to be the only person to benefit from this". Your assumptions are really not making your arguments seem very intelligent.

And again, Kilora, trying to mock me by talking about my "ego".

Oh you are making yourself perfectly clear...

You are happy with the arrangement as long as it benefits you specifically.....you are not happy with the arrangement if it benefits anyone else...thats coming through loud and clear...thanks for clearing that up :)

This mentality makes perfect sense coming from the same person who made a thread yesterday demanding that BW does not give out bowcasters as quest rewards for any future content, on the basis that YOU personally have a bowcaster from the Chevin event and you dont think anyone who wasnt in game for the event should ever have the chance to obtain a bowcaster....because you are THAT special :)

Driz

Wow, the first semi-sensible post I've seen in this thread from you. We've reached the heart of the issue, you really couldn't care less about the cartel market items as they are, you just want a way to get free sub time. We could have just cut to this argument from the beginning and you might have actually had people who supported you.

I know I could get behind a system like this. They are actually half way there with the warzone/ops/fps/space passes that you can trade.

Then play the game. Don't fret over what other people are doing. Me purchasing Treek on the CM does not affect you in any way shape or form. I feel happy i got to enjoy a cute companion. You feel happy because you 'earned' treek via legacy and credits. We both win.

It depends how much the credits is. If its 1m credits vs 600cc, I wouldnt be very happy, considering 1m credits may take a while for a lot of people to earn, yet 600CC can be bought instantly.

If it was 500k or 500cc, and both a level 40 legacy requirement, i would be ok with it. But if they remove the legacy requirement for those who use CC, that would be stupid.

Edited by Ayelinna

Oh i do that too. I just find it hilarious that people resort to personal insults over the forum, and I like to point them out so other people can see.

And please, quote me where i said "I want to be the only person to benefit from this". Your assumptions are really not making your arguments seem very intelligent.

And again, Kilora, trying to mock me by talking about my "ego".

I'm not mocking you -- I'm trying to understand how you can be so hypocritical. The only answer? In one situation, you benefit. In the other, you aren't affected at all.

Scenario 1:

I purchase a cathar unlock with $, sell it for in-game credits. I basically turn $ into Credits, and someone else gets to use credits for something instead of an unlock. Win-win, right?

Scenario 2:

I purchase Ewok with CCs. You purchase Ewok with Credits. You wanted to "earn" it, I wanted to spend my credits on other items. Win-win, right?

Scenario 3:

EVE -- I purchase PLEX with $, sell it for in-game credits. PLEX can be used for subscription payment. I turned $ into Credits, someone else got a sub without paying $. Win-win, right?

You're saying #3 is ok, but 1 and 2 are not. Why?

"freeloader"...that's a new one. Nothing at all in your reply but a personal attack...

you missed my the point also. while my post was a personal attack (which to be fair, after all the personal attack the OP put on me, i say a eye for eye:) )

my point here is, the OP only want things in game to work in such a fashion the (s)he benefits from and no one else who isnt working within his or her rules . all his or her post reflect this. in fact, i would assume, if bioware would allow subs to be brought via GTN, the OP would drop paying and merely go f2p and rake up point to buy his or her sub. his or her mentality is no different from a f2p that feel he or she deserved to need on things because of the restriction of f2p.

Edited by astrobearx

It depends how much the credits is. If its 1m credits vs 600cc, I wouldnt be very happy, considering 1m credits may take a while for a lot of people to earn, yet 600CC can be bought instantly.

If it was 500k or 500cc, and both a legacy requirement.

Who cares how long it takes me to get treek? If i want treek instantly, who cares? If i want to earn treek via legacy and credits, who cares?

This isn't something that affects game play. It has no value. No purpose. It's fluff. Vanity. Cosmetic.. Let those that want to purchase Treek with 600cc or whatever Bioware charges for it, do it. It's none of my business how you get this fluff item. It's none of your business how i get mine.

I'm not mocking you -- I'm trying to understand how you can be so hypocritical. The only answer? In one situation, you benefit. In the other, you aren't affected at all.

Scenario 1:

I purchase a cathar unlock with $, sell it for in-game credits. I basically turn $ into Credits, and someone else gets to use credits for something instead of an unlock. Win-win, right?

Scenario 2:

I purchase Ewok with CCs. You purchase Ewok with Credits. You wanted to "earn" it, I wanted to spend my credits on other items. Win-win, right?

Scenario 3:

EVE -- I purchase PLEX with $, sell it for in-game credits. PLEX can be used for subscription payment. I turned $ into Credits, someone else got a sub without paying $. Win-win, right?

You're saying #3 is ok, but 1 and 2 are not. Why?

1. They put time and effort into earning those credits, they use up their credits. It doesnt take time and effort to purchase CC and sell them for credits. Not everyone is rich and cant afford CC.

2. You can basically pay real money for the Ewok instantly, instead of playing the game, and earning those credits in game, which other people did. Not everyone is rich and can afford CC, or they can "wait a month for their monthly CC grant" but nobody wants to do that.

3. You buy PLEX, you sell PLEX for credits. People who have spent time earning credits, buy the PLEX and is rewarded with game time. With that game time that they bought for actually playing the game, they can then earn more credits to buy the Ewok. It rewards the players for actually playing, putting time and effort into the game. Its a win- win.

And that's perfectly understandable.

What I'm taking issue with is the distinction you are trying to make between GTN selling a CM item and selling a subscription (which is really just another CM item). You view one as bad and the other as good when they are both essentially the same thing.

I'm thrilled that the CM system allows a player with more disposable incoming than myself to spend their cash on CM items that I can then purchase with my hard earned in game credits.

Truth be told, I actually see myself as having the upper hand in that type of transactional relationship. I know how to play hard and earn lots of credits in game without using cash CM to GTN credits. The cash CM player may be relying on my GTN credit purchases for their credit flow. If their cash flow stops, their credits stop. If I stop purchasing their items, their credits stop.

Who cares how long it takes me to get treek? If i want treek instantly, who cares? If i want to earn treek via legacy and credits, who cares?

This isn't something that affects game play. It has no value. No purpose. It's fluff. Vanity. Cosmetic.. Let those that want to purchase Treek with 600cc or whatever Bioware charges for it, do it. It's none of my business how you get this fluff item. It's none of your business how i get mine.

Im sure everyone wants treek instantly, but not everyone can afford to get treek instantly. Essentially there is a divide between people who purchase instantly with CC and people who spend time earning credits.

What I'm taking issue with is the distinction you are trying to make between GTN selling a CM item and selling a subscription (which is really just another CM item). You view one as bad and the other as good when they are both essentially the same thing.

I'm thrilled that the CM system allows a player with more disposable incoming than myself to spend their cash on CM items that I can then purchase with my hard earned in game credits.

Truth be told, I actually see myself as having the upper hand in that type of transactional relationship. I know how to play hard and earn lots of credits in game without using cash CM to GTN credits. The cash CM player may be relying on my GTN credit purchases for their credit flow. If their cash flow stops, their credits stop. If I stop purchasing their items, their credits stop.

Not all of us fail to make in game credits. I think most of us want the fluff items in packs, ie troublemaker armor, some of the speeders, etc and get other stuff in the packs that are useless to us but might be of benefit to other players so we put it on the market instead of filling up our cargo holds. I easily make 560K credits a day doing dailies on my two level 55s so I have plenty of in game money, I just don't want the stuff I can't use in my cargo holds.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

Im sure everyone wants treek instantly, but not everyone can afford to get treek instantly. Essentially there is a divide between people who purchase instantly with CC and people who spend time earning credits.

And why does that matter? There's no advantage gained.

Essentially what im bummed about is that people with a lot of money pretty much pay Bioware for credits instantly, and theres people in game who may not have a lot of money (in real life) And have to spend their time in game to earn those credits.

Like I said, rewarding players with game time for actually playing is a win win for everyone.

Essentially what im bummed about is that people with a lot of money pretty much pay Bioware for credits instantly, and theres people in game who may not have a lot of money (in real life) And have to spend their time in game to earn those credits.

Like I said, rewarding players with game time for actually playing is a win win for everyone.

Huh??? Since when is 290K in one day on one level 55 character taking a lot of time to make credits.

1. They put time and effort into earning those credits, they use up their credits. It doesnt take time and effort to purchase CC and sell them for credits. Not everyone is rich and cant afford CC.

2. You can basically pay real money for the Ewok instantly, instead of playing the game, and earning those credits in game, which other people did. Not everyone is rich and can afford CC, or they can "wait a month for their monthly CC grant" but nobody wants to do that.

3. You buy PLEX, you sell PLEX for credits. People who have spent time earning credits, buy the PLEX and is rewarded with game time. With that game time that they bought for actually playing the game, they can then earn more credits to buy the Ewok. It rewards the players for actually playing, putting time and effort into the game. Its a win- win.

I could spend time and effort in-game to earn the credits to get the companion.

Or i could spend time and effort at my job and earn real cash to get the companion.

I dont see why you want to force me into doing only one of those things.

Basically your argument boils down to "its not fair because i cant afford it" which sounds kinda silly.

Ive been there, ive had no money. Hell, i even had to unsubscribe for a while because i had no money (and alot of other things that i think ive explained to you already in your little bowcaster thread).

I didnt whine about others being able to buy stuff i couldnt buy. Hell i didnt complain about not being able to play the game at all whilst others could (since it wasnt F2P back then).

I just accepted that i was in that situation at the time.

And i suggest that you do the same. If you cant afford Treek through the CM, then earn some credits in-game and get her that way.

There certainly is no P2W argument here, so its all down to "its unfair"...