The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition to make the ewok not buy able by cc

Greenify

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

THIS is THE definition of pay-to-win content!

Unfortunately the defenders will tell you its not. When it actually is, because having a healer comp and a low level can be a combat advantage in game, which means you die less. Its absolutely pay 2 win

Unfortunately the defenders will tell you its not. When it actually is, because having a healer comp and a low level can be a combat advantage in game, which means you die less. Its absolutely pay 2 win

My BH who acquired a healer companion as a very low level would like a word with you.....

Does that mean rolling a BH is P2W over say an Agent who doesnt get a healer till about level 38 (ish)?

Utter nonsense :)

Driz

It would be interesting to see if the final cost of the teddy bear is higher than the credit limit on preferred accounts. It's a million on PTS now, but the devs have said that's not going to be the final price. If the price is over the preferred limit, then the only way a non-subscriber could ever get it is via cartel market, right? Edited by DarthTHC

Personal preference, I'd rather Treek be in-game purchase rather than cartel market.

That said, it's up to the devs, and it looks like they went with 2 options. Option 1) pay a million credits. Option 2) spend CC.

No matter how you acquire Treek, having an Ewok companion does not equal "winning". At best it makes you slightly more efficient at levelling your character and your crew skills at lower levels*. This only makes you possibly more efficient, and may enable you to take on slightly harder NPCs at lower levels than you would be able to without a healer companion. Once you reach end-game, or even Hoth (Sorcs and Smugglers get their healer here), the effectiveness of Treek as a tank or healer is moot, since you already have a tank and healer companion by this point.

* (a healer companion at low levels means you won't spend as much time regenerating after each fight, having any extra companion at low levels means you can send out more companions on missions to level crew skills while still having an active companion with your character)

/signed

THIS is THE definition of pay-to-win content!

You don't know the half of it, or a quarter of it, or a twelth of it.

I would recommend you to try a game of your choice of either bigpoint or kixeye ( through facebook )

Then, please, come back here and compare an ewok to people with big wallets STEALING your resources from you. :)

Wait a minute, the argument I keep seeing is "People should have to WORK and put EFFORT into getting the Ewok!" but then they're pefectly OK with it being given for free? :rolleyes:

Are you trying to tell me that you truly don't understand their argument on this one?

You really don't see the "time & effort" to get to legacy lvl 40+ ?

You think that is just free.... ok :rolleyes:

Oh one other thing not only is it legacy lvl 40+ to get in game it's a 1 million credits.... oh yeah free again right :rolleyes:

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

Here's a thought: I make a ton of money and spend it how I see fit. Even after a mortgage, 2 car payments, and all the bills between me and the wife, if I decide to blow $250 on a game, instead of fishing or drinking, that is my business.

Also, to the OP - According to the Rules of Conduct,

I was thinking the same thing...although I usually only spend $60-$80 a month on cartel coins. (Just spent $20k on a motorcycle & $6k getting my car painted) How I spend mymoney to enjoy my Mmo experience has absolutely nothing to do with you & your experience....

--- snipped from boredom ---

On topic, I'll just add that I agree with you, however, no matter how large or small your income is.

Thanks. Regardless of the other stuff, I think we should all have a choice in the way we play. If BW is willing to provide options, I am willing to take the ones best suited for me and my situation.

To what end? Do you see it as ok to buy top end raid armor because one has loads of cash but not enough time to raid? Would it be ok to pay for a level 55 because someone doesn't have time to level but wants to play dress up? Where is the line drawn? Is there not a line for you at all? Im not bashing your opinion Im just asking sincerely how far it goes for you.

I never asked them to provide end game gear in exchange for cash, but, as long as they are offering, I would gladly pay for a 55 of each class to see them in action. I am a solo player, so I would not likely disrupt others, and I don't do FPs, OPs, or WZs. I just like to log in, flip out my saber, and play :) So, in answer, yes... there is no line and as long as BW keeps throwing items in the CM, I will continue to purchase them, cause I can.

This whole post seems to based on the fact of Play to Win, however Play to Win appears to mean different things to different people.

The Basis of the argument here is that anything bought from the Cartel Market is Play to Win as you have not earned it.

I would say that Play to Win is gaining something that gives you the edge over other players who have not bought the item, having an new companion does not give you that edge over other players as we already have companions!

I have legacy 40+ so I will be able to buy the ewok if I want, I don't own HK purely because I can't be bothered to spend hours searching for the parts, if he becomes unlock-able without doing the quests I will buy him. Is that play to win, no IMO. I just don't find standing around searching for a part interesting or a good use of my time.

Sometimes you have to understand that different people have different playing styles, it's this what makes a community interesting. Sadly most won't understand this post.

Sometimes you have to understand that different people have different playing styles, it's this what makes a community interesting. Sadly most won't understand this post.

i do understand what you're saying. i think your definition of 'p2w' leaves a big gray area. i don't think it's right to say only a small, select set of end game gear counts towards p2w. the game should appeal to a variety of different play styles, not just end game raiders, and having a ewok that actually fights at you side gives you an advantage over someone who doesn't have an ewok fighting at their side if you're leveling through planets. i understand you can just get a different companion or whatever, but still this is not a new armor color or emote, it's a part of the game with story that fights.

i think that new content should be part of the game. hk was a great example of how content can be released as part of the game. it even included an option for bioware to make money off the cartel market. toys released through the cartel market should be ancillary to the game. when the game is ignored while bioware's staff focuses on new cartel toys, anyone playing this game as a game instead of a retail shop should be upset. buying crap off the cartel market is not a game.

if you think the ewok is just a toy, then your right and it's not really p2w. the problem with that is it reinforces bioware's apparent decision to give up on the game while focusing on the cartel market. if the ewok is part of the game, and not just a toy, and you can bypass the in-game requirements to attain it buy paying for it, it's p2w in my opinion.

i believe that if the next patch has such great and expansive content that people can actually play, and can't bypass through the cartel market, a lot of this QQ will die down. unfortunately, that's a long way off, and if they did release actual content that is that good, it will be a stark difference from everything they've done since they replaced the old staff.

On one hand, the legacy system is pretty worthless and a incentive for getting that far with your legacy level should have some perks that can't be just bought regardless of what legacy lvl you are via the legacy system.

At the same time, I wouldn't mind an extra companion and I'm only at legacy lvl 19.

if you think the ewok is just a toy, then your right and it's not really p2w. the problem with that is it reinforces bioware's apparent decision to give up on the game while focusing on the cartel market. if the ewok is part of the game, and not just a toy, and you can bypass the in-game requirements to attain it buy paying for it, it's p2w in my opinion.

So HK is pay to win after you get the first one? Again in your definition, if it is part of the story you should do the whole story and not be given it. So you are "given" it after the first toon gets it for all your other characters. So HK is pay to win(or gift to win).

Sorry, Charlie, the Cartel Ewok is not pay to win.

You may argue all you want with your daffynisions.. but it remains a nice thing to get, either in game or thru the cartel, depending on play style.

I will have to respectfully disagree. I am a casual player (like a vast majority in the game) who has little time to "grind" for an "optional" companion. I fully endorse the use of the CM and have personally purchased almost $250 in Cartel Coins in the last 30 days for all of my new characters to unlock gear and legacy perks. I think Treek should be purchasable a multitude of ways INCLUDING Cartel Coins. Thanks ;)

Having little time is no reason that you should be entitled to more things without any effort. You're asking to skip content just so you can have your little vanity trinket...what's next for you? Mods? Armoring? Levels? I mean, those all take real time right? You have more important things to do with your valuable time, right? You're busy making an extra $250 to buy your stuff, you don't have time for the little things like...playing. I'm thrilled you spend $250+ in Cartel Coins...I encourage you to double your investment. Bioware will most certainly put your money to better use than you're able to.

I prefer to use my credits on actual in game stuff to improve my characters. Who are you to say I haven't earned my right to use CC to pay for this new companion. I'm Legacy Level 50 with all 8 Stories completed.

I disagree with this petition and will not be signing it.

what's next for you? Mods? Armoring? Levels? I mean, those all take real time right? You have more important things to do with your valuable time, right?

Indeed I do. And yes, if they put all of that and MORE on the Cartel Market, I would buy it as well. A coin that instantly gives me 50 levels? SOLD! End game armor already modded? SOLD! I don't have hundreds of hours to play a game, but I have hundreds of dollars to throw at a game to bring me up to speed. But, in this case, the only thing the CC is really good for is unlocking legacy perks and vanity items. So, technically, I am not really gaining any major advantage except skipping Legacy Levels to unlock my higher % bonuses for XP.

I prefer to use my credits on actual in game stuff to improve my characters. Who are you to say I haven't earned my right to use CC to pay for this new companion. I'm Legacy Level 50 with all 8 Stories completed.

I disagree with this petition and will not be signing it.

^5 to you sir :) I like that someone who has the game "handled" wants to use CC. Nice timing ;)

I know if one of those 2 things should occur, it would effectively become pay 2 win, and also my mark for leaving the game..

Why? As long as it is only PvE, it's not "Pay to WIn," right? You're not getting an advantage over another player.

Having little time is no reason that you should be entitled to more things without any effort. You're asking to skip content just so you can have your little vanity trinket...what's next for you? Mods? Armoring? Levels? I mean, those all take real time right? You have more important things to do with your valuable time, right? You're busy making an extra $250 to buy your stuff, you don't have time for the little things like...playing. I'm thrilled you spend $250+ in Cartel Coins...I encourage you to double your investment. Bioware will most certainly put your money to better use than you're able to.

Personal milestones and achievements in MMOs is moving in the direction of achieve your own way. If you want to pay cash to buy shiny bauble #42, go ahead. If you want to grind mobs for a week straight to buy shiny bauble #42, go for it.

The one thing that hasn't caught up with that direction is outside player perception of achievement. Those that grind for the bauble will think the cash player is a lazy spendthrift. The cash player will think the grinders are daft for spending so much time in game.

It's just another aspect to add to the traditional PVE vs PVP, casual vs hardcore, and RP vs non-RP arguments.

Indeed I do. And yes, if they put all of that and MORE on the Cartel Market, I would buy it as well. A coin that instantly gives me 50 levels? SOLD! End game armor already modded? SOLD! I don't have hundreds of hours to play a game, but I have hundreds of dollars to throw at a game to bring me up to speed. But, in this case, the only thing the CC is really good for is unlocking legacy perks and vanity items. So, technically, I am not really gaining any major advantage except skipping Legacy Levels to unlock my higher % bonuses for XP.

Buying your things doesn't "bring you up to speed", it gives you equal gear. I love how you justify it by suggesting you don't have "hundreds of hours to play", yet you're by far one of the biggest trolls here on the forums.

Why? As long as it is only PvE, it's not "Pay to WIn," right? You're not getting an advantage over another player.

Getting better gear is the only reason " endgame " exists , one sort of " wins " the PVE part of the game by getting full set of the gear available at the time, which for now is kell dragon.

Hence, an option buying kell dragon, would be pay 2 win.

This and also the fact that bought kell dragon gear can be used into ops to give you an advantage, something an ewok companion cannot do, since companions cannot be brought in ops, flashpoints and warzones. :)

I could just buy kell dragon if there was an option of doing so, and " winning " PVE, but what happens afterwards? nothing to do :(

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri

Getting better gear is the only reason " endgame " exists , one sort of " wins " the PVE part of the game by getting full set of the gear available at the time, which for now is kell dragon.

Hence, an option buying kell dragon, would be pay 2 win.

This and also the fact that bought kell dragon gear can be used into ops to give you an advantage, something an ewok companion cannot do, since companions cannot be brought in ops, flashpoints and warzones. :)

I could just buy kell dragon if there was an option of doing so, and " winning " PVE, but what happens afterwards? nothing to do :(

Even if you have the gear you still have to have the skill to do an operation with your new shiny gear. Without that all your winning is a beauty pagent.