SW:ToR and Love life

Aymaslappa

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are meant to be, does the infatuation have to pass? We have both had long term relationships in the past, both been married - both cases, the "infatuation" lasted a few weeks. The past 6 months we have talked in depth about everything and neither of us could be happier.

We are both in our thirties, so know what we want. Both previous marriage took place when we were 19-21 - too young to know ourselves let alone anyone else.

After talking, we have realized that we have some time or another both played the same MMOs - paths crossed more than a few times without even knowing at the time.

Sounds like the MMO version of "You've Got Mail"

I could never hook up with a girl from an MMO. Every single girl that I have seen a picture of that plays WoW/Swtor/etc.. is fat and/or ugly.

And I'm certain you're the cream of the crop. Didn't realize I was playing this game with Fabio.

I could never hook up with a girl from an MMO. Every single girl that I have seen a picture of that plays WoW/Swtor/etc.. is fat and/or ugly.

They're all fat and ugly, and you know because you keep asking for their pictures. You sound very handsome and I feel sorry for all these online girls rejected by you.

Have you ever considered they're sending you pictures of fat/ugly girls to get you to stop stalking them? :rolleyes:

now i'm curious how this works. do you have to buy a lot of companion gifts to raise affection before you start talking irl?

do you get them from the fleet vendor or craft them yourself? neither has really worked that well for me.

Just a quick question...

Has anyone met their current partner/spouse via SW:ToR?

I was living in the UK and my boyfriend was living in Chicago, IL.

We played in the same guild for a few months, then, six months ago we decided that we should meet up to see how things went. I came for a 1-2 week visit. The time together went SO well that we are now getting married next month!

So.... What are your stories?

So your getting married to a person you have known at a long distance for 6 months and only met once.

And here we have a prime example as to part of why the divorce rate is so high.

Marriage is something you only do after you have known eachother for years. PERIOD!

Edited by DarthVengeant

Marriage is something you only do after you have known each other for years. PERIOD!

i'm sure it's admirable that you view marriage this way, but i don't think it's historically correct. i would say divorce has gone up due to the fact it's allowable and socially acceptable and financially feasible.

Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an MMO's dating field is approximately 3,720 to 1.

Never tell me the odds. Also, I'm glad your here to tell us these things. Chewie! Take the professor in the back and plug him into the eHarmony MMO drive.

So your getting married to a person you have known at a long distance for 6 months and only met once.

Marriage is something you only do after you have known eachother for years. PERIOD!

Incorrect. Historically speaking, people have gotten married after months, weeks, even days of knowing each other and stayed married their whole lives. The divorce rate is high because as a society we have changed into accepting divorce, not to mention, we have decided individually that if someone is not absolutely beyond perfect for us and there's a single instance of trouble, it becomes time for us to run. We stopped working on our relationships and compromising. THAT is why divorce rates are so high.

Incorrect. Historically speaking, people have gotten married after months, weeks, even days of knowing each other and stayed married their whole lives. The divorce rate is high because as a society we have changed into accepting divorce, not to mention, we have decided individually that if someone is not absolutely beyond perfect for us and there's a single instance of trouble, it becomes time for us to run. We stopped working on our relationships and compromising. THAT is why divorce rates are so high.

yep. my grandparents got married after knowing each other a couple months and without being able to speak to other.

my granddad was in the us army, stationed over in germany after ww2, my grandma was a german who didnt know any english. they were each brought along one day to make a double date. they married a few months later (although my granddad had to go back to the us, so they didnt see each other for a months).

this year would have been their 65th anniversary.

so it can work, these days people just dont put as much committment and dedication into things

That is complete rubbish. My inlaws knew each other for 2 months before they got married, married for over 60 years. I got married after 4 months and was married for a very long time before it went bad and it went bad due to him (and no I won't get into it), not me, and he isn't a gamer and he was long distance.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

No hun, I am getting married to someone I had been talking to for 6 months (more if you count other MMOs when we did not get "personal".I then moved in with him last December.

To everyone who sent best wishes/congratulations, we both thank you all!!!

Tho those who think a year is too soon, I am truly sorry that someone has hurt you in the past to cause your pessimism, and hope that you are able to find someone who makes you feel at least something.

So, by the looks of things, does this mean we will be having the first ever SW:ToR wedding? LOL

Tho those who think a year is too soon, I am truly sorry that someone has hurt you in the past to cause your pessimism, and hope that you are able to find someone who makes you feel at least something.

Yanno, this passive aggressive dig wasn't really necessary. Particularly since your original narrative had you talking for six months, meeting in person once and then getting married.

Marriage is an institution!

Last time I lived in one of those, they shocked my head a bunch.

I'm in a great relationship now. She yells 'stop playing Star Wars and take the garbage out!'

I respond 'YOU cooked it, YOU drag it out'

Marriage is an institution!

Last time I lived in one of those, they shocked my head a bunch.

I'm in a great relationship now. She yells 'stop playing Star Wars and take the garbage out!'

I respond 'YOU cooked it, YOU drag it out'

And we have a winner in this thread. You can all go home now. Here's your trophy :sy_armor:

Congratzs OP i wish you all the best.

As for myself i have never met anyone online or in a MMO, as for those that say 6 months is to soon i disagree i know a couple who waited 5 years to get married cause they felt it was to soon, they got divorced 2 years later yet my best friend is hitched and very happy after getting married after only a year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.