Ranked "Kickball" Planning Thread

ZooMzy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is this going down? I'd love to participate.

This will be happening at 8:30 server

Imp side please see Zuhara, Juniormonk, or Cherribomb

Pub Side it would be great to see you all join in, Im not sure who will be coordinating on that side. any volunteers?? :D

also check this site out. if the participation and intrest is there I will upgrade it to a site that includes a 50 person voice chat server to help better coordinate these nights. http://bc-rank-kickball.enjin.com/

Tonights turn out was amazing, 4 teams with people still wanting in after we were queued up. We will have to work a little harder to even up the teams, the teams that lost 4 times in a row were a little frustrated to say the least. In my humble opinion the best matches are the close ones and we still need to get the pubs coordinated. Any way hope to see ya all Friday!

Don't forget to check out the web site.

http://bc-rank-kickball.enjin.com/

Thanks for the invite junior, although I only got to participate in a couple of matches they were entertaining and although we were stacked with healers (anyone telling me operatives are not the FOTM class is laughing).

I like the idea of the captains picking sides, especially the transparent mechanism that seemed to occur last night.

Over time as the captains start to know the different PVP players they will be able to balance the sides a little better so we don't get into situations where a team loses 4 times in a row and starts to get demoralized.

All in all, nice turnout and nice that some of the more established players popped in to give it a try.

Zu, I am coming for you next time :D

Thanks for the invite junior, although I only got to participate in a couple of matches they were entertaining and although we were stacked with healers (anyone telling me operatives are not the FOTM class is laughing).

Thanks also to Junior/Cherri etc. for setting this up. On the Operative heals note, we played an VS where my side had 0 kills...I literally don't remember doing a full wz with 0 kills, and I've been playing since preview. The Bluth healers and their tanks did an amazing job. We were definitely under-DPS, but not that much...

ps -- not qq-ing, just an observation

Edited by gossmanster

That was a long run last night and it was fun!

My tanksin still sucks but she got 2 new pieces of gear. :D

The feeling I got, regarding the team imbalances last night, was that a lot of people seemed impatient to queue? Sometimes we just have to stand around for a while, not in queue, and swap people.... it'll all be worth it in the end. XD And as the kickball nights continue, we can streamline the process so standing around times will decrease rapidly.

I also am thinking we should pounce on the earlier suggestion of setting up a community site that would include a 50 person Mumble (I think that's what the limit was?) for doing these so we aren't having to hijack guild voice-overs. We could also use the site to keep a list of players, their toons and the toons' roles handy. I would be willing to take on a payment at times if others are willing to take turns too. That way everyone would know ahead of time to get mumble (it's like a minute to download.) I personally like that best because you can set up a layover on your game screen that will show you who is talking and you can resize and drag the layover around wherever you want. =) ...if TS or Vent have that option then I am nub. XP

I prefer Mumble myself due to its low latency and clarity.

Doing research in the past it seems enjin offers the best prices if you setup a guild site. For instance the guild I am in we have it setup where adding an extra 50 people to the voice chat is about $10/month (we currently have 35 slots, of which we may use 10-15 max).

Maybe you could ask a friendly guild to piggy back on their server where a couple of dedicated channels can be reserved for PVP and maybe 4 trustworthy captains can be given rights on those channels. I would offer our server but I am not sure how dedicated I will be to the Kickball group as of yet and I wouldn't want to step on the GMs toes.

In my opinion Mumble > Vent > TS.

Oh we are both nubs, Cherri already got the ball rolling and posted the link on just the other page. XD And it is enjin like you mentioned, wewt! I like enjin, it's kinda like gamer/nerd fb. <_<

http://bc-rank-kickball.enjin.com/

:D

Ill upgrade the site in the morning and get the 50 person Mumble set up. we sould have it up and running before tomorrow night.

Thanks also to Junior/Cherri etc. for setting this up. On the Operative heals note, we played an VS where my side had 0 kills...I literally don't remember doing a full wz with 0 kills, and I've been playing since preview. The Bluth healers and their tanks did an amazing job. We were definitely under-DPS, but not that much...

ps -- not qq-ing, just an observation

yeah that sounds rough

I'm here. Still interested. Doesn't seem to be much interest on rep side.

Did some yesterday during the day. However, if nobody is on to organize it, its not going to happen. The Imps have multiple organizers right now.

Edited by Maelael

well.

I think this is a neat concept, and while I totally encourage it, I was very upset to hear that I could not be included. I participated in one ranked Kickball game, filling in for some people who left the game because they didn't like the unbalanced teams (lost two matches, and since teams weren't going to be "fixed", they left). The group I was in won the next game. But the opposing team refused to queue again.

I was told that in order for the other group to continue, I was not allowed to keep playing with the group, because the other team didn't want to go up against me and another replacement player. Ended up making our group dissolve because no one wanted to wait to find new people and people had to go and .. anyways.

This is really bad in my opinion. I am sorry, maybe I understand incorrectly, but when I hear "kickball"/pug groups, I take it to mean that EVERYONE is included.

If this does change, I'd love to join you guys.

Edited by SweetMegan

You wouldn't wanna be involved with this anyway. I got into it on my Imp alt and the teams were way unbalanced. I assume they started off even but as people left and players /w their friends the teams quickly became uneven, nothing was done to resolve this and when asked for people to switch the response was "nobody is available to switch out. meaning they didn't wanna go to the looser team basically.

Did some yesterday during the day. However, if nobody is on to organize it, its not going to happen. The Imps have multiple organizers right now.

I don't have time to organize. I am very busy. Just interested as an able body.