Elder Scrolls Online. Who's interested?

Ayelinna

ESOL has way better crafting model and isn't just a cut/paste shortcut to stuff.

I think it's got it's merits and I'll most likely check it out right away. Everything I've seen/heard from a friend of mine in the BETA has been pretty positive. PVP looks better, graphics are sweet and some of the crafting is very cool.

Meanwhile, endgame content? Not sure, but I hope its decent. Will be interesting to see a mage in heavy armor.

I have yet to be invited to test ESO, but from what I read and understand of the combat system, it will leave a lot of people underwhelmed. So you got your two mouse buttons, attack and block if I'm remembering correctly. But I don't know how you're going to get a lot of combinations out of a two mouse clicking combat system.

There is definately some cool things about it, but I remember WAR which had a pretty good open PVP system. I know people like open world PVP, but it doesn't sell games.

Anyways, the more I learn about it, the less excited I am to try it out. Then again, I could be wrong. Might wait for it to come out, see what people are saying about it, and if it gets a good after launch buzz I may give it a try.

Hell yeah I'm excited for it. Been a huge TES fan since the Morrowind days, and I've always dreamed of exploring it with my friends. Now I can. I've been checking their site everyday, watching everything about gameplay etc. I know it's not going to have exact like Skyrim fighting, but I'm ok with that, I'm used to the fighting changing (compare Morrowind to Skyrim). I'm more looking forward to it as an ES fan, not an MMO fan (this is my first MMO). And so far what they have shown, I think it will be great game. The only thing that is bothering me about is the factions, and the fact that only horses are going to be in it (Senche-Rahts anyone?). Other then that, it looks like it will be an amazing game.

Finally! an Elder Scroll Game I can play with other people, I have high hopes for this game, been playing Elder Scrolls since Morrowind. I hope Elder Scrolls Online is a Major breakthrough in MMOs, But I have my doubts. I do however think that it will be a great Elder Scroll game even if it isn't the "Next" big MMO.:D

Hell yeah I'm excited for it. Been a huge TES fan since the Morrowind days, and I've always dreamed of exploring it with my friends. Now I can. I've been checking their site everyday, watching everything about gameplay etc. , it looks like it will be an amazing game.
Same here, can't help checking the site a few times a day for new info. Probably going to go daggerfall covenant.:p

Ill definately check it out, I've spent thousands of hours playing elder scroll games.

Lore is the only reason though, I don't really care about the mmo part of it. If its ok as well, great, but if not, I'll just move on once all the lore has been absorbed.

Looks interesting and I'm inclined to give it a chance (maybe on consoles). My biggest concern, however, is that endgame seems focused on PvP. The Achilles Heel of open-world PvP is faction imbalance, and I'm worried that the Ebonheart Collective has two of the races that last hosted the previous three games. That makes me concerned they'll have a bit of a population advantage.

Could just be me, though.

I can't understand the hype for Wildstar more. It has really cool concepts in place. But the art style and the graphics just turn me away so badly. I have to give it a pass on that alone, I'm sorry when I want to play a child's game just to mess around in, I'll play that. But when I pick my mmos I usually want to get lost in a world that looks pretty and realistic as possible.

ESO is drawing me in so far because of that. The gameplay seems to be exactly like Skyrim but the talent system seems a bit odd, I'm not sure how well it work out for them with balance and such. Also, I hear absolutely nothing of end game or how PvP will work. This concerns me greatly as no matter what way you put it, endgame is an important part of an MMO. GW2 tried to sell itself with saying the game never ends and that you can go back and play the entire game as your endgame. However, this made for very unrewarding gameplay for most players. On top of that they promised it wouldn't be a grindfest, yet you still grind dungeons constantly in that game to get the best looking gear.

I'll remain hopeful that ESO beats out GW2 and becomes my new stay for my casual mmo as I play TOR currently as my more serious mmo. Maybe it will switch for me.

You think TOR has better graphics than Wildstar? Or are you talking aesthetics? Wildstar seems to have the same level of graphics as TOR. These are MMOs, they're not graphic heavy games (they could be, but it would likely limit their population).

Now if you just mean art style/aesthetics. That is totally subjective, but understandable. If I don't enjoy a games look, I just don't enjoy the game. Level of graphics has no baring on that. Aesthetics does.

As for ESO. It's look has no appeal to me. :/ But then Elder Scrolls look never did. I keep hearing from friends/family who love Oblivion and Skyrim to play them, but gaaaaah, hate the look of the game so much, I just can't enjoy it. :/

Though I am curious. Has ESO been hyped up as the next big MMO? I don't get on every game site/forum out there, but for the ones I am on, Wildstar seems to have a bigger hype than ESO. I'm hearing more hype for Final Fantasy: XIV, than I am for ESO.

You think TOR has better graphics than Wildstar? Or are you talking aesthetics? Wildstar seems to have the same level of graphics as TOR. These are MMOs, they're not graphic heavy games (they could be, but it would likely limit their population).

Now if you just mean art style/aesthetics. That is totally subjective, but understandable. If I don't enjoy a games look, I just don't enjoy the game. Level of graphics has no baring on that. Aesthetics does.

As for ESO. It's look has no appeal to me. :/ But then Elder Scrolls look never did. I keep hearing from friends/family who love Oblivion and Skyrim to play them, but gaaaaah, hate the look of the game so much, I just can't enjoy it. :/

Though I am curious. Has ESO been hyped up as the next big MMO? I don't get on every game site/forum out there, but for the ones I am on, Wildstar seems to have a bigger hype than ESO. I'm hearing more hype for Final Fantasy: XIV, than I am for ESO.

Yes, I meant that Wildstar look (as in art style) is too cartoony for me. I'm not into that kind of thing.

What others see as new and exciting game mechanic (such as first person view, action based targeting and combat), those very things cause me to not even try out TESO at all.

I am not psychic, but somehow I can see a forum cluttered with complaint threads, talking about people constantly jumping and moving in order to avoid a hit, the game turning into some crazy rabbit dance and a lot of complaints about hits missing due to lag, making the game totally unplayable.

(I do not claim, that any of those concerns will be even remotely valid, but that doesn't stop complainers here at SWTOR, so why should it be different at TESO ;) )

Yes, I meant that Wildstar look (as in art style) is too cartoony for me. I'm not into that kind of thing.

I understand, but it kind of bugs me that a lot of people confuse graphic/art quality with a personal dislike for the style.

And I see that in all kinds of things - animation and comics too. I've seen people point on one title that has really amazing art on every technical level but they go "ew the art sucks, but X title is way better" when the other title is actually full of all kinds of very amateurish graphical errors in perspective and proportion. I think maybe some people have an aversion to more whimsical styles because they think that automatically means it's more childish. It's just a perception, like thinking a person that speaks with a particular accent is more intelligent/educated than another based on stereotypes.

So anyway, I really can't say if I'd play any of the upcoming MMOs without experiencing them. I honestly didn't want to play SWTOR until I tried it.

Personally, TESO looks boring, and Wildstar looks fun. I like the Pixar-like art style and the fact that it's not another sword and sorcery MMO.

ESO is going to be a massive disappointment. ES fans want Skyrim multiplayer, which it most certainly is not and MMO fans want an MMO, which it most certainly is not. It's something in between and it's going to suck, hard.

I understand, but it kind of bugs me that a lot of people confuse graphic/art quality with a personal dislike for the style.

And I see that in all kinds of things - animation and comics too. I've seen people point on one title that has really amazing art on every technical level but they go "ew the art sucks, but X title is way better" when the other title is actually full of all kinds of very amateurish graphical errors in perspective and proportion. I think maybe some people have an aversion to more whimsical styles because they think that automatically means it's more childish. It's just a perception, like thinking a person that speaks with a particular accent is more intelligent/educated than another based on stereotypes.

So anyway, I really can't say if I'd play any of the upcoming MMOs without experiencing them. I honestly didn't want to play SWTOR until I tried it.

Personally, TESO looks boring, and Wildstar looks fun. I like the Pixar-like art style and the fact that it's not another sword and sorcery MMO.

Agreed to all this!

I'm planning on trying it out. I've like Elder Scrolls since Morrowind, which was my first Elder Scrolls game.

I wish they would make a First Person, Skyrim-esq, Star Wars game. Force in left hand, light saber in right....so much fun to be had. (And yes, I know that there are Star Wars mods for Skyrim, but I play on PS3 and Xbox, not on PC....plus why ruin a game with mods)

Edited by Braxxiss

Indeed, ESO is one of the many games which has years of lore to look back on, and so will be a heavily story driven game.

I think ESO will be the next best MMO, its different from games today...no clutter over the screen, first person view. SWTOR is just every other MMO out there today, with lightsabers and cartoony graphics basically. If It wasnt for the lightsabers and my love for the star wars franchise, i would never have touched this game.

You are wearing glasses with rose-colored lenses. Judging by all of the whining that you have been doing around the General Discussion forum, I can safely tell you that you will not be happy in ESO either.

You are wearing glasses with rose-colored lenses. Judging by all of the whining that you have been doing around the General Discussion forum, I can safely tell you that you will not be happy in ESO either.

Are you getting the feeling that MMOers are living with unreal expectations about games that will damage their experience in them from the start?