The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Remove vote kick

Canmore

Sometimes you need to vote kick, the other day I was doing the Esseles with four people, when one of them just stopped, I think his connections failed. Any way we did as much as we could until we had to have a conversation with an NPC, which we couldn't do because the fourth person wasn't there(we had been waiting to see if he reconnected), so we had to vote kick him, if the option wasn't there, we would have had to restart.

Having said that I have been Vote kicked before myself, not nice, but not particularly worrying.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the elitists want speed runs, and woe to anyone who might hinder them. Thanks for clearing that up.

"elitists".... you use that word as a pejorative and yet have no idea what it means. That is funny to me :D

but my argument stands if they are going to restrict people with some stuff that was implemented pre F2P it needs to go

They allow everyone to take part of the content up to level 50, when you get past that it is up to you if you want to stay in the game or not.

Doing 50+ FPs with blue gear won´t get anyone anywhere

Vote kick should not be removed by that reason

Edited by Icestar

You don't stop being a human being because you sit down behind a computer. And it's inept, not inapt.

If both jogging and walking are viable, then the person who wants to walk has the right to do so even if the majority runs. If group finder puts me in a flash point with three people who want to race through it, they can vote kick me because I don't want to race. That's the flaw in the vote kick system, because it doesn't protect the needs of the one. That was the whole point of my post in this thread, to bring to BioWare's attention that players need to be protected against unjustified or unfair vote kicks. Right now, regardless of whether a player's gear meets the flashpoint or the operations required standards, whether the player is competent or not, she can get kicked on a whim if two players agree they want rid of her. The vote kick system needs reviewing. That's the last thing I'll say about it.

Aren't players protected from unjust / unfair vote kicks by that word, "vote"? At least 2 people have to agree that the person to be kicked is a problem. Heck, I've had vote-kicks fail when the person I'm trying to kick is doing everything wrong that a DPS can possibly do wrong. That seems awfully protective to me.

(Of course, they lose their tank when they don't vote kick, but that's cool I'll get another group instantly...)

Friend of mine is repeatedly kicked from flashpoints because he is a F2P player. and because of restrictions. he can only equip level 50 blue mods . After all if anyone is not happy they have the option to leave without humiliating the guy with a game mechanic that promotes bad feelings and not enjoyable play

I have a better idea: remove group finder entirely.

At any rate, what is the point of running 50 flashpoints if you can't even equip the gear that drops from them? It seems to me that the only point is making other people miserable. If there is one person that is making it impossible to complete the flashpoint, that one person needs to be removed, else the flashpoint will never be completed. You can't accuse others of being impatient, expressly or implied, when you are not willing to have the understanding that you are at fault. Therefore, you need to put the effort into fixing the problem. Either sub, run only with people that are expressly willing to run with you, or don't run them at all.

An analogy would be getting on the freeway while riding a tricycle, complaining that all the drivers are impatient jerks, then making a thread on your DOT forums that cars need to be removed from freeways. After all, if any driver is not happy about the tricycle being there, they have the option to leave the freeway. :rolleyes:

Edited by teclado

You don't stop being a human being because you sit down behind a computer. And it's inept, not inapt.

If both jogging and walking are viable, then the person who wants to walk has the right to do so even if the majority runs. If group finder puts me in a flash point with three people who want to race through it, they can vote kick me because I don't want to race. That's the flaw in the vote kick system, because it doesn't protect the needs of the one. That was the whole point of my post in this thread, to bring to BioWare's attention that players need to be protected against unjustified or unfair vote kicks. Right now, regardless of whether a player's gear meets the flashpoint or the operations required standards, whether the player is competent or not, she can get kicked on a whim if two players agree they want rid of her. The vote kick system needs reviewing. That's the last thing I'll say about it.

Inapt is correct -- not inept.

And no, it protects the wants of the majority. WANTS -- do not confuse *want* for *need*.

When I'm running, I have the right to run. I have the right to speed past the person walking. If I'm in a group of 4 people, and 3 want to run -- we have the right to run and leave the other person behind. YOU do NOT have a right to dictate what other people want to do.

That is exactly what this is. YOU are attempting to FORCE others to do things your way. And you deserve to be kicked for that. Either everyone in the group agrees to run one way, or members are replaced until consensus can be reached. If you wanted to join my OPs group, and refused to follow our rules -- I would immediately remove you from our group. I have that right.

YOU are not special. You don't deserve protection above and beyond anyone else in this game. It is a GAME. If you are playing a Free-for-all match in a First-Person shooter -- do you think someone is going to leave you alone just because you don't want to play like that?

Edited by Kilora

Everybody has a right to enjoy the game and so do those who actually pay for it.

And you are upset because people don't want him in their team even though your friend is actually ruining other people's fun by being undergeared because he refuses to spend just a little money on this game once?

That's so messed up.

It's your friend you should be upset with. I really don't get that you defend him while he ruins the fun of 3 other people each time just so he can enjoy himself. And let's be honest...why the hell would he need to do flash points to begin with if he can't even use the rewards?

You know what alternative is already in place? Reporting the people who abuse it.

(...)

Kicking you out because you are slow is NOT abuse. Kicking you out because they don't like you is NOT abuse. Obscene language and harassment is abuse, and should be reported.

Whatever one considers abuse should be reported, exactly beause way system works, on multiple reports. If someone is rude and kicking left and right, he' probably shouldn't use GF at all.

If both jogging and walking are viable, then the person who wants to walk has the right to do so even if the majority runs.

Sure, as long as walking person doesn't slow down everyone else.

If group finder puts me in a flash point with three people who want to race through it, they can vote kick me because I don't want to race. That's the flaw in the vote kick system, because it doesn't protect the needs of the one.

They can't force you to race trough, you can't force them to not do so. You can all agree to do it one way, or agree to disagree and split group into 2. It's not flaw, it's designe where one person can't terrorize 3 others to do FP his way. It does suck when you spent 2 hours in queue, but then maybe you should follow group decision.

And kicking is better way than making that player simply quit group, because with vote kick you don't get GF lockout and can requeue instantly.

Believe it or not, ladies and gentlemen, but you can in fact clear level 50 HM FP with only blue mods and augments (properly itemized of course). Hell, you don't even need augments--people were clearing this content before augment kits were even added into the game. I know it's hard to believe, but you do not need 4 people with full Underworld\Kell Dragon gear to clear HM False Emperor or whatever FP you might have been matched to.

The only change I would like to see to vote kick is to make it require 3 votes instead of 4. It makes sense that if 3 people want to run the FP one way and the 4th does not, they should be able to kick him. But if the decision is split 2/2 it shouldn't be a quick-draw contest to get a vote kick off.

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but sometimes people DC during FPs and don't come back within a reasonable amount of time, or at all. Without a vote kick option there would be no way to get rid of them to find a replacement. Edited by Radzkie

The only change I would like to see to vote kick is to make it require 3 votes instead of 4. It makes sense that if 3 people want to run the FP one way and the 4th does not, they should be able to kick him. But if the decision is split 2/2 it shouldn't be a quick-draw contest to get a vote kick off.

It does require 3 votes. The person being kicked does not get a vote. The 3 that stay do and the majority rules. So once 2 of the 3 vote to kick, they are gone.

Friend of mine is repeatedly kicked from flashpoints because he is a F2P player. and because of restrictions. he can only equip level 50 blue mods . After all if anyone is not happy they have the option to leave without humiliating the guy with a game mechanic that promotes bad feelings and not enjoyable play
this is a multiplayer game.

if people dont want to group with you, they dont have to. people have opinions and will make decisions. deal with it or find a solo game you can enjoy.

I actually have to agree with the OP, as f2p you can do the content but cant wear the rewards. You are limited on the number of rolls per week, so if you win 1, you cant wear it, why bother with all the redtape?

The biggest reason I can respond to this is this...BIOWARE WANTS PEOPLE TO SUB. simple. So the dude wants to run FP and play game content...but He doesn't have the get. Well, he can fix that buy giving Bioware money in 2 ways (assuming his friend is a dick and wont buy him unlocks. I buy them for my friend from GTN) He can pay using CC or he can pay 14.99 a month. And honestly 14.99 is very cheap for a months worth of entertainment. He has access to a computer and internet....so there is money somewhere. "But he is just a kid and cant get a job, man!" ok, return pop cans, do chores for an allowance, do under the table jobs for neighbors (mow laws, wash cars, yard work, etc) earn money to play a cool game AND start out on a healthy way of life...working for what you have.

Or maybe he is an adult...in which case...if you don't want to pay 14.99 deal with it. Bioware really doesn't care unless you pay them, have a f2p call CS...lol. But if you are an adult and cant afford 14.99...get your *** off the computer and seriously consider making changes to your life.

I know this is wordy...and a bit jerkish. But I feel it is true.

To OP, If your friend wants to continue playing, make them sub. But help them until they do. Maybe be cool and buy him an unlock for one of his characters (remember, just one character. Not account wide one. You want him to sub.)

As far as voke kick being removed? No way, I would put money on the fact you have used it before. We all have at some point.

There be trolls....:cool:

Sorry, allowing F2p to be prevented from being kicked is so much...no.

I kick players for the following:

- (L35+ FPs only) Pulling mobs when they aren't the tank

- (L25+ FPs Only) Not healing when they have selected to be a healer.

- (L40+ FPs Only) Tanks unable to hold threat on more than one target.

- Players that disconnect for longer than 5 minutes.

- Players needing on everything, even stuff that isn't for their class (Needing on Strength Gear when they are Willpower based)

I don't want this to go away.

Believe it or not, ladies and gentlemen, but you can in fact clear level 50 HM FP with only blue mods and augments (properly itemized of course). Hell, you don't even need augments--people were clearing this content before augment kits were even added into the game. I know it's hard to believe, but you do not need 4 people with full Underworld\Kell Dragon gear to clear HM False Emperor or whatever FP you might have been matched to.

Maybe you can. And maybe I can. But the OP's "friend" obviously cannot. Again, in my extensive experience running flash points, people do not gear check upon entry. They only gear check after someone has proven to be woefully ineffective.

Hey, I vote to kick people just for not understanding the simple rule that I say....you do. I'm the healer. That means to you I am god. Without me you die.

So, if I ask you to mark my CC, or to wait while I recharge, give me a chance to heal myself or hang back because you are drawing too much of my healing you need to listen. If you don't....you need to be kicked.

I don't care if you are free or paid. If your not part of the team you are a problem and that problem needs to be fed your presence.

Just my slant. Vote kick needs to remain as it is.

Your friend can't pull his weight in the FP. That's why he's getting kicked. He can remedy that, or he can get used to not doing FPs.