So, any expansions??

mathol

So.. BioWare, when will you come out with an expansion to this game??

and im not talking about Makeb.. that was not a really expansion game for me, no expand story quest for classes and only 5 lvls and not even enough quest for getting to lvl 55 with the main quest Mekab had

Im talking/asking about/for a real expansion, where we get 10 lvls, expand of personel story questline, maybe new companions that which out one of the lesser fun or userable companions we have, add good content to the main story etc. etc. etc.

Is it just me, or are the others that want the same??

and im not talking about Makeb.. that was not a really expansion game for me, no expand story quest for classes and only 5 lvls and not even enough quest for getting to lvl 55 with the main quest Mekab had

Im talking/asking about/for a real expansion, where we get 10 lvls, expand of personel story questline, maybe new companions that which out one of the lesser fun or userable companions we have, add good content to the main story etc. etc. etc.

Thank you so much for giving us all your definition of an expansion. We were all wondering what you thought. :t_rolleyes:

Seriously, Makeb IS a real expansion. More levels, more abilities, new equipment, expanded story, etc.. Fits my definition of an expansion. Not that you asked for my opinion.

I'm not really a big fan of the 10 levels gain for expansions. Look at Wow...90. Ya its great if you only have to do it on one toon. But on a few it's a pretty time consuming. Then you have brand new alts... If they keep adding +10 levels all the time...think how long it will take you to level up your new agent to 100?! No thanks...

I've only got two 55s, and a 32 gunslinger, 20 sage on republic side. My highest imperial toon is only a level 13 Agent. So I have a lot of playing and stories left to discover, and getting to 55 seems to take a long time as it is. I'm not eager for any more +level expansions for awhile. :)

Game launched 12/2011

RotHC released 4/2013

My guess is at least 12 months between expansions. If they are of the same scale as RotHC. If they are BIGGER... 18 months is about standard. A few MMOs actually put 20-24 months between each. Since we JUST got an expac, I would say you have some time to wait. Cool your jets.

Thank you so much for giving us all your definition of an expansion. We were all wondering what you thought. :t_rolleyes:

Seriously, Makeb IS a real expansion. More levels, more abilities, new equipment, expanded story, etc.. Fits my definition of an expansion. Not that you asked for my opinion.

I agree. Makeb was, in my opinion, an expansion. It was a shame that they are concentrating more on world stories rather then class quests (Although I quiet liked Makeb's story!) but it had everything your would expect from an expansion. An extra five levels seems to be the new norm for expansions anyway.

Nothing has been confirmed so far, but rumors seem to indicate that they are planing more. EA seems very happy with the game, so that alone would make an expansion likely I think. I feel Makeb was a bit of an experiment, and a prelude story-wise, so it would not surprise me if the next expansion is bigger in both story and content.

Edited by Cyberwoman

Did ROTHC expand on the Old Republic universe? Check

Did it expand on the players progression? Check

Did it expand on the content existing within the core game? Check

Did it push the story line from the core game into a new direction? Check

You know what they say; looks like a duck, sounds like a duck........

I can't speak for everyone here but I think we're a tad smarter than the average duck :p

judging from general chat I would bet on the duck.:D

it was a expansion and was worth the money I paid.

Honestly I'm not super interested in new companions or 10 levels vs 5. But Act 5 CLASS missions? Yes please!

Did ROTHC expand on the Old Republic universe? Check

Did it expand on the players progression? Check

Did it expand on the content existing within the core game? Check

Did it push the story line from the core game into a new direction? Check

You know what they say; looks like a duck, sounds like a duck........

Yeah. Hmmm...*goes and looks at Aion which just released all that as an update* Are you sure? Hold on, let me go look more. *Check DCUO online.* Nope pretty sure you're wrong...wait let me check again *Goes back and checks City of Heroes* OMG! Strike three for you!

Oh? More of a ball, because CoH is shut down, hold on still looking *Looks at Blade & Soul with it's patches and updates.*

Wow. You're so wrong it's not even funny.

If they want to call it an expansion, sure, I can go with that, but don't kid yourself, I've seen free updates bigger than Makeb and that included level raises.

I liked RotHC...but i do think we need to progress with classes. after we are done, we are just ...floating around...til we get told to go to makeb. Will agents story be resolved, or the emperor's wrath...will they look for the emperor? Many classes seem to just end and hang there...so I am sure there is room for another expansion. Was hoping it too be soon, but realistically it wont be for awhile. So for now why can try to influence patches. So here is my idea...Swoops. nice red ones. Or Imperial Royal Guard gear....

Game launched 12/2011

RotHC released 4/2013

My guess is at least 12 months between expansions. If they are of the same scale as RotHC. If they are BIGGER... 18 months is about standard. A few MMOs actually put 20-24 months between each. Since we JUST got an expac, I would say you have some time to wait. Cool your jets.

This is why I am fine with what RotHC was. I would much rather have yearly (or more) smaller expansions than to get a large expansion ever 2 hears. It will work out to be the same (or less) cost and we will get a more steady stream of new levels.

I'm sure the dev teams are staggered so they can work on content while other teams can release content.

I wouldn't be surprised if the faction-wide stories of Makeb was just a way to buy time for other devs/writers to put together continuations of class stories for future expansions.

I wouldn't be surprised if the faction-wide stories of Makeb was just a way to buy time for other devs/writers to put together continuations of class stories for future expansions.

I agree, I don't think class stories are completely gone for good. At the very least, I think we will see more content then RotHC (I liked it, and it was good for the price).

Edited by Cyberwoman

Its hard to speculate what they plan to do at this point. There were preliminary plans laid out to expand the class stories before launch, at least some of the writers indicated they had written content for further chapters, and some companion VO was recorded post launch (this could just be companion environmental "barks" though).

On the horizon it looks like there will be a new space game added with a pvp component, and perhaps a new world story arc/planet. I would be more inclined to believe they will sell a lot of this stuff as DLC, priced like makeb. I don't think large boxed style expansions are going to happen.

I'm very pessimistic about the chance class stories will be expanded, bioware haven't given us any reason to expect them every time they have been quizzed on the topic.

Edited by Marb

This is why I am fine with what RotHC was. I would much rather have yearly (or more) smaller expansions than to get a large expansion ever 2 hears. It will work out to be the same (or less) cost and we will get a more steady stream of new levels.

How fast they turn out new expansions is determined by how much effort they're willing to put towards it, as well as how big it is.

And what many players want, they deemed to hard to continue doing, and that's class storylines.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.