OWPvP idea

Frankenseuss

It's apparent that BioWare really favors the idea of Bolster in Warzones, so we are just going to have to deal with it and find our own ways to just accept it and live with it. But, since dey likes da bolster, then this idea should really tickle them pink.

We've all been there before, you're questing on a planet, maybe you're on tattoine, just cruising on your speeder through the desert, when all of a sudden you're knocked off of your speeder and are instantly dead. You think to yourself "well son of a brick, I would definitely say them tusken raiders are able to one shot people now." Then you realize that was no group of tusken raiders, that was an imperial sniper, and a level 55 one at that. Our typical, stereotypical reactions are "have you nothing better to do than to gank people half your level?" Or "he can't kill anyone his own level so he picks on lowbies." Then there's the other side saying "cry some moar, it's a PvP server, so it's perfectly fine."

Truth is, it's not fine. PvP implies that both sides have a chance at defeating each other, and a 55 has no chance of losing to a level 28 on Tattoine. It changes from PvP to harassment, and so here's my idea on how to fix this and make these encounters much more enjoyable.

Once you are above the level range of a certain planet, once you return to that planet your level and stats are reduced to that of the max level of said planet. Example: Alderaan is a planet with the level range of 28-32, so if you are a 55 sniper, or a 55 anything, once you land on Alderaan, your stats and level are reduced to level 32. You'll still have all of your abilities and whatnot, but it levels out to a fair playing ground, and it leaves the chance that you will be punished for your shenanigans. And before I get torched with "call friends to come take care of it." I shouldn't have to get a bunch of 55s to take time out of their schedule just so I can turn in a quest.

Just my 2 cents :)

No. Suck it up. We've all been camped at some point in our gaming existence. It's easy to get past anyone. Queue for a warzone. Log off for a few minutes. Or, even better - go roll on a carebear server. Problem solved.

My 2 cents.

Moreover, I don't actively PvP on any of these lowbie planets. I find those who do willfully and repeatedly zerg lowbies to be skill-less cowards, but they are still entitled to be so on a PvP server.

Edited by islander

Are you damn serious?

You can't be suggesting some sort of lame bolster for open world...... FFS people why are you even on a PVP server

QQ QQ QQ QQ ... Hey why did everyone leave? QQ about everyone leaving.

What is seriously going on in the world... Please tell me this is sarcastic.. its sarcastic right?

Edited by Kegparty

No. Suck it up. We've all been camped at some point in our gaming existence. It's easy to get past anyone. Queue for a warzone. Log off for a few minutes. Or, even better - go roll on a carebear server. Problem solved.

My 2 cents.

Moreover, I don't actively PvP on any of these lowbie planets. I find those who do willfully and repeatedly zerg lowbies to be skill-less cowards, but they are still entitled to be so on a PvP server.

I've got ganked on lowbie planets and I took no offense to it. I understand that more times than not, the higher level player out there running around is trying to pick a fight and it is almost necessary to venture into leveling areas to do so with the way this game is designed to where PvP is only supported in the Warzones, providing little to no game designed reason for max level, PvP oriented players to cross paths. If I resubbed my account, it is one thing I would like to do myself. Pick fights and get random skirmishes going.

Clever idea, wouldn't be for it though.

I think "professional" gankers are tool boxes but it's still FFA. Lowbies getting ganked? Call in back up to kick their asses. They call in back up? We call in more, counterattack elsewhere, etc. Even with pop. imbalances I still prefer that organic way of things to a retro. cap. Can't help but think devs would goof it up also.

tl;dr? May the best or most supportive faction win encounters wherever, whenever.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Clever idea, wouldn't be for it though.

I think "professional" gankers are tool boxes but it's still FFA. Lowbies getting ganked? Call in back up to kick their assess. They call in back up? We call in more, counterattack elsewhere, etc. Even with pop. imbalances I still prefer that organic way of things to a retro. cap. Can't help but think devs would goof it up also.

tl;dr? May the best or most supportive faction win encounters wherever, whenever.

My guild did this last week. Someone called out they were getting ganked on Voss. Couple of us showed up and killed the gankers. They must have called it out and a few other 55's showed up. We brought a couple more guildies over and had some good fighting.

Being in an activate guild that actually assits its' members is a huge help and these battles are a ton of fun.

My guild did this last week. Someone called out they were getting ganked on Voss. Couple of us showed up and killed the gankers. They must have called it out and a few other 55's showed up. We brought a couple more guildies over and had some good fighting.

Being in an activate guild that actually assits its' members is a huge help and these battles are a ton of fun.

Nice, I'll take that over WZs any day.

(Gonna make a metalocalypse reference here.)

Okay you know I get really, really excited about really bad ideas when I play, and it's your job to talk me out of it.

Its simply that a bad idea. 55's could be on the planet to finish their class quests because they leveled through PvP, maybe they are there for datacrons, maybe they are there to help a guildie through a quest, whatever the reason, 55's earned the right to not be messed with and gank any lowbie they see fit along the way. Its part of the game get over it.

It's apparent that BioWare really favors the idea of Bolster in Warzones, so we are just going to have to deal with it and find our own ways to just accept it and live with it. But, since dey likes da bolster, then this idea should really tickle them pink.

We've all been there before, you're questing on a planet, maybe you're on tattoine, just cruising on your speeder through the desert, when all of a sudden you're knocked off of your speeder and are instantly dead. You think to yourself "well son of a brick, I would definitely say them tusken raiders are able to one shot people now." Then you realize that was no group of tusken raiders, that was an imperial sniper, and a level 55 one at that. Our typical, stereotypical reactions are "have you nothing better to do than to gank people half your level?" Or "he can't kill anyone his own level so he picks on lowbies." Then there's the other side saying "cry some moar, it's a PvP server, so it's perfectly fine."

Truth is, it's not fine. PvP implies that both sides have a chance at defeating each other, and a 55 has no chance of losing to a level 28 on Tattoine. It changes from PvP to harassment, and so here's my idea on how to fix this and make these encounters much more enjoyable.

Once you are above the level range of a certain planet, once you return to that planet your level and stats are reduced to that of the max level of said planet. Example: Alderaan is a planet with the level range of 28-32, so if you are a 55 sniper, or a 55 anything, once you land on Alderaan, your stats and level are reduced to level 32. You'll still have all of your abilities and whatnot, but it levels out to a fair playing ground, and it leaves the chance that you will be punished for your shenanigans. And before I get torched with "call friends to come take care of it." I shouldn't have to get a bunch of 55s to take time out of their schedule just so I can turn in a quest.

Just my 2 cents :)

I'm indifferent to this thread, just dropped in to say I like your style. Keep up the good work Frankenseuss!

Its simply that a bad idea. 55's could be on the planet to finish their class quests because they leveled through PvP, maybe they are there for datacrons, maybe they are there to help a guildie through a quest, whatever the reason, 55's earned the right to not be messed with and gank any lowbie they see fit along the way. Its part of the game get over it.

Yes sir! /salute

Consider me talked out of it and over it, sir!

On a serious note, I'm not qqing about ganks, in fact just a couple days ago I was being stalked by a 55 sniper on Alderaan (Rytheme I think his name was? Something like that). I was laughing the whole time. If run out of the outpost, and he was there, so I ran back in and the guards saw him when he chased me and ran his little butt out of there. XD I find it amusing to tell you the truth.

Yeah, the folks at 55 who truly lowbie gank aren't exactly the top of their class at PvP to begin with. Unless they are there specifically to try and take over a base - and you're just collateral damage. That happens sometimes.

Especially on Pot5, where folks try to make OP PvP work despite Bioware's bad engine.

i like most of your funny posts, but this is just flat wrong, especially the bolded.

things that would limit this kind of ganking/increase world PvP engagements? a truly global PvP channel, and the ability to travel to a PvP 'hotspot' quickly. perhaps allow a player to link something in chat (the PvP global channel perhaps?) that would allow players to right click the link and choose to travel to that players location to aid them, for a fee obviously. give it some kind of a cooldown, so you can only call/offer aid like once every 12 hours. accepting a call for aid or initiating one would both put the ability on cooldown.

that would help with a lot of the reasons OWPvP suffers in this game; its just a huge pain to get to areas where its likely to take place, and then it takes so long to get there sometimes that by the time you do arrive the fight is over.

Franken, this is the worst idea you've posted yet. Penalty box. Now. :-)

If I'm in Outlaws Den trying to get an HK part with a level 55 in full conqueror's gear (because HK is the only cool thing about the PVE game). I'm not going to stand for some level 26 LOLFarning me after the time I spent grinding the levels and gear. As it is, I have to kill all of the PVE heroes there wearing high end PVE gear that mistake my level 65 gear for campaign or something - and they always wait for the scan to start before attacking. Like that will make up for their missing 2018 expertise or something. It never does.

Bolster is bad enough with all of the bugs, I'm not going to ask them to EXPAND it. The current overworld PVP system is fine.