I have possibly some of the worst luck getting mvp votes

ReckonerH

I just had a game of huttball where I capped 3 times, assisted the other caps, and got top heals. Top damage got all the votes.

Another game, incidentally huttball again, I'm playing defense and I managed to pull back and off the endzone the enemy ball carrier multiple times in the match. Top damage gets mvp votes.

Voidstar, a crazy close game and opponents are very defensive with nobody being able to arm the bomb. Guess who does. Top damage gets mvp votes.

I know a lot of things cant be seen on the scoresheet which is what makes it hard to vote properly, but come on! Top damage getting it every time?! :(

I'd understand if I was a jerk or something to people in chat or by my playstyle but Im not! :o

Gotta start taking screenshots of this or something.

/rant

less you care about them, more you get.

I noticed that too, I had top heals? healer below me got 5 mvp

I was second healer? top healer got 5 mvp.

I scored 5 solo goals on HB? top dmg got 5 mvp

The second you stop caring (about MVP), they will come.

only exception to that, would be positioning your self during HB so every one sees that you are always positioned, spam chat 'i'm positioned left/right', and genearly be an attention wh*re, then you will get MVPs ;-)

less you care about them, more you get.

I scored 5 solo goals on HB? top dmg got 5 mvp

The second you stop caring (about MVP), they will come.

only exception to that, would be positioning your self during HB so every one sees that you are always positioned, spam chat 'i'm positioned left/right', and genearly be an attention wh*re, then you will get MVPs ;-)

Solid advice.

Also OP, no matter how good you personally do in a WZ I'm in, my MVP votes go to a guildie if I'm playing with them. It's nothing personal towards you, but my loyalty is with my guild first, top heals 2nd.

Solid advice.

Also OP, no matter how good you personally do in a WZ I'm in, my MVP votes go to a guildie if I'm playing with them. It's nothing personal towards you, but my loyalty is with my guild first, top heals 2nd.

I disagree with this. Rewarding your friends when someone else clearly did more to contribute to the WZ is pretty favoritism. Thankfully, mvp votes mean almost squat.

I disagree with this. Rewarding your friends when someone else clearly did more to contribute to the WZ is pretty favoritism. Thankfully, mvp votes mean almost squat.

/boohoo?! My friends are always the people who did the most for me by joining me. You should find some friends if it bothers you so much.

/boohoo?! My friends are always the people who did the most for me by joining me. You should find some friends if it bothers you so much.

My feelings exactly. I can't tell you how many games I've had with guildies where unless one of us was at a node it was gone. Or the other night, one guildie guarding grass, my Scoundrel healer guildie and I, VG tank, at mid keeping up a 5 vs 2 for over a minute and the pugs couldn't pull of the 5 v 3 at snow. In HB if my buddies get knocked out of position/in spawn there is no one around to pass to.

I don't understand why MVP votes are even in the game. They should at least make them mean something. The person who was the overall MVP on either team should get extra comms/credits. They could make it to where you could only vote for someone who led in one of the categories.

This is like a Murphy's Law of MVP votes for healers. If I think that the healing really made the difference in a match I'll be looking to vote for the healers. I'll be thinking, it would be nice if both those healers could get some MVP votes. Probably everyone will vote for the top healer, so I'll vote the other guy... whoops, everyone else did the same thing. Sorry top healer.

Or, I'll decide, probably everyone will be voting for second top healer, thinking along the same lines I did in the first example, so I'll vote top healer... whoops, everyone voted top. Sorry second healer.

It always happens that way! :D

Anyone wanting MVP votes is bad. They are worthless and so is the voting system.

This ^

95% of the MVP votes in a match are:

- A premade "voting up or down" so that all of them get a vote

- Someone sorting a column (usually by damage or heals) and voting for the top player

An MVP vote = 1 extra comm. Who cares? For all intents and purposes, it's meaningless except for e-peen attention whores who think they deserve a medal. Literally. If you're that bent about who gets MVP votes and who doesn't, then don't submit a vote yourself, then you can't see who got them. You're already an internet hero in your own mind anyway.

Edited by TheronFett

Yeah they should just get rid of them. People use them unjustly. And all they do is piss me off, I'm one of those people who like to be acknoledged when I do something big for the team, so more times than not it just makes me rage since people abuse the vote system. A good time in particular was during the hyper gate warzone. I came in when the game was nearly over losing by a good margin . I stealth over steal the enemies pylon with 5 sec left. If they would have had it. game over for us, but this made us last another round still slightly losing though, so I snatch pylon again and hold it for a minute and a half by myself sense players can't seem read and help. But anyways we ended up winning. Get 0 MVP vote. I say in chat. "Such an ungrateful lot if players" and exit warzone. Get a pm sayin "not my fault you suck." Because I didn't top anything and barely reached 8 medals because I came mid game and ran strait towards there pylon to win the game instead of running around trying to just farm medals. They would have lost without me taking that pylon the first time and they were just too stupid to pay attention to the one who won the game for them.

Anywho enough qqing from me lol. My opinion is to just remove it. People don't use it properly and it just gets players like me and the op to post qq threads on it. Not like you get MVP com to get special MVP gear or something it just gives you one extra wz com so keeping it around is just useless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.