Bergeren Colony Operation Dummy DPS Leaderboard

AtheistChurch

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno if we're still posting due to that glitch and whether it's been fixed, but here's a new parse:

Eliende, Combat Sentinel

I'm not entirely sure what the glitch is, but one of my relics is the clicky-power, so I think that avoids the glitch?

Edited by Arakasii

Are you using the Power Proc Relic?

It is bugged and the proc off of dmg and heals does not share a lockout.

I know you are combat but you have put points into merciless zeal which heals you when you crit on your burns.

If you want to use those relics then you can't spec into merciless zeal.

Edited by rsuhandy

Are you using the Power Proc Relic?

It is bugged and the proc off of dmg and heals does not share a lockout.

I know you are combat but you have put points into merciless zeal which heals you when you crit on your burns.

If you want to use those relics then you can't spec into merciless zeal.

Yes, I am using a power proc relic. I don't see why I cant spec into merciless zeal, other classes can take advantage of self heals(watchman and balance consulars), should we also not allow them to post here?? I do not think its is fair that watchman sentinels can fully take advantage of this ( I don't think the developers have acknowledged this as a bug). Also, the Harbinger thread has allowed this double proc.

Edit:

After more thought, I am taking down my parse. But I do think we need to address that some classes can take advantage of this bug

Edited by raidmac

Yes, I am using a power proc relic. I don't see why I cant spec into merciless zeal, other classes can take advantage of self heals(watchman and balance consulars), should we also not allow them to post here?? I do not think its is fair that watchman sentinels can fully take advantage of this ( I don't think the developers have acknowledged this as a bug). Also, the Harbinger thread has allowed this double proc.

Edit:

After more thought, I am taking down my parse. But I do think we need to address that some classes can take advantage of this bug

There is nothing wrong with putting points into merciless zeal. What you fail to realize is that you have gained power surge 16 times within a 5 min span. You got one extra power surge proc that was due to your heals when it really should have already been locked out due to being procced by dmg. It may be true the devs have not acknowledged this as a bug but it is clearly in violation of the tooltip description for the relic. Furthermore I also don't think watchman sentinels, consulars, or gunslingers should be allowed to post as well if they are using the serendipitous assault relic and are also utilizing self heals.

Here is the parse I'm referencing FYI: http://www.torparse.com/a/407310/time/1378024322/1378024623/0/Overview

Edited by rsuhandy

There is nothing wrong with putting points into merciless zeal. What you fail to realize is that you have gained power surge 16 times within a 5 min span. You got one extra power surge proc that was due to your heals when it really should have already been locked out due to being procced by dmg. It may be true the devs have not acknowledged this as a bug but it is clearly in violation of the tooltip description for the relic. Furthermore I also don't think watchman sentinels, consulars, or gunslingers should be allowed to post as well if they are using the serendipitous assault relic and are also utilizing self heals.

Here is the parse I'm referencing FYI: http://www.torparse.com/a/407310/time/1378024322/1378024623/0/Overview

I did see that I gained an extra power surge, but what i was trying to say was other classes are also taking advantage of this, and they should not be posting as well when they take advantage of the double proc

Could we perhaps include what spec people are to compare the numbers and also inform the part time DPSers like myself (I main heals, I suck at DPS) what specs I should focus on. I usually run combat sentinel or gunnery commando when I do need to bring the beef but I believe that combat sents are pretty low these days?

Combat sentinels pull some of the highest DPS numbers in the game.

Easily the highest among true melee dps with the only class that can trump them being

snipers/gunslingers and scoundrels/operatives. I'd say combat is a fairly straightforward spec to play decently but a fairly difficult one to play optimally. On our server there are probably only a few combat sentinels that actually know how to play the spec optimally. You can see who knows what they are doing by the crit% on blade storm, it should be 100% if done correctly.

Edited by rsuhandy

Well that's strange, I was under the belief that Combat spec had been overtaken by Watchman for overall DPS.

Given the numbers I'm hitting... I might just stick to heals :o

Combat definitely parses about 100-200 DPS more than watchman on the dummy. In all honesty, watchman is very difficult to use in some of the Nightmare fights in Scum and Villainy. No matter what I did, I was not able to keep stacks up during titan 6, and its also difficult to keep up for oolok and ops chief.

Combat definitely parses about 100-200 DPS more than watchman on the dummy. In all honesty, watchman is very difficult to use in some of the Nightmare fights in Scum and Villainy. No matter what I did, I was not able to keep stacks up during titan 6, and its also difficult to keep up for oolok and ops chief.

Difference is that there is no armor debuff for watchman on a dummy. Also the difference isn't 100-200 dps, and probably more like 50-75 dps. In raids assuming both specs are played optimally both should pull about the same dps assuming there is an armor debuff present.

Difference is that there is no armor debuff for watchman on a dummy. Also the difference isn't 100-200 dps, and probably more like 50-75 dps. In raids assuming both specs are played optimally both should pull about the same dps assuming there is an armor debuff present.

Though this may be true, watchman/annihilation players will have a hard time keeping up the 4 stacks of annihilation/merciless in many fights, and this is why many players doing nightmare content prefer to use combat/carnage for SV. And just speaking from personal experience, if you want to pull your weight equally, it is more beneficial to use combat. I have cleared all the nim content(minus styrak) using watchman and combat, and I pulled better numbers using combat, and I would say I understand watchman much better than I do combat.

Edited by raidmac

Though this may be true, watchman/annihilation players will have a hard time keeping up the 4 stacks of annihilation/merciless in many fights, and this is why many players doing nightmare content prefer to use combat/carnage for SV. And just speaking from personal experience, if you want to pull your weight equally, it is more beneficial to use combat. I have cleared all the nim content(minus styrak) using watchman and combat, and I pulled better numbers using combat, and I would say I understand watchman much better than I do combat.

I'd have to disagree with the "pulling your weight equally" as the two highest sentinel/marauder parses on Styrak right now are carnage (2931 dps) and annihilation (2902 dps). I would say that's pretty equal and unless you're pulling much higher than 3k dps on those fights and have the parses to prove it, I'll politely refute your claim with said evidence.

Here are the parses:

Carnage: http://www.torparse.com/a/362219/41

Annihilation: http://www.torparse.com/a/350226/16

I'd have to disagree with the "pulling your weight equally" as the two highest sentinel/marauder parses on Styrak right now are carnage (2931 dps) and annihilation (2902 dps). I would say that's pretty equal and unless you're pulling much higher than 3k dps on those fights and have the parses to prove it, I'll politely refute your claim with said evidence.

Here are the parses:

Carnage: http://www.torparse.com/a/362219/41

Annihilation: http://www.torparse.com/a/350226/16

I do not have any parses on hand, but styrak is one fight out of 7. The fights I did list earlier are difficult to pull equal or better dps on watchman.

I do not have any parses on hand, but styrak is one fight out of 7. The fights I did list earlier are difficult to pull equal or better dps on watchman.

I'd agree with Dashroode and Titan 6.

But the other ones I'd have to say no.

Thrasher I've personally never had a problem.

I've rarely loss stacks of Merciless on Olok unless it is due to an abundance of DPS between the shields coming down.

Cartel Warlords have never been a problem either.

Dashroode and Titan 6 are perfect for focus spec assuming you have other good single target dps in your raid group.

Bottom line is: Play what you like and be good at it. You can go through all nightmare content without ever learning combat/carnage as a sentinel and pull excellent dps.

Edited by rsuhandy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.