Male vs Female

Lynnx

I think you lose man points when you play a female toon no matter how you rationalize it. this is ok IF you don't mind losing a few man points. it only matters when your man card is in jeopardy..:D

BUT do you think Mr T or Chuck Norris would play a female toon?

that is why one might feel embarrassed.

/sarcasm off

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you lose man points when you play a female toon no matter how you rationalize it. this is ok IF you don't mind losing a few man points. it only matters when your man card is in jeopardy..:D

BUT do you think Mr T or Chuck Norris would play a female toon?

that is why one might feel embarrassed.

/sarcasm off

What are these "man points" you speak of? Can they be traded for one of these? :p

Hey, the dorfs in L2 are bloody epic. You want to 1v1 me? Meet my siege golems :V

well, you could go between 10 yo girl (while male is an old fart), banging double D dark elf that was bending over like she was looking for a nickle, 14 yo girl human mage and hulk hogan alike orc female who could make you squick..

even light elves putted out to much in few armours...

so... could be worse.. (that's reference to comment that games are targetted for >19 yo boys)

Edited by Atramar

I'm a guy who likes to play both male and female characters.

My problem is that I feel embarrassed if I play a female toon and use voice chat.

Does anyone else feel this way?

nope. Only way you should have any issue with this is if you're trying to pass yourself off as a female when you're not.

otherwise..no one cares

I'm a Male in Real life - but in MMO's I enjoy playing Both Male and Female Characters.

Only thing I'd probably be uncomforatable with, is actually Roleplaying a Female...

For me I tend to have some kind of character concept in my head before I create them - Some I imagine as male - some as female so I create whatever fits that particular concept I envisaged....And besides it helps balance out your legacy tree

I am currently levelling a Female Powertech - I envisiaged her as a more mature, strong, experienced, attractive, ambitious woman that will not let anything get in the way of her goals. (She is a body type 4 Miralian - I call her my 'Green Christina Hendricks') :)

I am having a lot of fun playing Her - I unlocked the Baroness title and now use that.

Seeing as she is a Baroness I decided to 'class' her up a bit - take her out of her Armour and put her in a Sophisticated Dress :)

It adds an extra layer of Satisfaction -Having her Running around the Warzones in a Dress - as a (Pretty Damn Tough and Survivable) Powertech Tank - using all those Cool Powers and Abilities to Destroy and Frustrate my opponents....There is just that extra layer of scorn there - Getting beat up by that Baroness in a dress :p

If there was a Female Body type that was more the Equivalent to the Male body type 4 - I have a great concept for a Happy-go-lucky 'Trucker' Woman Smuggler.... (Hey, Smugglers essentially Primarily Drive around and collect and deliver Cargo so I think it works) :)

My problem is that I feel embarrassed if I play a female toon and use voice chat.

Heck no, dude. I used to, but I got over that as soon as I realized that since people thought I was a girl they were nicer and more often then not i got free stuff. My chick smuggler is a little gold digger. :p

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

I tend to play male characters more than females... BECAUSE.... while leveling, I tend to mostly duo with my wife as we level together. And for some reason..... sitting at my keyboard, playing a female toon, next to my wife who is also playing a female toon, feels a little..... emasculating :p

I have four 55s and a toon about to hit 50. They are 4 males, 1 female. (The female toon is my vanguard tank, and I leveled her solo.)

THAT said...... I never feel embarrassed when playing my female toon, and people find out I am actually a male in real life. That's just silly.

Personally, no, I don't care at all.

The thing to always keep in mind when anything related to this topic comes up is that other people identify with their characters in some way while others don't in any way. Some "feel" like they are playing an image of themselves, adding their own personality traits etc into a character they play while others, like me, only cart *A* character around, completely disconnected from what he/she/it looks, talks and thinks like.

Playing a female character isn't creepy if you're male. Pretending to be a girl while doing so however is. It's creepy and pathetic and I make it a point to mention that I'm a guy immediately if the subject comes up and I make it a point not to use smileys etc that would give impression that I was a girl.

Edited by Jandi

I'm a Male in Real life - but in MMO's I enjoy playing Both Male and Female Characters.

Only thing I'd probably be uncomforatable with, is actually Roleplaying a Female...

For me I tend to have some kind of character concept in my head before I create them - Some I imagine as male - some as female so I create whatever fits that particular concept I envisaged....And besides it helps balance out your legacy tree

I am currently levelling a Female Powertech - I envisiaged her as a more mature, strong, experienced, attractive, ambitious woman that will not let anything get in the way of her goals. (She is a body type 4 Miralian - I call her my 'Green Christina Hendricks') :)

I am having a lot of fun playing Her - I unlocked the Baroness title and now use that.

Seeing as she is a Baroness I decided to 'class' her up a bit - take her out of her Armour and put her in a Sophisticated Dress :)

It adds an extra layer of Satisfaction -Having her Running around the Warzones in a Dress - as a (Pretty Damn Tough and Survivable) Powertech Tank - using all those Cool Powers and Abilities to Destroy and Frustrate my opponents....There is just that extra layer of scorn there - Getting beat up by that Baroness in a dress :p

If there was a Female Body type that was more the Equivalent to the Male body type 4 - I have a great concept for a Happy-go-lucky 'Trucker' Woman Smuggler.... (Hey, Smugglers essentially Primarily Drive around and collect and deliver Cargo so I think it works) :)

No one is checking you out in a WZ. I am way too busy trying to kill you to bother with admiring what you're wearing.

Mmm...

Interesting topic and at first did not think it of a gender of player versus alt, but actual game play, script, ability differences in the game when you play based on gender.

I am female, and I tend to play female characters, while I love to rp, I just feel weird playing a guy. On the other hand, I am perfectly fine being who I am, and must admit that I had allowed my mind to have perverted thoughts when someone asks me if I am a woman for real, and for a few devilish moments I felt like saying: Nah, I am a 300 pound guy that is related to Jaba the Hutt, ha ha ha....

Now about dress code, scanty or fully clothed. I tend to go scantilly because I like the attention, I always have been a show off, and proud of my rl body, which I don't hesitate to show it off: I work hard to keep it that way, so I deserve the adulation I get. But I do keep three sets of outfits for each alt, one is the sexy one that makes males salivate, giggles, another is a party/socialize outfit and lastly a formal outfit for important gatherings. You have no idea how much CCs, and credits I go through each week just to get the look I want, oh my goodneess, when SWTOR made new hair, colors and a way to redo your alt's look, oh my, I am so poor now!

But I will tell you, as a true role player, if you are a guy and want to walk in my shoes, er high heels, the more power to you, for it will certainly help you understand what it is like to be a woman in this world, and thus ironically making you a better man :<)

Sue

I have a couple of female toons. I play them for variety. I might dress them up in skimpy clothes for my own amusement but I don't think it's creepy.

I've seen female players do the same for male toons.

It seems that people are reading way too much into this for some reason.

I have a couple of female toons. I play them for variety. I might dress them up in skimpy clothes for my own amusement but I don't think it's creepy.

I've seen female players do the same for male toons.

It seems that people are reading way too much into this for some reason.

Yup, my marauder is eye candy for the female players, dark skinned God, and he's dressed in the relaxed vestments showing off that massive chest of his, lol.

I don't have an issue with voice chat, but I have to say, there is no way I'll admit to being a woman in General chat no matter what toon I'm playing. Every time I've seen a woman make a comment about her gender in General it gets really ugly. I would think guys would want women to feel comfortable playing games instead of driving them off.

IMO guys who like to play female characters in an MMO are weird. But do what you like. It ain't gonna hurt me none.

I don't have an issue with voice chat, but I have to say, there is no way I'll admit to being a woman in General chat no matter what toon I'm playing. Every time I've seen a woman make a comment about her gender in General it gets really ugly. I would think guys would want women to feel comfortable playing games instead of driving them off.

This. I have seen this too many times though I am wondering if they are not trolling when a female admits to being a female.

That said I only play female toons but you play what you like but remember to show a little respect for you fellow gamers and quit assuming all females that are playing are guys.

Yes there are some that are but there are also some that are actually females and by being rude and saying no female plays is wrong and shouldn't be done.

That said I only play female toons but you play what you like but remember to show a little respect for you fellow gamers and quit assuming all females that are playing are guys.

It is in no way disrespectful simply to assume that all players are guys. I assume all players are guys. I also don't care who is what.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Most of the Female PC voices turned out a lot better than the male voices (Smug particularly). Still surprised Richard Epcar got so many assorted / random character voices and didn't make a lead - clearly should have been Male Trooper or Male BH.

No way I could play through as a Male Smug. The voice is just too bad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.