Best Class for Lowbie PVP

Letsjet

I'm thinking of trying out some pvp as I've done mostly pve in this game.

What classes come to mind that get their best abilities the quickest in level?

Like I know everyone likes mara's but don't they get trashed in the beginning?

I'm thinking 1st 30 levels and all I can come up with is sage/sorc.

merc - healer spec spamming standard bounty hunter damage rotation and the AOE heal every 6 seconds = faceroll in lowbie. (it gets weaker post 30 tho by a large margin and you have to spec into a full tree)

marauder - garbage prior to 26

jug - average

sorc - good

sniper - faceroll

operative healer - not too shabby

powertech - average

assassin - pretty reasonable because of maul

From recent experience, these two advanced classes stand out:

Sage/Sorc, you can heal or dps really well in 10-29 PvP. No need to respec either because of bolstering. If you hit the heal abilities, you're heal spec. If you attack, you're DPS spec :p

Vanguard/Powertech, you can dish out massive damage in 10-29 PvP.

merc - healer spec spamming standard bounty hunter damage rotation and the AOE heal every 6 seconds = faceroll in lowbie. (it gets weaker post 30 tho by a large margin and you have to spec into a full tree)

marauder - garbage prior to 26

jug - average

sorc - good

sniper - faceroll

operative healer - not too shabby

powertech - average

assassin - pretty reasonable because of maul

Sorc, sniper, merc and powertech pretty neat to play, other classes are getting their "useful" things only few lvl short to lvl 30 or above. Merc and sorc may come out on top because they can heal as well... (had 5! mercs which threw ae heal around... was a real pain).

Vanguard/Powertech, you can dish out massive damage in 10-29 PvP.

Overall damage yes though I think sniper would win regarding single target dps because it's just sick how fast people drop.

Sniper are great since they get their execute ability so soon, they can deal a ton of damage in 10-29. The problem is, though, that they have to spam snipe quite often, and snipe eats a bunch of energy, so the energy management while waiting that your hard-hitting abilities get off cd is a little tricky.

Also, I have to say that my smash jugg (level 17 atm I think) is doing kind nicely in lowbie, though the problem quite usually is the lack of abilities healers have at this level. They just can't necessarily keep up people in the middle of a melee zerg.

Sniper are great since they get their execute ability so soon, they can deal a ton of damage in 10-29. The problem is, though, that they have to spam snipe quite often, and snipe eats a bunch of energy, so the energy management while waiting that your hard-hitting abilities get off cd is a little tricky.

Also, I have to say that my smash jugg (level 17 atm I think) is doing kind nicely in lowbie, though the problem quite usually is the lack of abilities healers have at this level. They just can't necessarily keep up people in the middle of a melee zerg.

snipers are easily counterable in 10-29 simply because they have no instants outside of snap shot snipe. a few dots will ruin snipers royally.

I'm thinking of trying out some pvp as I've done mostly pve in this game.

What classes come to mind that get their best abilities the quickest in level?

Like I know everyone likes mara's but don't they get trashed in the beginning?

I'm thinking 1st 30 levels and all I can come up with is sage/sorc.

Flavour of the month player here.

more like 'I'm getting my behind handed to me in pieces on competetive pvp, I want to pwn in lowbie pvp to get my epeen up'

LOL. Sort of like those terrible players in lowbie PvP that will run through the entire enemy team to reach the lowest level toon in the match.

Best class for lowbie PvP? Who cares unless you plan on twinking, you're not going to be in lowbie forever.

mores the pity. With bolster in place, i only could dream BW would give us a toggle to not gain xp now. all pre-55 WZs are infinitely more fun than the crap that is lvl55 pvp.

Back on topic, all classes are easy to pvp with, but the sorc, sniper and merc and sin are all really powerful from lvl 11 upwards. They get most of their hardest hitting dps really early, whereas classes like mara/jug do not really begin shine until the 30's when they unlock skills like gore, shockwave, etc.

Commando does insane damage 10-29 same as merc, went for that meself, one on one will beat all other classes if you play smart. One of the best things is tho the aoe damage can melt a whole team if they are dumb enuff to stand in one spot and not see you sneak in, just thro ur timed nade, hit em with a cyber tec quake nade to keep em there then mortar and watch em melt away, then finish em of with ur grenades forget the name of it , does a small aoe. love doing that tho dont always meet groups dumb enuff to stay in one spot :D

snipers are easily counterable in 10-29 simply because they have no instants outside of snap shot snipe. a few dots will ruin snipers royally.

Lolz 700k damage done at level 24 with my sniper. 10k followthroughs and you say they are easily counterable? Thank god we have shadows cos without them the Sniper would lube anyone and anything. Its funny to see how far you go for that broken class. Before I actually played one, I said, maybe these guys have it bad and I should see what the fuss is about. I rape EVERYONE with it!

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Back on topic, all classes are easy to pvp with, but the sorc, sniper and merc and sin are all really powerful from lvl 11 upwards.

Pretty much this.

The ranged classes all do well as most melee don't have effective counters in the early game, and the dark horse of the bunch was my lowbie sin. I was getting 10-11.2k mauls *every* match in the late 20s wearing blue gear. Lawl.

Edited by Jherad

Lolz 700k damage done at level 24 with my sniper. 10k followthroughs and you say they are easily counterable? Thank god we have shadows cos without them the Sniper would lube anyone and anything. Its funny to see how far you go for that broken class. Before I actually played one, I said, maybe these guys have it bad and I should see what the fuss is about. I rape EVERYONE with it!

Considering you don't get followthrough until 30 I'd say your just lying out your ***.

As Ambush is a 2.5 sec cast it doesn't help his point, it is pretty easy to LoS if you are a DoT class.

could also mean takedown. your guess is good as mine. unless he lied, but FT is hardly a hard hitter.

los yes, but depends on positioning (plus leg shot), and on low brackets, not many people go DoTs, as there aren't many.

Sniper, without a doubt, will wreck everyone in lowbie PvP. They get a lot of abilities early, including their 30% finisher, which a lot of classes don't get until much later on. Any Sniper worth a crap can easily put up 500-800k per match in lowbie PvP and can 1v1 any other class at that level with practically no problems. Merc and Sorc are also pretty nasty at lower levels.

Truth is, most classes don't really hit their stride until around level 30. A good player will be able to make any class work well, but at least in my opinion, a legally blind toadstool could play a Sniper in lowbies. Sniper eventually levels out and other classes catch up, but in the 10-29 bracket, he who has range is king.

Sniper, hands down.

It's blatantly OP until endgame now. Even in 30-54, but it's not comedically OP like it is in 10-29.

Most of the good melee defenses come very late in the game.

It's a well balanced class at 55, which is a somewhat rude awakening for fotm baddies who faceroll their way to 55 and then wonder why it doesn't continue.

Edited by islander

As Ambush is a 2.5 sec cast it doesn't help his point, it is pretty easy to LoS if you are a DoT class.

Not if you're MM and using it properly. The ONLY time I use ambush with that full 2.5 seconds is if my opponent is flash banged and I'm using the time to regenerate some energy because he is eating the mez.

Well that, and its great to troll sorcs/sages with their bubble. If I'm waiting to kill him, I see his channel drop to a couple seconds and I just load it up and watch him realize his death is imminent. Even if he force run flees. It's very trolly of me, I know.

Edited by islander

Sniper> all before 30. Main defense (cover) comes standard, big hitting abilities, execute, and root early on. But it's the player not the class. You can say melee is at a disadvantage and you're somewhat right, but that doesn't stop me from topping damage at level 13.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.