The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No hood toggle. Make hood-down headpieces.

This time there won't be pictorial evidence.

There are about 5 types of hood-down hoods attached to the armor in the entire game. Yes. That little. Big ones ( NPCs wearing Battlelord's, Jedi Knight Elite gear vendor, Revan's chest plate), small ones (Elite Consular gear vendor, old Sith Warrior Rakata stuff), striped ones (Sanctified Caretaker), Small one with a thing sticking out (Consular Ultimate gear, Black Hole Inquisitor) and the Valiant one.

That means it's possible to create few... No, not create. Just copy-paste what you have already. Two kinds of universal hood-down head pieces which would override the hood in a way some headbands and helmets do.

Would it be hard? Make a headpiece that appears like a hood hanging below the neck? Releasing 1-4 of such head pieces (Small, large, striped) would make a lot of people happy. Of course, we wouldn't be able to wear masks with hoods down but it's something I could pass on.

It will clip on certain pieces (cloaks, backpacks) but it won't do it on robed armor. Looking at the history, every armor that has a hood-up is designed in a way to support hood-down without it clipping. There won't be issue with colors because of color matching of you'll design it right.

It wouldn't be possible to wear helmets / masks with the hood down but it won't bother me. Masks look better with hoods up :]

Come on guys. Think of it when thinking of new cartel market updates. This would be so much better than Huttsbane rags or space janitor outfit.

This is a satisfactory solution to get our hoods down and see our Jedi's heads once again, while wearing the kind of armor we like.

PLEASE MAKE HOOD-DOWN HEADPIECES. And hood-up as well, for guys who want to wear hoods over their armor. Bounty hunters with armor and small hoods would look nice. Think of the old agent Rakata set.

Because what you guys do is just making a gear right? It would just be a new gear. Well, not new because those hood-down things exist as part of the chest pieces already. But maybe if you could "rip" them off and turn into headpieces...? With the new relaxed vestments u showed u are able to disable and leave fragments of armor (belly wrap).

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Make hoods as headpieces, just like any other head gear, between the current different hood up sets, I am sure they could find a hood which fits with minimal to no clipping on all chest pieces

Considering how little there actualy are hoods down in the game, it would be very easy to make a universal model that will fit all existing robes and armor that it is to come.

Wow. They kept saying how it's on the list and at the time around 1.2 they were confident about it by saying it should make it for 1.3. Took them long to actually say that it's impossible. :/

Giz hood down head pieces. Pls. Quick... ;'(

How about making hood slot which would allow players to equip hood up/down which would be statless, regardless of their armor? Those hoods could be programmed to override any hoods attached to the armor, like many helmets do it with hoods that are up.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Wow. They kept saying how it's on the list and at the time around 1.2 they were confident about it by saying it should make it for 1.3. Took them long to actually say that it's impossible. :/

Giz hood down head pieces. Pls. Quick... ;'(

How about making hood slot which would allow players to equip hood up/down which would be statless, regardless of their armor? Those hoods could be programmed to override any hoods attached to the armor, like many helmets do it with hoods that are up.

Why complicate things? There is no slot of this. I think it would have to go in the head slot and accept mods just like a helmet to make it work.

Why would I want to cover my glorious beard with a mask?! ;)

Obviously a true stand alone hood toogle would be the preferred method. But, being as that has been put to the way backburner, I would happily take a helm piece as a concession for something sooner. At least from a coding standpoint, it seems like it would be the easiest to implement, since they already have the models for most of the armors. As far as masks go, I personally wouldn't care to have a hood down when sporting one, but maybe I am in the minority on that ...

Can't understand that Bioware seems unable to do such a simple thing as a hood toggle, or at least provide jedi knights with hood down robes to begin with! why are all their robes having a hood up anyways? why not some with hood down? The sith warrior class has a fine balance between hood up and down robes.

I'd still like the toggle, but using a hood down as a headslot is a great solution as well.

A workable workaround - good work, AF.

Ps - you do now that certain 'circlet' pieces of headgear will knock out the hood? Not perfect (it doesn't put the hood down your back and you have to ewear a circlet, but it does allow you to get rid of the hood on certain robes.

But they also "destroy" Miraluka masks so not a good workaround for some players. Covert Head helmet would be the best temporary "hood toggle"

Edited by Pietrastor

Hell no, covert headpieces wouldn't be good either. They remove hoods entirely and the entire point of having a hood toggle is being able to turn it up/down. They can make some universal head pieces by using most common hoods they already have in the game. Most resources are there. They just got to put the stuff together so it's at least a bit done alreadey.

Hell no, covert headpieces wouldn't be good either. They remove hoods entirely and the entire point of having a hood toggle is being able to turn it up/down. They can make some universal head pieces by using most common hoods they already have in the game. Most resources are there. They just got to put the stuff together so it's at least a bit done alreadey.

Hell yes, they would be good enough for large number of players. And getting rid of hood completly (from Campaign/Dread Guard Consular design) is EXACTLY what I want.

Also, I don't want to wait months/years for real hood toggle. they can work on that and release Cover Head piece that will take approximately 10 minutes of work.