The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.2 Assassin Tank: New Dark Ward Animation

LegacyCloud

In the name of all that is holy what the hell have you done BW??? :mad:

You give with one hand by improving the dps animation, but take with the other by turning tank assassins into cartoonish pink blobs???

Seriously guys, if you have ANY respect for the gaming community and those of us who STILL PAY FOR THIS GAME please please please please please undo this. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old animation, and this new one is beyond a joke. And personally speaking, a Dark Lord of the Sith and deadly assassin should NOT go through their entire combat life as a giant pink blob! You can't even see the damn character through it for crying out loud.

So come on guys, put this right quick before you start losing subs over it. Because I promise you: you will :(

They could have done so much better than breaking apart a datacron and letting it swirl around you. Why not make it a black cloud with some lightning effects swirling like a donut instead and thats just one idea out of the hundreds we fans have. The only thing they want to find out at the PTS is if it functions properly. Not if people is satisfied with the animation. Thats my feeling anyways.

It needed a bit more texture like the shadows's animation. But i agree that the datacron idea is a little sucky.

Couldn't agree more - floating holocrons have always been much more of a Jedi Consular thing - not a Sith Assassin! lol

Now they managed to get a decent animation in place for the dps spec, but they seriously need to fix this. It makes 'sin tanks unfairly obvious targets in WZ's and in raids the character is obscured so much by the thick pink fog you can barely make out where you are actually standing :mad:

This is by way and far the most obtrusive and obstructive of the mini-buff 'bubbles'. BW please tell us this is an unintentional effect and you will be putting it right asap! A wise man once said "Don't fix it if it ain't broke" :p

I am furious. I immediately like my assassin (main) less. If you look at them closely the holocronish tiles are colored SALMON. I swear some of the developers are on the spectrum.

Simple black blobs would be a huge improvement over the current persistent animation. Even making the tiles in the current animation darker would be big. You guys like to recolor previously made models, right?

Lord Sitis looks like a damned fool because of you Bioware. Get it together.

Well both animations for the wards suck. And if you think about it, a magic shielding holocron at least makes a slight more realistic approach to increasing shield chance than surrounding oneself with rocks. (Both by the way, increase shield chance, they don't absorb by themselves).

All in all, at least Assassins feel as ridiculous as Shadows now.

Yeah, it's pretty terrible. I mean mission accomplished on making it clear when it's up or not, but damn. It completely obscures your character now and doesn't look particularly tank or assassin themed.

I'd prefer a persistent translucent barrier, something similar to the Guardian's Blade Barrier. Just color it black/purple and call it a day.

/signed

For PvP I used to switch specs between Darkness and Deception, but since 2.1 been playing more Deception, I've been wondering through the fleet looking at these purple holocron floating pieces thinking "Oh its a new Cartel Martket gimmik" but no.. after respecc'n back to Darkness I soon learnt that its a gay ability thats stuck there on the assassin. BW *** HAVE YOU DONE NOW!? Dont break somthing if its isnt broken, we could clearly see before when our Dark Charge was active and now im a sith lord that can only been seen as a flaoting pink gay blob.

Put Dark Ward back to as it was and if anything make the new pink blob cron thing it a CM toy

The fact this is still in this section is rather comical, but I'll chime in.

Recently got a chance to tank on my Imp, and noticed the new animation. It reminds of the game Scrabble, little tiles floating about. EA needs to step away from the hippie lettuce before thinking of these wondrous ideas.

You give with one hand by improving the dps animation, but take with the other by turning tank assassins into cartoonish pink blobs???

HUH?! Do you have a screenshot? I don't want to have to make an assassin tank just to find out what it looks like.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...