The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leg shot still slows me with Hydraulic Override

Individual

Leg shot is like an arrow in the knee. You can't escape it.

But seriously the leg shot of a MM sniper shouldn't slow you if you have Hydraulic Override

I sense some really bad jokes approaching... Get your shield up, matey :D

I used to be running like you... But then I took a leg shot to the knee

I have not noticed this yet but I just got my merc to 55 and the snipers in lowbies rarely use leg shot so I have yet to notice this.

You mean shroud isn't the only bugged immunity defensive?? Say it isn't so!

How many months now?

Is this intended or bugged?

I, as well as others reported this as soon as 2.0 went live. It's definitely a bug, but we have had no response on the issue. If you're a merc you can use HO for the root then cleanse the snare, but HO is supposed to prevent all movement imparting effects, so this issue was obviously overlooked.

I will add that if you already have HO active when the leg shot hits, it has no effect. The snare only happens when you activate HO after you're rooted.

Edited by Twighead

Just to clear things up:

Hydraulic overrides DOES prevent root from leg shot when active. There is NO issue.

Hyraulic overrides DOES break root from leg shot if activated after leg shot. There is NO issue.

The issue arises from a talent in sniper's Marksman tree:

Debilitating shots: When leg shot's immobilize wears off, there is a 100% chance the target's movement speed is slowed by 70% for 3 seconds.

The bolded part DOES GO THROUGH hydraulic overrides. I would assume this is a bug.

Edited by ParagonAX

Just to clear things up:

Hydraulic overrides DOES prevent root from leg shot when active. There is NO issue.

Hyraulic overrides DOES break root from leg shot if activated after leg shot. There is NO issue.

Debilitating shots: When leg shot's immobilize wears off, there is a 100% chance the target's movement speed is slowed by 70% for 3 seconds.

The bolded part DOES GO THROUGH hydraulic overrides. I would assume this is a bug.

Very nice summary!

I'm okay with this.

Hydraulic Override is a talent just given away, for existing, to any Bounty Hunter or Trooper.

The Snare added to Leg Shot, costs talent points, and is only available to Snipers that fully spec into the marksman tree.

It is currently perfect how it is preforming live.

I'm okay with this.

Hydraulic Override is a talent just given away, for existing, to any Bounty Hunter or Trooper.

The Snare added to Leg Shot, costs talent points, and is only available to Snipers that fully spec into the marksman tree.

It is currently perfect how it is preforming live.

Where does this line of thinking end? Should any talented damage ability get through Static barrier because it's a base talent for sorcs and they spent talent points on theirs?

Just to clear things up:

That sucks. Should be fixed.

I'm okay with this.

By this logic, any ranged ability that cost skill points should be immune to the increased ranged defense given to snipers when they are in cover. Any controlling effects that come via skill points should affect snipers who are entrenched.

Sure. Bring it on.

yeah, but every sniper specs MM :rolleyes: (sarcasm, but there's a grain of truth to it).

it doesn't bother me either -- evidence, I couldn't recall it specifically happening to me. htl will do its job: get me out of aoe/aoe snares, etc.

however, 100% immunity and chance to remove should trump 100% chance to apply at all times. so I won't say "working as intended" either.

yeah, but every sniper specs MM :rolleyes: (sarcasm, but there's a grain of truth to it).

it doesn't bother me either -- evidence, I couldn't recall it specifically happening to me. htl will do its job: get me out of aoe/aoe snares, etc.

however, 100% immunity and chance to remove should trump 100% chance to apply at all times. so I won't say "working as intended" either.

My experience, in 'normals' is most run lethality.