3 Weekends of Double XP - Will it stack?

Superman_AZ

We've located the answer:

Thanks for the segue! Let me blow your minds :rak_03:

My understanding of the system is that all of our boosts will multiple from the new base of 200%, so now is the perfect time to get those Legacy perks and XP boosts. I will show you why.

Let's say you planned to level during the March to Makeb entirely through... Flashpoints.

200% base experience

+25% Flashpoint Boost

+30% Flashpoint Legacy perk

*THIS BONUS DOES NOT STACK WITH RESTED EXPERIENCE

Since both of the boosts are being applied to double base XP, they are also doubled. Do you know what that means?!

+310% bonus experience! That is over triple the experience. Enjoying your leveling my friends!

TLDR, yes they stack and for the math nerds it is multiplicative on top of the new base of 200% (assuming I understood it all correctly)

-eric

Hopefully this is the same format being used on the upcoming 3 weekends :)

Edited by Superman_AZ
Found Answer To Question

If I remember correctly they did stack

That would be awesome. I have 4 or 5 of the 25% perks stacked up from missions, about 2 weeks of rested XP, and the guild bonus is at 10% since it has more than 10 different and active accounts.So if my math is accurate, I should be seeing 250%+ xp for at least a level and a half.

Edited by Superman_AZ

There are people that say it does and people that say it doesn't and some math theorycrafting around it. Fact is no one really knows. They really need to add an XP calculator into the game that lists all your various XP boosts and shows how they stack just so people aren't confused about it. Espeically if they are going to continue down the path of having 80 million different XP boosting systems.

Someone in my guild went from creating the character to level 35 in a few hours. Not sure exactly how accurate that info was, but it sounds about right since he had all the legacy buffs, XP buffs and of course the double XP weekend. However, I've heard rested experience isn't used during XP weekends which is a bit odd in my opinion. Either way, doing class quests, side quests and stage bonuses while trying to level will be much faster than PvP.

There are people that say it does and people that say it doesn't and some math theorycrafting around it. Fact is no one really knows. They really need to add an XP calculator into the game that lists all your various XP boosts and shows how they stack just so people aren't confused about it. Espeically if they are going to continue down the path of having 80 million different XP boosting systems.

hahahaha please.....if they did that it would probably kill some CM sales for those boosts because people will realize they're not getting what they think they are.

EAWare isn't going to put something in the game purposely that might lose them CM sales.

never happen.

That kinda makes sense since Rested XP is double XP. They likely use the Rested XP timer for the buff and add a date that is exactly 60 hours out for it. I wish I could get something solid from BWEA about it. I'd be curious to know what works, what doesn't. What actually stacks, and what would be wasted if used.

hahahaha please.....if they did that it would probably kill some CM sales for those boosts because people will realize they're not getting what they think they are.

EAWare isn't going to put something in the game purposely that might lose them CM sales.

never happen.

If they sell an item for real money (CC) that fails to produce the desired result because of a situation they created (Double XP weekend), they could be held up for Fraud. It is unlikely they would intentionally put themselves in that position. I'm just trying to confirm they do, in fact, stack. Otherwise, it would simply be wasted XP.

Eric or another EA rep gave a good example with math last time. The example given was if you wanted to level doing just flashpoints. I'm sure it's in the forum somewhere if you're interested on the actual numbers.

From what I remember, the XP boosts do stack, along with legacy boosts. I don't think the guild boost was active at that time, but I assume it will stack as well.

It does however turn off rested XP for the duration of the weekend. Rested state will not burn down, nor will it build up.

I thought about this last time, and I'm not sure if XP boosts typically stack with rested XP. If so, then the double XP weekend essentially gives you XP at the same rate as being rested without having to park in a cantina to rebuild rested state.

I'm trying to find the Dev post about this from last time, but I believe the total, as a subscriber (100%)+ all legacy xp boosts(35%?) + major xp boost(25%) + rested xp+ double xp = ~320%

I'll keep looking for that post and throw it up here if I find it.

That kinda makes sense since Rested XP is double XP. They likely use the Rested XP timer for the buff and add a date that is exactly 60 hours out for it. I wish I could get something solid from BWEA about it. I'd be curious to know what works, what doesn't. What actually stacks, and what would be wasted if used.

Not exactly like this. They basically just apply solid rested XP to all characters for a date range. Your previous resting XP is paused. Your XP bar turns gold while it's in affect, you can still see the green rested there, but it's no applied and it's amount doesn't grow or shrink.

Quoted from the Dev Tracker

Thanks for the segue! Let me blow your minds

My understanding of the system is that all of our boosts will multiple from the new base of 200%, so now is the perfect time to get those Legacy perks and XP boosts. I will show you why.

Let's say you planned to level during the March to Makeb entirely through... Flashpoints.

200% base experience

+25% Flashpoint Boost

Since both of the boosts are being applied to double base XP, they are also doubled. Do you know what that means?!

+310% bonus experience! That is over triple the experience. Enjoying your leveling my friends!

TLDR, yes they stack and for the math nerds it is multiplicative on top of the new base of 200% (assuming I understood it all correctly)

-eric

Edited by SteelPiranha

Thanks for the segue! Let me blow your minds :rak_03:

200% base experience

+25% Flashpoint Boost

-eric

Thanks for finding that quote. I appreciate it. I guess that sums up everything I wanted to know :) I can't wait for that Double XP to kick in :)

Just add a "level to 50" button in the CM already.

When your solution to what ails your subscription-based game is to make it even faster to consume it, you are no longer a subscription-based game. Just make it official already.

When your solution to what ails your subscription-based game is to make it even faster to consume it, you are no longer a subscription-based game. Just make it official already.

The game is very ALT dependent. For this reason, they make it easier to level those alts. It's nice to see a company that is willing to throw a bone to its players once in awhile. After 7 years in WoW, all I ever got was a little bear and a crappy XP tabard for a 7% bump. Whoopty-FREAKIN-doo. I like that BWEA tries to appeal to its players by offering something fun like this every few months. Just because it's a "cheater's shortcut" for you, does not mean we all agree. Differences of opinion and human nature at its best.

Also, if they did add a LvL 50 button to the CM, I would gladly pay 10K CCs for it :)

Edited by Superman_AZ

The game is very ALT dependent. For this reason, they make it easier to level those alts. It's nice to see a company that is willing to throw a bone to its players once in awhile. After 7 years in WoW, all I ever got was a little bear and a crappy XP tabard for a 7% bump. Whoopty-FREAKIN-doo. I like that BWEA tries to appeal to its players by offering something fun like this every few months. Just because it's a "cheater's shortcut" for you, does not mean we all agree. Differences of opinion and human nature at its best.

I understand your reasoning and that the intent of the design was to make it alt dependent, but the actual design implementation makes it one of the least alt-friendly MMO's ever. There really is NO variety between the playing experience of any class of any single faction and the differences in gameplay between the two factions are mostly cosmetic.

I understand your reasoning and that the intent of the design was to make it alt dependent, but the actual design implementation makes it one of the least alt-friendly MMO's ever. There really is NO variety between the playing experience of any class of any single faction and the differences in gameplay between the two factions are mostly cosmetic.

That's every MMO in general. There are only so many times you can play the same old material before you get tired of it. I remember years ago, this brand new RTS came out called Diablo. I could not wait to make a character and beat the game. So I made one of each, and beat it on all 3 difficulties. I haven't played since. I did the same with the Warcraft series, and the starcraft series.

The purpose of the game is to win, not to repeat it. That is what makes the MMO such a unique beast. You are paying to play a game you will never completely beat. That either makes us all very dedicated, or very silly. The very definition of insanity is repeating the same steps over and over and expecting a different result. :) Personally. I like it a little crazy and will likely only level 3 characters. A Tank, a healer, and a DPS. All Imperials since the Rep side stories seem to be lacking.

Rested xp is turned off for the duration of the weekend and is replaced by a flat 2.0x multiplier to all XP gain, as stated in the dev post linked earlier in the thread the bonuses stack to a maximum of 310% ..... 2.0 x 1.55 (the bonuses do not multiply each other and are added prior to multiplying the base 2.0x) = 3.1x xp gain

I see where you're coming from, but this game is geared more towards casual players. Casual players like things like 2xp. Myself included. I understand that a lot of the more serious players think the levelling in this game is too fast to begin with, and I agree to a certain extent. The thing is, I just don't have time for all that. Between my work and my family, I play for maybe 6 hours a week. 2xp is a welcomed thing for me because I can afford to skip those side missions that I don't care for, or have already played, and get on with the story (which is mainly why I play)

What are you crazy? They would never do that. They would add "gambling packs" that may or may not have a level 50 button. Of course you have to have super-hero status with the Cartel Market to use it. Also it binds on pickup. Also, it's a one time use. Also, your subscription is due. Isn't this game so fun????

I see where you're coming from, but this game is geared more towards casual players. Casual players like things like 2xp. Myself included. I understand that a lot of the more serious players think the levelling in this game is too fast to begin with, and I agree to a certain extent. The thing is, I just don't have time for all that. Between my work and my family, I play for maybe 6 hours a week. 2xp is a welcomed thing for me because I can afford to skip those side missions that I don't care for, or have already played, and get on with the story (which is mainly why I play)

Agreed. I have a full time job doing technical work in a Data Center, and am also starting my own business. Plus, my wife and I are closing on our very first house in 3 weeks. Needless to say, I don't have the kind of playtime I had 10 years ago (in my late 20s), so I absolutely welcome chances like this. I really want to experience end game, but I just haven't got the 20 hours a week to dedicate to the game to get up to speed. So thank you BWEA for considering us casuals in your efforts to make the game more Alt-friendly.