Rakghoul Event is NOT Returning

Screaming_Ziva

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh sarcasm, you double edged blade. We suggested that it couldn't possibly return because the plague has been contained. What are the odds, right? Truth is, we were all dripping with sarcasm, and just trying to have a bit of fun! Sorry for any resulting confusion.

So let me clarify: A resurgence of the Rakghoul plague is something we would like to do and is actually currently in the cards. But not within the near term set of updates.

Bah!! You tricked us with your pesky tricks and words!!!!

Fine, I have no choice but to set loose a whole bunch of Rakghouls on you and your team! YOU SHALL SUFFER FOR THIS!!!!!!

:rak_01::rak_02::rak_04::rak_03::rak_05::rak_06::rak_08::rak_07::rak_09:

:rak_09::rak_07::rak_08::rak_06::rak_05::rak_03::rak_04::rak_02::rak_01:

There, now you're sorry!!!! :p

Edited by chimex

I hope it doesn't. worst even ever...nothing but morons on fleet with the disease standing around waiting to blow up...and then the a-hole griefers that would run up and infect those standing at the GTN or some such.

no even should be forced on someone. Keep your stupid rakghoul event.

I hope it doesn't. worst even ever...nothing but morons on fleet with the disease standing around waiting to blow up...and then the a-hole griefers that would run up and infect those standing at the GTN or some such.

no even should be forced on someone. Keep your stupid rakghoul event.

You sir, have just earned yourself the Rakghoul sniffles :rak_09:

Edited by chimex

I"m not sure how people missed the sarcasm. You couldn't have been any more sarcastic if you tried. Thanks for the chat today. The live stuff is nice and I'd like to see it more.

Yeah... even if you just read the transcript, it was obvious. Threads like these make me lose faith in this community more than anything else on these boards.

Edit: I just read it and Dulfy's initial transcript was very incomplete so the confusion is very understandable. Ignore my admonishment...

Edited by Savej

In the cards here means it is being considers... nothing to do with Pazaak :D

Oh no, I'm pretty sure they were alluding to Rakghoul pazaak decks. They'll be out for Halloween, that's just what I heard. Along with the new Sarcasm sword.

The simple way to make the Rakghoul event not annoying for people who don't want to be forced to participate:

At the start of the event, everyone is mailed a stack of Rakghoul Vaccines that persist though death.

There, easy.

Ahh sarcasm, you double edged blade.

Aaargh. You gave away a free Double-Edged blade of Sarcasm to the livestream watchers? No fair. I have a job. Bioware hates people with jobs!

I bet the Double-Edged Sword is on the CM next week for 1200CC.

So let me clarify: A resurgence of the Rakghoul plague is something we would like to do and is actually currently in the cards.

"In the cards"? So, they've confirmed they're adding Pazaak! But they're going to ruin it by changing the rules and adding a Rakghoul card (that turns your opponents cards into +4 cards?).

ETA: Wow. Go to a couple meetings and everyone takes your jokes. Now I look like an unoriginal bastard.

Edited by Malastare

In response to DarthVengeant, crashDDL, etc... rakghoul event is returning. We know this. Follow dev tracker, it has good info. They said it won't happen for a little while though. When it does happen, I do agree with others it'd be nice if it was on another planet. I did enjoy the Tatooine setting a lot, but I'd like it on a different planet. Thinking of the other planets, none really works though. Taris cannot happen, neither can balmorra. The starter worlds and homeworlds also do not work. That leaves nar shaddaa, which doesn't work, tatooine, which it was already on, alderaan, which doesnt work, quesh, which doesnt work, hoth, which doesnt work, belsavis actually could work. I could see that happening. Voss, no. Corellia, no. Makeb, no. I've got reasons for each, most have to do with temperature or just stuff that doesn't make sense. Rakghouls on alderaan would just be dumb, they'd die in minutes on hoth because of the cold, seconds on quesh because of the toxicity... to be honest I'd love to see them make a new planet for the event. Not with all kinds of quests, dailies, story, etc. Just make an event planet. Sorta like the gree event, but it's own planet. Players can go to the planet when it's up and when it isn't (to access vendors and whatnot). A little story would be nice, a few cutscenes, a hangar for our ships to come into, and to be honest I really don't know which planet it should be. Yavin 4 has been a part of the star wars universe since way before KotOR so that's a possibility. The rakghoul ship crashes and merges with the massassi, and the ops boss of the event (like xenoanalyst was) is exar kun's spirit. Now that would be awesome. Another possibility is to have it on Manaan, but that's not a bad planet to add in an expansion so I personally wouldn't recommend killing it from the expansion list by making it an event planet. Malachor V always had some coolness to it, as well. You could create a story where a rogue sith lord, a decendant of the original sith who crafted the plague to begin with, commanded the rakghouls to wipe out everything on the planet's surface to pave the way for his rediscovery of the Trayus academy, in order to learn secrets of the Dark Side. You'd have to set the canon for the end of KotOR 2 though as I don't believe it's been decided yet. Obviously it'd have to be where they left the planet intact instead of splitting it apart completely. I wish mustafar was an option because I love the lava in this game and would love to see a lava planet but I just don't see it happening. The heat would probably kill the rakghouls off....

Look, this kind of thing would take time, that's fairly obvious. It's pretty much like making a timed daily area. Not easy. Nevertheless they've already stated rakghoul event isn't coming back for a while... in that time they could make something worth the wait, like this. I think both Yavin 4 and Malachor V would be awesome for this, but I'm sure there are many other planets which would work too. They have the time to do this, they have the ability to do this... I'd like to see it happen.

So you're saying there is a new double edged sword being added to the loot table for the rakghoul plague event called Sarcasm? Sweet. What's it look like?

It looks like a huge blade, like something you would see in manga, and it's dripping with some kind of fluid... :eek:

In response to DarthVengeant, crashDDL, etc... rakghoul event is returning. We know this. Follow dev tracker, it has good info. They said it won't happen for a little while though. When it does happen, I do agree with others it'd be nice if it was on another planet. I did enjoy the Tatooine setting a lot, but I'd like it on a different planet. Thinking of the other planets, none really works though. Taris cannot happen, neither can balmorra. The starter worlds and homeworlds also do not work. That leaves nar shaddaa, which doesn't work, tatooine, which it was already on, alderaan, which doesnt work, quesh, which doesnt work, hoth, which doesnt work, belsavis actually could work. I could see that happening. Voss, no. Corellia, no. Makeb, no. I've got reasons for each, most have to do with temperature or just stuff that doesn't make sense. Rakghouls on alderaan would just be dumb, they'd die in minutes on hoth because of the cold, seconds on quesh because of the toxicity... to be honest I'd love to see them make a new planet for the event. Not with all kinds of quests, dailies, story, etc. Just make an event planet. Sorta like the gree event, but it's own planet. Players can go to the planet when it's up and when it isn't (to access vendors and whatnot). A little story would be nice, a few cutscenes, a hangar for our ships to come into, and to be honest I really don't know which planet it should be. Yavin 4 has been a part of the star wars universe since way before KotOR so that's a possibility. The rakghoul ship crashes and merges with the massassi, and the ops boss of the event (like xenoanalyst was) is exar kun's spirit. Now that would be awesome. Another possibility is to have it on Manaan, but that's not a bad planet to add in an expansion so I personally wouldn't recommend killing it from the expansion list by making it an event planet. Malachor V always had some coolness to it, as well. You could create a story where a rogue sith lord, a decendant of the original sith who crafted the plague to begin with, commanded the rakghouls to wipe out everything on the planet's surface to pave the way for his rediscovery of the Trayus academy, in order to learn secrets of the Dark Side. You'd have to set the canon for the end of KotOR 2 though as I don't believe it's been decided yet. Obviously it'd have to be where they left the planet intact instead of splitting it apart completely. I wish mustafar was an option because I love the lava in this game and would love to see a lava planet but I just don't see it happening. The heat would probably kill the rakghouls off....

Look, this kind of thing would take time, that's fairly obvious. It's pretty much like making a timed daily area. Not easy. Nevertheless they've already stated rakghoul event isn't coming back for a while... in that time they could make something worth the wait, like this. I think both Yavin 4 and Malachor V would be awesome for this, but I'm sure there are many other planets which would work too. They have the time to do this, they have the ability to do this... I'd like to see it happen.

Holy shenanigans, I think you've redefined 'Wall o' too much frikkin' text' :eek:

You, my fellow player, have earned my respect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
"rightly so" lol

entitlement at it's finest. #mmoplayers

seriously though yeah you pay your monthly sub like most of us and yeah you have your opinion but some people on here and the stream are just children. Mistakes happen, bad times come with the good, move on.

I hope the event comes back one day!