Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on the DG NiM kill Suckafish, you guys deserve it! Now get done with the remaining 3 and you can rest!

nah man once they down the last 3 bosses they have to log on to PTS to test Nightmare SV...BW is trying to burn out all the raiders right now with live and pts content:P And yes they did make changes to SV from the first pts version.

nah man once they down the last 3 bosses they have to log on to PTS to test Nightmare SV...BW is trying to burn out all the raiders right now with live and pts content:P And yes they did make changes to SV from the first pts version.

Gotta get ready for Thrasher AKA Dread Guard version 2. Tanks get your lube ready!

Gotta get ready for Thrasher AKA Dread Guard version 2. Tanks get your lube ready!

Dread Thrasher the new combined form...there are now 3 thrashers...1 drops poisons, 1 does lightning field, 1 puts out red circles...it has a super short enrage timer and 1 shots the raid if they get cleaved

Congratulations on the DG NiM kill Suckafish, you guys deserve it! Now get done with the remaining 3 and you can rest!

haha thx, yeah we threw a few attempts at OP IX and realized we were mentally exhausted and decided to pick it back up today. Hopefully we can wrap it up before reset.

Well placed clock window... nodody can see all your lifebars. So nobody can see that some of you have more life on Dread Guard than on Operator.... skipping and farming gear ftw

Seriously?

Also do you even know how the achievement system works? Do you not see that the remaining three boss achievements are not completed?

Anyway...

Also why don't you identify yourself? What's your in-game name and guild? Or do you just like to come into the forums and falsely acuse others concealing your identity and with no proof whasoever?

Well placed clock window... nodody can see all your lifebars. So nobody can see that some of you have more life on Dread Guard than on Operator.... skipping and farming gear ftw

Easy killer. You can't go back and redo fights boss, after you skip them. And some of us have more gear set ups then just our normal one. But you can't watch their kill video they have that. So I see their kill as legit. The video is far more proof then that. Don't get mad, get glad.

only boss that would top dread thrasher is malgus riding in on TFB wielding a trident quoting "I haven't had this much fun since The Sacking of Coruscant ". just a thought

oh man that would be so awesome. Please BW take this idea and implement it on Nightmare TFB now!

Dom, I know many in your guild and like them as players and people. There is quite a bit of resentment from many of the more serious raiding guilds. They have valid reason to be upset. If there was a race to the top of Everest and halfway up one team has a helicopter pick them up and deposit them a quarter mile further up the mountain, they most likely would be first. Unfortunately nobody would consider them the winner.

We've all been begging BW to give us a challenge for over a year now. They finally provide us with ONE boss fight that is actually a challenge. And it is that ONE boss fight that is skipped with the reason given that it is mathematically impossible.:D

Well it wasn't. You guys are big boys. Just do the right thing. Nim S/V is around the corner and with it comes an opportunity at redemption. In the meantime the best thing to do would be to bow out of the competitive part of the the progression race. An action like that would certainly reflect well on the guild and its members.

Like my dad always said: "It's not the mistakes you make that define you, it's how you handle the mistakes you've made that does."

Dom, I know many in your guild and like them as players and people. There is quite a bit of resentment from many of the more serious raiding guilds. They have valid reason to be upset. If there was a race to the top of Everest and halfway up one team has a helicopter pick them up and deposit them a quarter mile further up the mountain, they most likely would be first. Unfortunately nobody would consider them the winner.

We've all been begging BW to give us a challenge for over a year now. They finally provide us with ONE boss fight that is actually a challenge. And it is that ONE boss fight that is skipped with the reason given that it is mathematically impossible.:D

Well it wasn't. You guys are big boys. Just do the right thing. Nim S/V is around the corner and with it comes an opportunity at redemption. In the meantime the best thing to do would be to bow out of the competitive part of the the progression race. An action like that would certainly reflect well on the guild and its members.

Like my dad always said: "It's not the mistakes you make that define you, it's how you handle the mistakes you've made that does."

We did absolutely nothing wrong. From the posts I have seen there arent too many guilds against it only around 5. Some guilds posted earlier in the DG thread that they too skipped. There are multiple guilds or groups on our server that did skip. They dont want to post anymore because of the vocal minority that won't get off its high horse with its holier than thou attitude. What I find interesting is that other members of these top end guilds have posted earlier saying they understood our decision to skip and now we have their members popping in forums up on their high horses pontificating about integrity. Its shameful and they should get a grip on their members asap. I feel like I shouldn't even have to defend what happened because it is common practice in all mmos.

People want to talk about raiding communities and integrity yet in this thread and others I have seen nothing but resentment, hate, and vitriol being spewed forth by the vocal minority. Shame on you, shame on all of you.

You can call it the vocal minority but that is not proven at all. The progression raiding portion of the this game is tiny. I'd say we are looking at closer to half voicing it's displeasure. We could add up the guilds running it and then see which ones are vocal. But that would probably be mathematically impossible.;)

And skipping bosses is totally understandable when it comes to encounters that are nearly impossible. That is not the case in this particular instance. It was simply the path of least resistance. No shame in wanting to grab the low hanging fruit. As small as this raiding community is it really stands out. Hence the backlash. I'm sure with Nim S/V the rules will be adjusted to address the truly shameful behavior in all of this.

Edited by SoyChulo

I feel less strongly about the boss skipping thing than some members of my guild but my annoyance with DnT is how quickly they gave up on dread guards. It seems by doing this you're wanting Bioware to release easy content, I'd be most happy if all the bosses took about 20hours of practice to clear.

Congrats Suckafish!

Feel free to finish the rest of the instance and count the legitimate kills too. :p

Nah, we're all retiring. JK we'll be going in in about 3 hours so hopefully you'll see stuff later tonight.

2nd NiM DG Council kill by SuckaFish

If anyone's having trouble getting the quality to change, try pausing then changing the quality and unpausing.

The Point is just to tell you the European Vision of DnT ... You lost your Face with giving up so early! We still havent it down after 3 evenings of 4 hour practicing but we are still on it and each day we come 1% closer to it actually at 3% wipes ;D. But i dont even know ONE European Guild that Skipped !!!

yeah and I think the biggest issue is how the point system was structered for this progression race, it was definitely structured to favor who beats the later bosses first, given the point system.....the most points going to the last boss of course. If the bosses were allowed to be skipped, the point structure would have to be completely revamped to account for it. I personally am just putting my hand over D&Ts kills and place on the spreadsheet, I'm sure others will do the same. IF however, D&T wanted to remove their last 3 boss kills and post them as they kill them after they finally defeat DG, I wouldn't be completely against that...but I'm pretty sure Iggy is over this topic.

But it's obvious to me that the point system used for this race was assuming linear progression, regardless of how anyone views what is wrong and what is right in the linear vs maze progression argument

Edited by odawgg

Let me ask One thing! Why dont we Organize a Progression Podcast of all Progression Guilds on all servers ? All the Gleads can get to know each other and there we can discuss Rules for Progression etc etc .? Edited by Crosan