When server transfer option hit, what server are the "real" PvPers going to?

Tonev

After playing with my 60th PUG today, I actually realized "Republic side" that we are out matched and outgunned due to the number of "non" experienced PvPers on this server.

No one hosts Voice chat or want to get into vent to listen for calls and in general just communicate. Now I know they are going to be bringing a server tansfer option to the game soon (only reason I made my Sentinal on server is all my toons magically was on here when I came back to game).

I guess to the point, are there any "PVP, guilds going to RP/PvP server or PvP servers when transfer hit as I would like to really improve on becaoming a PvP contender with a team that understand the importance of vent, mumble, TeamSpeak, or any other VoIP in order to effectively do WZ (I plan on doing ranked at some point and time).

Thanks,

A'bhin Soth (level 21 Jedi Sentinal).

After playing with my 60th PUG today, I actually realized "Republic side" that we are out matched and outgunned due to the number of "non" experienced PvPers on this server.

No one hosts Voice chat or want to get into vent to listen for calls and in general just communicate. Now I know they are going to be bringing a server tansfer option to the game soon (only reason I made my Sentinal on server is all my toons magically was on here when I came back to game).

I guess to the point, are there any "PVP, guilds going to RP/PvP server or PvP servers when transfer hit as I would like to really improve on becaoming a PvP contender with a team that understand the importance of vent, mumble, TeamSpeak, or any other VoIP in order to effectively do WZ (I plan on doing ranked at some point and time).

Thanks,

Are you in a guild friend? Almost all organized guilds on our server have Vent, TS3, or Mumble and are usually in voice chatting when they are PVP'ing in groups.

It's not common for people to send invites to go in and talk with them for PUG PVP groups since the warzone is over before half the people would even have it set up, and you will have a new group the next time. Sometimes for PUG Ranked teams that get assembled, or PUG raids, but definitely not random PUG PVP.

Also, its very hard to be organized in lowbie PVP. There are a lot of new players, younger players, and F2P players in there.

This is all I needed to read.

Lowbie PvP is a literal coinflip in results. Nobody knows how to play, nobody cares to know how to play, you don't have all of your abilities, and everyone is in leveling specs (if you can call it that since you only have what, 10 talent points?).

In other words, make it to the big leagues (55 bracket) before you develop an analysis of the situation. I'm willing to bet the vast majority of the players in the lowbie brackets don't even know there are official forums. >.<

It's also really not better for Imps. I know it feels sometimes like you can never win, but I can tell you from personal experience and pvping on both sides - I actually felt like I got a few more wins on Republic. Like maybe winning 3/5 instead of 2/5 on average.

Some classes are terrible at very low level as well, regardless of bolster.

Still, I would rather have a level 10 Scoundrel on my team than a level 53 Smuggler.

Yes, there are at least 2 or 3 people regularly queuing up on Republic side with no advanced class.

Edited by Jenzali

Still, I would rather have a level 10 Scoundrel on my team than a level 53 Smuggler.

Yes, there are at least 2 or 3 people regularly queuing up on Republic side with no advanced class.

There's no cure for stupid. ;)

Man, these other servers are fighting over us, aren't they? Makes me think that maybe we do have some top notch PvPers.

Or they're thinking we're really just **** talking scrubs and they want us to transfer so they can roll us. Take your pick. :p

And boy will they be surprised, lol.

I've seen that guy running around, heard he doesn't do anything useful in WZ either.

I've thought about transferring since WZ ques are supposedly much faster on pvp servers. They can be agonizingly long on Ebon Hawk. Only issue is that the transfer cost is a bit too high for my liking. If Bioware made the first character transfer free then I would seriously consider it. However, unless that changes Ebon Hawk is going to be stuck with me.

This. So much this. Though, low level scoundrel/gunslinger actually work really super well if you know what your doing. Things get easier as you go up, sure. But, far from 'bad'. You just have to learn how to be good at doing your job (DPS or Heals.) Without letting the imps see you. I suggest balconies and LoS. They are your best of friends. (And your worst of enemies, but, while super low, they are mostly just friends.)

Edited by Ordo

I REALLY thought about doing that one time lol, a lv 55 Smuggler, i still do, maybe on the 2x exp weekend :p

Edited by xxgpzxx

I REALLY thought about doing that one time lol, a lv 55 Smuggler, i still do, maybe on the 2x exp weekend :p

Maybe I should level a 55 Agent during the XP Weekend. He'd be such a good Agent that no one would ever know his AC.

Edited by Advanderer

I don't care where they go, as long as it's a PvP server. PvEers and PvPers clash a ton and PvPers seem to despise RPers with a unholy passion. It just causes unneeded drama and a simple man up and deal with the ganking that they so proudly boast about would be good on all parties. Just sick of the excuse. "My friends asked me to role here" and I'm sick of telling them to grow a back bone. Really separation of all three play styles is only way to evade conflict. Well PvPers may still an issue since they have to deal with others that may be jerks while RPers and PvEers can just ignore someone without their experience being affected.

I don't care where they go, as long as it's a PvP server. PvEers and PvPers clash a ton and PvPers seem to despise RPers with a unholy passion. It just causes unneeded drama and a simple man up and deal with the ganking that they so proudly boast about would be good on all parties. Just sick of the excuse. "My friends asked me to role here" and I'm sick of telling them to grow a back bone. Really separation of all three play styles is only way to evade conflict. Well PvPers may still an issue since they have to deal with others that may be jerks while RPers and PvEers can just ignore someone without their experience being affected.

So what you're telling me, someone who enjoys both RP AND PvP to great extent, is that I'm just ****ed.

Wow, thanks for showing me that my playstyle shouldn't exist.

Edited by Aikiyc