Cathar cartel coin cost +

Karrik--

is that supposed to be insulting? Maybe you don't care and will spend extra when its not need'd for what ever reason.

I guess you don't understand that current races can be unlocked for free if you play thru them. Why does Cathar race need a extra cost?

That's the thing. If we don't want the completely optional race, we won't spend for it. If we do want it, we will either get it with Cartel Coins or get it with in-game credits on the GTN.

It is an extra. A fufu cosmetic choice. You can either roll with it or not. It's completely optional.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's another reason Cathar cost 600 Cartel Coins.

You can make them any class, and all customization options are available to both Empire and Republic. In that sense, it functions like any other species unlock.

Therefore, it costs the same as any other species unlock. The only difference is, you need that unlock to play them at all.

They could've easily charged us maybe 1000 CC for basic access first (limited class options, separate fur colors and patterns for each faction) and then had the full unlock as a separate thing to earn or buy just like any other species. But they instead decided to let us skip a step and go straight to buying the full species unlock. So, it could've easily been worse.

Edited by nateslice

That's the thing. If we don't want the completely optional race, we won't spend for it. If we do want it, we will either get it with Cartel Coins or get it with in-game credits on the GTN.

It is an extra. A fufu cosmetic choice. You can either roll with it or not. It's completely optional.

Pretty much this. Besides Bioware can charge 1000 CC over some but ugly armor. I was pretty happy to learn that Cathar would be for 600.

And again, Bioware gives you 600 CC per month. Spend it as you will.

Snip

guess me being from everquest and getting all races available with sub fee

You get that NOW. If I remember correctly, when EQ and EQ2 started, you had to buy the expansion the race was from to get the race. Even now, the Freeblood race in EQ2 has to be purchased.

I don't understand how you charge cartel coins for Cathar race unlock.

Cartel Market for certain items is one thing, but for a race unlock?

Its 600 cartel coins for Cathar race unlock if im not mistaken. Seems kinda low. But still pointless to charge. If you are a full subscriber why don't you get the Cathar race add'd to your account?

I know others have complained about this, but this is something that soon I may not play anymore if this kind of nonsense continues.

I have been playing this game from the start, 3 weeks before beta end'd. I really enjoy the game, or at least I have enjoy'd, but after recent and long overdue changes that has messed up the game ( PVP, Continued bugs, crew skill missions/crafting issues not giving correct craft mission rewards for the time spent) the list can go on.

Developers/people in charge you are messing up a great game. There are some people that give good advice, and then just some that don't know what there asking for. ex - don't ask for cross server group finder for flashpoints or ops. It wont help... PvP it may work to cross server, but Flashpoints will just get worse for the queue.

To end here why must so much Cartel stuff be made to cost coins, or real money? We pay monthyly, and paid for last expansion ( which in a way we got ripped on) and will pay for future expanions. We shouldn't need to pay extra with cartal for legit game updates. Like Cathar race

First, it doesn't cost any more than the coins in your monthly allotment. Second, race is nothing more than a cosmetic choice that has no effect on gameplay, and therefore, does not constitute as a legitimate update. Bioware has said that cosmetics will be cartel market items. Can you come up with a legitimate reason to complain about this decision?

Snip

You get that NOW. If I remember correctly, when EQ and EQ2 started, you had to buy the expansion the race was from to get the race. Even now, the Freeblood race in EQ2 has to be purchased.

You remember it correctly. New races always came with new expansions that you had to buy.

Edited by TheBBP

You remember it correctly. New races always came with new expansions that you had to buy.

Thank you! And those expansions were a minimum of at least $30. That was in addition to the sub. I understand that a metric butt-ton of content came with it (and the subsequent bugs that EQ/EQ2 launches were plagued by), but I feel 600 CC is fair, considering SOE charges $20 for the Freeblood race on top of your sub.

If you save your free SC from your sub, it'll take you 4 months. Here, assuming you don't have a Security Key, it'll take you all of two.

Thank you! And those expansions were a minimum of at least $30. That was in addition to the sub. I understand that a metric butt-ton of content came with it (and the subsequent bugs that EQ/EQ2 launches were plagued by), but I feel 600 CC is fair, considering SOE charges $20 for the Freeblood race on top of your sub.

If you save your free SC from your sub, it'll take you 4 months. Here, assuming you don't have a Security Key, it'll take you all of two.

Until recently, the same happened in Wow. In TBC and Cata, they got two new races for about $80 ($160 for 4 new races)...

600CC is somewhere between 5 and 10 dollars worth of coins...

Well, to be fair it also says we DO get Customer Service Support. We all know how well that works. :D

Indeed. I have petitioned for help with more issues than I care to admit to and I have had fast and courteous service every time.

Any feature that's in high demand is going to have a price attached to it. People have been asking for things like the Barber Shop, name changes, etc, since launch, ie things that were in high demand, so of course they charged for those features because they knew alot of people were willing to pay for them.

This is a F2P game now, that's how the F2P model works, across virtually every F2P MMO. Go look at the in game stores for F2P MMOs like Champions Online and Star Trek Online and it's pretty obvious that the "coolest" features or things that players would want most are items you have to pay for, including species in STOs case.

How many current MMOs out there add species for free that you know of?

We shouldn't need to pay extra with cartal for legit game updates. Like Cathar race

Yes, you should especially if you want them to make more races.

But still pointless to charge.

It's not pointless.

I know others have complained about this,

and yet you felt like you had to make your own personal thread because...

but this is something that soon I may not play anymore if this kind of nonsense continues.

Oh nvm, there^ it is. Of course every time somebody decides they're going to leave the game they have make a thread about it. THAT is pointless to do btw. Why does it matter if you specifically don't like the way things work? You're one person, what kind of change or effect are you going to have on anything?

I have been playing this game from the start, 3 weeks before beta end'd. I really enjoy the game, or at least I have enjoy'd, but after recent and long overdue changes that has messed up the game ( PVP, Continued bugs, crew skill missions/crafting issues not giving correct craft mission rewards for the time spent) the list can go on.

Developers/people in charge you are messing up a great game.

You don't play other F2P MMOs do you?

To end here why must so much Cartel stuff be made to cost coins, or real money?

Seriously? The Cartel Market is their in game store. Why would put free content on their pay store? If it's free they should just include it in a patch.

If you are a full subscriber why don't you get the Cathar race add'd to your account?

We pay monthyly,

You have absolutely no clue how MMOs work do you?

Your monthly sub goes towards paying things like server fees, maintenance, patches, employee salaries, any content added for free, and until recently the licensing fee. Basically you're sub pays for all the behind the scenes work that you take for granted.

and paid for last expansion ( which in a way we got ripped on)

You mean ripped off on? How exactly? It was $10. It wasn't a $35-$40 expansion like the ones Blizzard puts out for WoW, and if that's the type of expansion you're expecting out of TOR, then keep dreaming. That chance went out the window when TOR went F2P.

and will pay for future expanions.

Wait so you got ripped on the last expansion, but you're going to pay for future expansions? GENIUS!

Cartel Market for certain items is one thing, but for a race unlock?

Its 600 cartel coins for Cathar race unlock if im not mistaken. Seems kinda low. But still pointless to charge. If you are a full subscriber why don't you get the Cathar race add'd to your account?

I know others have complained about this, but this is something that soon I may not play anymore if this kind of nonsense continues.

Developers/people in charge you are messing up a great game. There are some people that give good advice, and then just some that don't know what there asking for. ex - don't ask for cross server group finder for flashpoints or ops. It wont help... PvP it may work to cross server, but Flashpoints will just get worse for the queue.

To end here why must so much Cartel stuff be made to cost coins, or real money? We pay monthyly, and paid for last expansion ( which in a way we got ripped on) and will pay for future expanions. We shouldn't need to pay extra with cartal for legit game updates. Like Cathar race

Added* ended* enjoyed*

heh so you 2 think its ok to have Cathar race come from cartel coins?

I think subscribers should get it free, but that's my opinion and if I state my opinion on a gaming forum people will say I am complaining, so I keep my opinions to myself.

I think subscribers should get it free, but that's my opinion and if I state my opinion on a gaming forum people will say I am complaining, so I keep my opinions to myself.

The problem with this?

You ARE getting it as part of your subscription. IF you want the race, you can use ONE MONTH of a stipend to purchase it. That means part of the sub, and no extra cost.

Or, you can use the millions of credits you surely have to purchase it off of the GTN. I bought my Cathar unlock off of the GTN for 600k. Not bad at all.

yes bioware wants to make money, and the more suckers that pay extra for something that should be included in your sub is just ruining the game

Why the H should it be included in the sub? Was it there from the beginning? Nope, well then there's no reason it should be included in the sub.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

heh so you 2 think its ok to have Cathar race come from cartel coins?

Yes, especially considering the feedback they got after the F2P switch. They wanted to give subscribers extra free stuff, but MMO players are a rowdy, hypocritical bunch and can't ever agree on anything. So, instead, they give us CC so we can pick what free content we want each month.

Obviously, lots of people wanted the Cathar. A decent number of other people hated them. Putting them on the market is a good way to let the subscribers who want them get them for free (~1 month of subscription coins) while those who don't want them can spend their coins on something else. It's basically a la carte game content. I thought they turned out pretty cool, so I got them for free.

Unless you just want to flop out the: "I think they should just give me everything I want" argument.... which is both flawed and somewhat embarrassing.

Sorry chap, But you are not gonna get the answers you seek from the apologists and sycophants. In their eyes EAWare can do no wrong or should they ever be questioned.

Perhaps, now you can get a glimpse of why we have a second tier MMO.:(

Edited by Taorus

Sorry chap, But you are not gonna get the answers you seek from the apologists and sycophants. In their eyes EAWare can do no wrong or should they ever be questioned.

Perhaps, now you can get a glimpse of why we have a second tier MMO.:(

Who is apologizing?

Fact: 500 CCs MINIMUM per month, included in your subscription.

Fact: 100 CCs FREE for having the FREE mobile app, or buying the physical key.

Fact: 600 CCs for Cathar.

Fact: INCLUDED in subscription, if you want it and don't piss through all of your coins.

The problem with this?

You ARE getting it as part of your subscription. IF you want the race, you can use ONE MONTH of a stipend to purchase it. That means part of the sub, and no extra cost.

Or, you can use the millions of credits you surely have to purchase it off of the GTN. I bought my Cathar unlock off of the GTN for 600k. Not bad at all.

I don't believe I was talking to you. But I've not been playing long enough to have millions of credits. And I guess you're referring to those "complimentary" coins subscriber get? Well I've yet to receive any. I guess NOT every subscriber will get them.

My neighbor is a cleric he can legally marry you and BioWare if you'd like

I don't believe I was talking to you. But I've not been playing long enough to have millions of credits. And I guess you're referring to those "complimentary" coins subscriber get? Well I've yet to receive any. I guess NOT every subscriber will get them.

My neighbor is a cleric he can legally marry you and BioWare if you'd like

First, you were talking to the thread. Post in public, expect responses. Especially when you QQ and write illogical BS.

Really? Did you just subscribe for the first time within the last day or two?

If so, call them. EVERYONE who subscribes gets them. Judging by the 0 threads of people who aren't receiving them, there are no issues. Only takes a maximum of 72 hours for them to be added to your account.

I'm a normal human. I can school you in logic, if you'd like.

Edited by Kilora