[Theorycrafting] Sage Heal Stats

Nibbon

Sorc healing isn't my main, but I still do it quite a bit - and obviously have done a lot of discussion and study on it.

You keep claiming your casual - order and I are "hardcore" so you have tons less experience than we do in situations where you actually need good healers.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorc healing isn't my main, but I still do it quite a bit - and obviously have done a lot of discussion and study on it.

You keep claiming your casual - order and I are "hardcore" so you have tons less experience than we do in situations where you actually need good healers.

Again with the hostility, I have not called you a bad theorycrafter for not having a universal theorycrafted thread, yet you imply that b/c i am in a casual guild that I must be bad.

Again with the hostility, I have not called you a bad theorycrafter for not having a universal theorycrafted thread, yet you imply that b/c i am in a casual guild that I must be bad.

No, I assume you are bad because of what you have told us. I am saying that your casualness takes away a lot of your credibility in telling people how to stat.

No, I assume you are bad because of what you have told us. I am saying that your casualness takes away a lot of your credibility in telling people how to stat.

As I haven't really told you anything about my time playing other than that I have played in Casual guilds, and full cleared HM Ops, which is not evidence of me being bad by a long shot. I am not telling people how to stat you are doing that, I am simply trying to point out a small flaw in your theory., in that it is not universally applicable like most other theorycrafters strive for. A simply change to put % based stats in it would accomplish this instead of focusing on defending a very small flaw which would take all of 10 maybe 15 minutes to fix and make you seem less of the Hardcore A-hole which makes me shy away from those sorts of guilds. Trust me I am smart enough and good enough to make it in one of those, it's a personal choice in how I CHOOSE TO PLAY.

As I haven't really told you anything about my time playing other than that I have played in Casual guilds, and full cleared HM Ops, which is not evidence of me being bad by a long shot. I am not telling people how to stat you are doing that, I am simply trying to point out a small flaw in your theory., in that it is not universally applicable like most other theorycrafters strive for. A simply change to put % based stats in it would accomplish this instead of focusing on defending a very small flaw which would take all of 10 maybe 15 minutes to fix and make you seem less of the Hardcore A-hole which makes me shy away from those sorts of guilds. Trust me I am smart enough and good enough to make it in one of those, it's a personal choice in how I CHOOSE TO PLAY.

I'm ordinarily very patient, accepting, and not elitist. But the way you decided to present yourself and your theory was extremely obnoxious. Anyway, I don't see the need to respond to you any longer, I said what I needed to and I'm not going to argue on the forum any longer ...

Right now I am playing on my laptop and don't run TOR Parse when I do Ops, and I have stated that I will go on Ops with people, I will state now that I will not at this time nor any other upload my Combat logs to TOR Parse and add a link here to someone who wants to try and "Help" me when they can't even admit that what I am saying might actually be right for the level of gear at which I am stating it for.

I update my guide and model on a regular basis. I happily update my recommendation of BIS gear when someone raises a point that I hadn't consider or miscalculated. Instead, you're merely claiming that (1) a 50% proc chance is ineffective and suffers from RNG while (2) a 55% proc chance is effective and immune to RNG. This is absurd.

As a side note, most theorycrafters state for all levels of gear, mostly b/c of the Specs that they are talking about get Auto Crits while we Sorc Healers only get an increased Crit Chance from a buff that we consume. I am simply putting out the Crit Chance percentage for all gear levels to strive for, no need for such hostility.

Please download my model or Nibbon's and edit the relevant stats. This is a quick, straightforward exercise for a programmer like you, and will tailor the BIS recommendations to your gear level.

Edited by Orderken

I'm ordinarily very patient, accepting, and not elitist. But the way you decided to present yourself and your theory was extremely obnoxious. Anyway, I don't see the need to respond to you any longer, I said what I needed to and I'm not going to argue on the forum any longer ...

Well you have failed miserably in being accepting and non-elitist. If you have read into my text words some context which I have not put into them then I am sorry that you can't prove to be as accepting as you think that you are, but I am not sorry for attempting to help make a better thread, not now, nor will I ever be in the future.

I will admit to being arrogant with the disclaimer that my sense of honor mitigates it to such a degree that most people actually think of me as humble because I try not to beat people into the ground telling them that they are bad. Obviously you are obnoxious and arrogant enough to think that you can read a few words I put on the internet and pass an accurate judgement of my playing ability from that. Grats, you seem very accepting and non-elitist with that attitude.

I have stated that in 72 level mods you are correct that we need 0 crit chance on our gear, why is it that you can not admit that at lower levels of gear (Arkanian Basic and lower) that we should have 30% Crit Chance? Is it that you think only someone in full 72 mods deserves to know how they should be gearing up? Because if that is the case then I guess you got one thing right this isn't the thread for me, because I would rather help everyone instead of only helping the few Hardcores.

Edited by SuperGrunt

I update my guide and model on a regular basis. I happily update my recommendation of BIS gear when someone raises a point that I hadn't consider or miscalculated. Instead, you're merely claiming that (1) a 50% proc chance is ineffective and suffers from RNG while (2) a 55% proc chance is effective and immune to RNG. This is absurd.

I have never once stated, implied or any other words to that effect that it is in anyway immune. Simply that it helps, and it made me more confident in my healing, and really is it that much of a loss in HPS to add a small amount of Crit? Especially in SM/HM Ops and lower? Again why is it that in 72 level Mods you get 30% crit from Willpower yet you think that not having it at lower levels? DR doesn't hit that hard that early. My Sorc actually in half 72s with only the couple of Crit Mods from my 69s is at over 35% crit when fully buffed.

Please download my model or Nibbon's and edit the relevant stats. This is a quick, straightforward exercise for a programmer like you, and will tailor the BIS recommendations to your gear level.

Downloading your work and editing it would then be making it my work, and I would prefer not to try to claim credit for someone elses work when instead I could, and have written my own guide. It's on my guild's website. I use percentage based stats instead of hard and fast numbers, because percentages are much more universal.

why is it that in 72 level Mods you get 30% crit from Willpower yet you think that not having it at lower levels?

No, in BIS Kell Dragon gear your Critical chance is 24.86% with zero Critical on gear. This is not very different from Critical chance in lower-tier gear with zero Critical on gear, because Critical chance scales very slowly with Willpower when Willpower is in the neighborhood of 3000.

Downloading your work and editing it would then be making it my work

Be my guest. I encourage you, and everyone who uses it, to personalize it. If I didn't intend for you to edit it, I wouldn't have made it available for downloading.

Edited by Orderken

SuperGrunt has valid points and I generally support what he's saying. Though you will not have 30% crit chance with 0 rating with full 72's, it will be close to 24-25% crit chance. 2nd you should use 1 or 2 stacks, I like 2, of resplendence to cast your salvation.

Relying on spreadsheets and running encounters through spreadsheets is nice napkin math, but doesn't translate well to actual application. I don't dispute your math, rather that it's only accurate on paper. The best way in my opinion to gear a Sage/Sorc is through well balanced gear. My stats again are as follows: (with all willpower datacrons, willpower augments, buffs, stim)

Bonus Healing: 1134.7

Crit Chance: 30.18% (291 crit rating)

Crit Multiplier: 73.36 (488 surge rating)

Alacrity: 6.59% (337 alacrity rating)

Current gear is min 72's.

(75) Ear

1 (75) Implant

(75) armoring in Boots, Belt, Bracers, Gloves

4 (75) Mods

3 (75) Enhancements

1 Elite War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages

1 Dread Guard Relic of the Boundless Ages

No points in Critical from gear is generally optimal.

Neither I nor Nibbon has said or implied that Critical is "useless". Quite the opposite, in fact -- I'm always careful to say that Critical is a beneficial stat, but, in general, slightly less beneficial than Power.

These 2 statements are contradictory. No crit from gear and only having crit from buffs, stats... means you don't believe critical is a beneficial stat.

I will say through my experience, a Sage/Sorc should have around 30% crit and around the surge soft cap of 450. If you count ear and implants as enhancements, then there are 10 when combined with main set pieces. 6 surge and 4 alacrity.

I don't really know why you'd bother arguing us without having something close to BiS gear in any case. Too many much better healers (not including myself at all in this) have said no crit is the way to go for BiS gear.

We in Severity have not said that. Reniu, Triangle, and myself all run with the type of stat distribution that I suggest. Ren even has more crit rating and surge than I do.

First, thanks Orderken, for basically defending and echoing all my thoughts - otherwise I would have posted earlier. There really isn't much for me to add here and I pretty much fully agree with you.

Usually I use much discretion in choosing my words, especially on the forums. Sometimes something gets out of hand and just needs to be said by someone. No one has yet, so I will. SuperGrunt, you sound like you are just a bad healer, sorry. Have you even raided in nightmare operations? or killed any bosses in that difficulty?

Don't start telling SuperGrunt he's bad because he hasn't healed NiM content. If we want to use that methodology to dismiss what people say then the Sage Healers in Severity Gaming, which completed 16m NiM Asation and 16m NiM S&V as world first.. and world only 16m NiM TFB and Styrak at the moment of this post, can say that what Nibbon and Orderken claim, can then be disregarded because you guys haven't killed more than 6 of the 12 bosses in those 2 instances.

Edited by ArissArgile

Don't start telling SuperGrunt he's bad because he hasn't healed NiM content. If we want to use that methodology to dismiss what people say then the Sage Healers in Severity Gaming, which completed 16m NiM Asation and 16m NiM S&V as world first.. and world only 16m NiM TFB and Styrak at the moment of this post, can say that what Nibbon and Orderken claim, can then be disregarded because you guys haven't killed more than 6 of the 12 bosses in those 2 instances.

Again, I didn't call him bad because of his inexperience, but rather the way he said he heals.

I will ignore the rest because you are just trying to stroke epeen, good job to severity, I've been as civil about that as I can be, don't get started on that.

As to the way you choose to stat, you can stat slightly incorrectly - or unoptimally in this game and still find success. Someone in your guild said it right ... healing is an art - it is much more skill based than stat based, more so than any other of the roles.

edit: I wanted to add, and this is not something I've really gone into ever ... Even though the math ends up saying 6 alacrity (for mine) and 7 alacrity for the others, I still think 6 surge is the way to go. That is my preference. I still think, though, that saying you HAVE to get to 30% crit is absolutely the wrong advice.

As someone who does not yet have optimized gear, I would like to state that at no time should any Sorc have less than 30% crit when fully buffed.

I don't think actually having 30% is going to make or break you, but I do think that closer to 0 crit rating is better. But again, it is a rather small difference.

Edited by Nibbon

Relying on spreadsheets and running encounters through spreadsheets is nice napkin math, but doesn't translate well to actual application. I don't dispute your math, rather that it's only accurate on paper.

I replied in detail when you said this earlier in this thread. As before, you've offered no supporting reasoning or examples. Modeling isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's rather bold to conclude that math, wielded with skill and care, can't be a useful tool based on your own lack of training or interest.

I will say through my experience, a Sage/Sorc should have around 30% crit and around the surge soft cap of 450.

I replied to your argument supporting this build in this thread, and at length in my thread available by following the link in my signature.

These 2 statements are contradictory. No crit from gear and only having crit from buffs, stats... means you don't believe critical is a beneficial stat.

There's no contradiction. Critical is a good stat. Power, the alternative to Critical, is slightly better.

This isn't a subtle point, but, since you're struggling with it, I'll offer another example. Willpower is a good stat. The unlettered version of a Modification with balanced Willpower and Power is better than an alternative with high Willpower and low Power. Though I recommend less Willpower in the second statement, it neither contradicts the first statement nor implies that Willpower isn't good.

Though I have no issue with you scolding Nibbon for saying that SuperGrunt is a bad healer, venturing as far beyond that as you have is disgraceful. Very recent progress through NiM S&V 16 for certain guilds has nothing to do with BIS gear recommendations for healers or any individual healer's performance or gear. (You're also unaware of some of the additional NiM kills that I've healed.)

Edited by Orderken

I will state now that I will not at this time nor any other upload my Combat logs to TOR Parse and add a link here.

You may preserve your toon's anonymity by replacing its name in the log with "SuperGrunt" before uploading it. You may also PM the link to this log to me alone if you wish. There are many possible causes for running low on force, but the amount of Critical on your gear isn't among the most likely or significant.

When I healed all of HM S&V 16 the week that RotHC was released, I had my level 50 gear (which had about 250 Critical on it) and some items from level 55 Flashpoints (which gave me even more Critical). I don't believe this Critical eased force management. Though high Critical gave me a few more procs of Force Surge|Resplendence during a fight, these procs were either lost, because I already had 3 stacks, or unnecessary, because I would have had 3 stacks anyway before my next opportunity to use Consumption|Noble Sacrifice. Opportunities to stop healing for Consumption|Noble Sacrifice are, in challenging content, rarer than procs of Force Surge|Resplendence. Once you have sufficient Critical chance for Innervate|Healing Trance to proc just enough Force Surge|Resplendence stacks to serve your needs, adding Critical to gear for the sole purpose of generating even more procs isn't necessary.

Edited by Orderken

Hardcore A-hole like you seem to be trying to prove yourself to be.

Nibbon has nothing to prove to anybody.

Nib, Order and Noim this is why the good discussion only happens at the other forums.

SuperGrunt I have never met you, spoken to you or played with you. All I know about you is what you posted. From this limited amount of info to go on I cannot make my mind as to what you are actually trying to achieve. You say that you like 30% Crit and that it is your choice. The thread has stated that up to 400 rating is acceptable and can be used to suit playstyles or alleviate gearing issues but it goes to point out why taking Power instead is preferable. It does so with a wealth of theorycrafting and game experience. Your suggestion is purely gut based, based on results in HM and we do not deny that it is possible to clear HMs and even NiMs with such gear. There is no basis for it being BiS though, it is simply that BiS gear is not required (and of course it is not how else would you get it in the first place). You also claim to be from a casual guild and call us Elitist jerks, yet your signature has such a big epeen I have to be sitting back in my chair as not to have my eye poked out. We have all done nothing but try to help this class and yet we are the elitists?

I have no interest in grouping with you in any content as I do not like your personality (at least the image insofar presented).

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

Nib, Order and Noim this is why the good discussion only happens at the other forums.

I've seen the other forums and decided to post here, and not in both places, that I don't agree with them in terms of stat distribution. Mainly because I feel most players will come here before they find those other forums.

Edited by ArissArgile

I will say through my experience, a Sage/Sorc should have around 30% crit and around the surge soft cap of 450. If you count ear and implants as enhancements, then there are 10 when combined with main set pieces. 6 surge and 4 alacrity.

When you read Nibbons post, he points out that some crit isn't going to hurt you much, 200 is minimal, 400 starts to add up. You are right that you can heal all current content with 30% crit, and it is definitely not going to necessarily be a "bad" build. However, it will always reduce your HPS by some amount. Crit IS a good stat, both Nibbon and Orderken openly admit that, but it is not as good as power, and it only becomes worse and worse the more you have.

I have stated that in 72 level mods you are correct that we need 0 crit chance on our gear, why is it that you can not admit that at lower levels of gear (Arkanian Basic and lower) that we should have 30% Crit Chance? Is it that you think only someone in full 72 mods deserves to know how they should be gearing up? Because if that is the case then I guess you got one thing right this isn't the thread for me, because I would rather help everyone instead of only helping the few Hardcores.

This is just entirely wrong, and you don't seem to understand how crit works. Power is a static upgrade at all times, crit is a percentage upgrade at all times. You have it completely backwards in this post, because at higher levels crit WILL become useful. You see DPS are starting to want 1 crit mod for BiS at Kell Dragon, and as the gear goes up it will become more and more useful. At 69s it is definite that you should have 0 crit though. As Nibbon states in his OP, 400 crit in 72s lowers effective HPS by .92% and in 75s by .76%.

While gearing up it is ok to get some crit, I personally will take some crit alacrity or crit/surge enhancements as long as it keeps my crit rating below 100-150. They are way easier to get, and if you get a Kell Dragon, it will be an upgrade over a power 69 enhancement I would like to believe. It is not BiS, but with the difficulty of getting the 72 power enhancements it can be worthwhile.

I would never recommend getting a crit mod since you can easily get them from the vendors for ultimate comms, but again, if you have a low amount it can be viable.

One of the big things that sets sorcs apart from other healers, is you look at Merc, they get +15% surge to ALL heals. That makes crit way more useful, Ops get +15% surge to some of their most used heals. But the big thing that convinced me is if you read the tooltips on their spells. As far as I know, Merc/Commando have every heal say "Heals for X" or "Heals for X over Y", and its the same for ops except for Kolto infusion that states "Heals for X and then Z over Y".

Sorcs on the other hand rely heavily on Innervate and Resurgance. These spells will ALWAYS benefit more from power than crit. So while your crit may benefit your Overload Heal or Revivification, the theory crafting that Orderken and Nibbon present shows that it does not make up to how it hurts Innervate and Resurgance. If you look at Innervate, it states "Heals for X, and then Heals for X 3 more times". This is a huge difference from "Heals for X over Y" because 1 point of power will boost "Heals for X over Y" 1 time, but it boosts innervate FOUR times. Resurgance is "Heals for X and then Z over Y seconds", and the time gets boosted in your spec, making it count 2-3 times as much as a basic heal. While again, crit may become useful in 78s, at all current tier levels you will be hurting innervate too much to justify the boost to your single heals.

In addition, as Orderken stated earlier in the thread, the 5% crit is NOT going to change anything on getting force surge buffs. It is RNG, and 55% vs 50% is so minimal that while some fights it may help out some, most fights it will not help you at all. You will get unlucky sometimes with force surge, and if you find yourself getting unlucky you may prefer to spec into Reverse corruptions to lower the time of the debuff. Most fights have some down time, although rarely in NiM, and Force management should not be an issue that comes down to 55% vs 50%. If you are having issues with force management at 50%, you will also at 55%. One of my favorite little tips for that is I will never cast Revivification with 3 stacks unless I really need to. You lose HPS at 3 stacks over 1-2 because 1 stack is a 1.3s base, 2 stacks is .67s base cast, and 3 stacks is instant which jumps back up to 1.5s GCD.

TLDR; I believe that while gearing it is acceptable to get some crit enhancements because of how much easier they can be to get, but you will always lose HPS from having the crit instead of power and you should eventually switch them out. Mods should be always power because they aren't difficult to get since they can be obtained easily with coms. 5% crit will not change force management, and many sorc healers can easily maintain their force with no crit on their build.

Edited by campbellsoup

Nibbon has nothing to prove to anybody.

SuperGrunt I have never met you, spoken to you or played with you. All I know about you is what you posted. From this limited amount of info to go on I cannot make my mind as to what you are actually trying to achieve. You say that you like 30% Crit and that it is your choice. The thread has stated that up to 400 rating is acceptable and can be used to suit playstyles or alleviate gearing issues but it goes to point out why taking Power instead is preferable. It does so with a wealth of theorycrafting and game experience. Your suggestion is purely gut based, based on results in HM and we do not deny that it is possible to clear HMs and even NiMs with such gear. There is no basis for it being BiS though, it is simply that BiS gear is not required (and of course it is not how else would you get it in the first place). You also claim to be from a casual guild and call us Elitist jerks, yet your signature has such a big epeen I have to be sitting back in my chair as not to have my eye poked out. We have all done nothing but try to help this class and yet we are the elitists?

I have no interest in grouping with you in any content as I do not like your personality (at least the image insofar presented).

You clearly have not been following the convo because I have not once stated how I heal, what my priorities/rotation or what ever you desire to call it are, which is mostly due to the fact that Healing isn't really a rotation based activity, it is seeing and feeling what is happening and reacting, with some anticipation when possible.

I have not once stated the reasoning for any of my groups failing at any point in time, mostly because I choose to take it with a grain of salt help them get better and then leave it at that.

Nib and Order have seized upon the fact that the guilds that I have not named, nor will I name them here have not cleared NiM Ops, means that I must be bad, and if that isn't the cause that it's due to me being Casual. They have not stated one thing which I have done which is bad healing, nor can they because again I haven't disclosed how I do it.

I am now going to break my own rules right here and now, not that I think that it will matter but at least some people will acknowledge the intelligent manner in which I prioritize my healing.

Normally when my groups wipe it is because someone messed up mechanics, including boss mechanics or general DPS mechanics of not aggro dumping.

When I am healing a group, I try to keep everyone as close to 100% as I can, but don't heal much above 90% except for with Resurgence with my Sorc, or when I am on my Merc Rapid Shots, and I will Probe everyone on my Scoundrel and Operative.

When someone needs healing I try to use, in this order; Resurgence > Innervate > Static Barrier, and I save Static Barrier till last most of the time so as to keep from Over healing and to keep their health higher longer. When those are on cooldown, and someone still needs healing, I will use Dark Infusion. Dark Heal is on my toolbar even though I never use it because I hate not having every ability available for use, so it's on one of my click toolbars.

Funny stories section:

I once solo healed the Rancor in KP HM b/c the other healer in the group, who was a Pug died as soon as the boss was pulled, battle rezzed and then died again b/c he rezzed when the boss was smashing the DPS who battle rezzed him.

On my Sorc when I DPS I almost always use Lightning Spec, and have since launch. The first time I ever used Madness Spec I ended up soloing a HM FP boss b/c everyone in the group died. Yeah it was due to mechanics, when the Tank said, "Well aren't you a BA?" I just smiled. Pre 2.0 and I was in Rakata gear.

I was once told by a guild officer that the Operative in our progression group was the superior healing, and was the reason why we kept killing content. That night when we took on HM TFB, just before I killed my GPU and had to start running on my laptop, we where all in TOR Parse, my overheals was half what hers where, and my group was always at higher health than hers was. Not quite sure how that happened but yeah.

Yeah I guess you guys are right, I am the worst player ever.

/uninstall

/sarcasmOff

Nib and Order have seized upon the fact that the guilds that I have not named, nor will I name them here have not cleared NiM Ops, means that I must be bad, and if that isn't the cause that it's due to me being Casual. They have not stated one thing which I have done which is bad healing, nor can they because again I haven't disclosed how I do it.

Sigh - I didn't say it because of your nameless guilds, I said it because of your own presumptions and your stated difficulties in HM.

I didn't go through your post all the way yet, but I apologize for calling you bad.

Edited by Nibbon

Nib and Order have seized upon the fact that the guilds that I have not named, nor will I name them here have not cleared NiM Ops, means that I must be bad, and if that isn't the cause that it's due to me being Casual.

Yeah I guess you guys are right, I am the worst player ever.

Please re-read my posts. I said none of these thing.

I engaged your argument as though it had merit in each of my post. Other posts might have drawn your attention away from the serious discussion, but you haven't replied to me. Neither have you provided the additional data that I've requested, despite the fact that I've described a way for you to deliver it while safeguarding the privacy and anonymity that you value.

If you'll take a lack of immediate praise from theorycrafters as a personal slight, theorycrafting isn't for you. (For example, Nibbon and I have in the past vigorously criticized each other's approaches to modeling.) This says nothing about your skill or performance as a healer, but does suggest that you're not interested in the purpose of replies to this thread, which is to have ideas mulled over by theorycrafters.

Edited by Orderken

I've seen the other forums and decided to post here, and not in both places, that I don't agree with them in terms of stat distribution.

It's unlikely that you'd agree with any Mercenary|Commando or Operative|Scoundrel theorycrafters either. These healers benefit more from Critical, because (1) all of their abilities can crit while our Static Barrier|Force Armor can't, and (2) they receive 15% and 30%, respectively, additional Surge through skills. The consensus among their theorycrafters, at least as far as I've read, recommends less Critical than you recommend for a Sorcerer|Sage. If you're correct about BIS for Sorcerer|Sage healers, I'd expect theorycrafters for the other healing classes to recommend at least as much Critical, if not more.

You haven't supported your recommendation of BIS gear with more than the fact that it works for you. While this is of course a necessary test, on its own it hardly warrants claiming BIS. I've solo healed a NiM S&V 8 fight, but that doesn't mean I'd recommend this strat to the community. Similarly, I've healed a NiM TFB 16 kill in full PVP gear accidently, but that doesn't mean I'll recommend PVP set bonuses for Operations to the community.

Clearing new content with a particular raid composition, clever strategies, and team of four to five healers is thin support for recommending that other healers mimic your gear, and isn't support at all for claiming that it's BIS.

Edited by Orderken

Sigh - I didn't say it because of your nameless guilds, I said it because of your own presumptions and your stated difficulties in HM.

I didn't go through your post all the way yet, but I apologize for calling you bad.

Then maybe you need to go re-read what I said, I didn't say that I had difficulty healing it, only that when I needed the Force Surge Procs they didn't seem to be there. Could have been bad luck from our friend Mr RNG, but as far as I am concerned that made lowering my Buffed crit below 30% not pass my own confidence level, at least for that particular level of gear. Again this was when my guild and I had first hit lvl 55, and cautiously we only entered SM, being an Artifice I quickly replaced the Crit I had lost by the next night and was fine. Let me explain this in plain simple english. Even though I had problems getting Force Surge buffs, I still was able to use my Consumption and did as needed, and (stressing this) NO ONE DIED BECAUSE OF IT! The only thing that happened was that I passed judgement on the 0 crit as BS at that level of gearing. So stop assuming that I need & or want your help in assigning priorities to my healing because as you can see in my above post I have a firm grasp on it, and I can also handle the mechanics of this game.

Then maybe you need to go re-read what I said, I didn't say that I had difficulty healing it, only that when I needed the Force Surge Procs they didn't seem to be there. Could have been bad luck from our friend Mr RNG, but as far as I am concerned that made lowering my Buffed crit below 30% not pass my own confidence level, at least for that particular level of gear. Again this was when my guild and I had first hit lvl 55, and cautiously we only entered SM, being an Artifice I quickly replaced the Crit I had lost by the next night and was fine. Let me explain this in plain simple english. Even though I had problems getting Force Surge buffs, I still was able to use my Consumption and did as needed, and (stressing this) NO ONE DIED BECAUSE OF IT! The only thing that happened was that I passed judgement on the 0 crit as BS at that level of gearing. So stop assuming that I need & or want your help in assigning priorities to my healing because as you can see in my above post I have a firm grasp on it, and I can also handle the mechanics of this game.

It's funny because you really come across as an elitist jerk and yet ...

Please re-read my posts. I said none of these thing.

I engaged your argument as though it had merit in each of my post. Other posts might have drawn your attention away from the serious discussion, but you haven't replied to me. Neither have you provided the additional data that I've requested, despite the fact that I've described a way for you to deliver it while safeguarding the privacy and anonymity that you value.

Wong on that account, I draw you attention to this post that you made.

Each of the above observations is incorrect or irrelevant. In light of the language barrier that you're experience, we have two options to proceed.

First, you could provide a link to a combat log, and I'll fulfill my offer to catalogue how you might improve your healing or how your raid might incur less unnecessary damage.

Second, you may continue to claim that you're right while simple math is wrong and everyone else is deceiving you to keep you down. In this case, you have no reason to read or participate in this thread. This option will please everyone.

You stated that I am inexperienced, and that I need your help in improving my abilities to play as a Sorc Healer, and then proceeded to imply that I am a conspiracy nut job worried you are trying to keep me down, and you expect me to upload and send to you a parse LOL.

If you'll take a lack of immediate praise from theorycrafters as a personal slight, theorycrafting isn't for you. (For example, Nibbon and I have in the past vigorously criticized each other's approaches to modeling.) This says nothing about your skill or performance as a healer, but does suggest that you're not interested in the purpose of replies to this thread, which is to have ideas mulled over by theorycrafters.

No I don't take a lack of praise from anyone as a personal slight, I also don't think that a lack of praise means that I am not a good player. I am far to arrogant in my own self image to let someone else's opinion affect my own self worth, some people call that confidence, but anyone who knows me IRL knows that I actually have no confidence even though I am arrogant. That might sound contradictory to you, but life seems that way to me.

It's funny because you really come across as an elitist jerk and yet ...

That could be due to reading too much into my Forum Sig. Winning in that context means winning matches, which takes team effort, and only a few of those have been from any strategies that I have actually put forth. Mostly it happens just due to dumb luck. I actually stopped trying to offer strats in WZs when I realized no matter how much sense it makes people would still go mid and Death Match it. Also sometimes winning a match takes losing a fight, and being a sacrificial lamb.

Edited by SuperGrunt

You stated that I am inexperienced...

No, I didn't.

You stated that I need your help in improving my abilities to play as a Sorc Healer.

No, I didn't. Please review my posts with an ESL instructor.

In any event, this matter is closed. You haven't presented a reason for me to alter the stats that I've found to be BIS, because force management, even in gear with level 66 or 69 components, isn't materially eased by choosing Critical over Power.

Edited by Orderken