Eric Musco please explain!!!!!

fushnchips

Why are people that have paid with real money to change player names being forced to change again over someone who didn't purchase this type of service ?.

Are bioware going to refund these players hit by this problem ?

M0-T0 Biowares anti-spam/auto service bot is making it hard for people to get answers with solutions about this issue from any customer service rep via In game.

If you have paid for a rename way before any transfers you should have priority over any other player depending if they never did the same thing.

Are you actually implying that because you paid for a new name, people that have been on the server since they started or launch, should lose it because they never "paid" for a name change like you did? Please tell me I'm interpreting that wrong.

Are you actually implying that because you paid for a new name, people that have been on the server since they started or launch, should lose it because they never "paid" for a name change like you did? Please tell me I'm interpreting that wrong.

That's exactly what the OP is saying.

The only one who might have a reason to be upset are those who are forced to transfer, and if the other account has been inactive, then yes, give priority to the active account.

That's exactly what the OP is saying.

The only one who might have a reason to be upset are those who are forced to transfer, and if the other account has been inactive, then yes, give priority to the active account.

agreed thats a fair solution

Actually, any Asia Pacific player who bought a rename via Cartel shop should receive a refund. No denying that. Real money exchanged but the name is being taken away via a "forced" transfer.

I doubt there's any way they could possibly know if you bought a rename from the GTN though.

Actually, any Asia Pacific player who bought a rename via Cartel shop should receive a refund. No denying that. Real money exchanged but the name is being taken away via a "forced" transfer.

I doubt there's any way they could possibly know if you bought a rename from the GTN though.

Yeah I'd say if the name exists on the server and they paid to change it prior to the transfer, then they should just get the Cartel coins back.

Why would they have bought one knowing what was coming?

Actually yes, there is a cartel coin history on your account page.

Why are people that have paid with real money to change player names being forced to change again over someone who didn't purchase this type of service ?.

Are bioware going to refund these players hit by this problem ?

M0-T0 Biowares anti-spam/auto service bot is making it hard for people to get answers with solutions about this issue from any customer service rep via In game.

I totally agree. By the way this account has an Oct. 2008 join date (forum), did a full pre-order of the collector's edition and paid a sub all the way to F2P and have spent over $100 in the cartel shop. By your own reasoning I think I should get to personally decide if your characters get deleted or not. Not renamed, I want the right to delete your characters on a whim.

More money spent means I get more rights than you, correct?

By the way, with all that said I lost one of my favorite names in the server merge and I didn't cry about it.

If only they instituted account handles. All this angst about name squatting, changes, and so on would just vanish. Hopefully they are heading that way. Would make sense seeing as how they changed the way log in works.

But I feel your pain.

You have managed to raise self-interest and self-entitlement to a whole new level right here. That is actually hard to do in this forum, so hats off to you on that accomplishment.

Note: every single player account is due to receive a FREE name change. How will those be factored into your little special personal universe?

Besides... anyone who purchased a name change ahead of the issuing of the free name changes and/or making a server transfer.... deserves the Wyatt Derp 2013 award IMO.

Edited by Andryah

Um yeah, sucks but suck it up.

I was on Darth Sion since launch and when it was rolled into Harbinger I had to change my name because it already existed on that server. I didn't like it because I didn't get a choice, but I understood it. If I had started out on Harbinger I would be equally pissed if I had to change my name because someone else with the same name had been transferred over.

Bottom line, get creative. Learn to use special characters. BW is actually very lenient when it comes to what special characters you can use. I'm sure you can figure out something very similar to what your name was

Edited by Voxx_Voltaare

Better question is, why did you pay to have your name changed when you clearly planned to transfer server, we’ve been told transfer were right around the corner for sometime. There is no reason buying a name should allow anyone to steal another player name, that is complete unfair to the other player.:mad:

PS : Were still getting one free name change unless they’ve said otherwise, you can use that.

If you have paid for a rename way before any transfers you should have priority over any other player depending if they never did the same thing.

wow! That is incredibly selfish and arrogant of you.

Let me try to put things in to perspective:

You come in to MY server and find that the name of your character is already taken by me; so I have to give it up to you? :rolleyes:

How is that even remotely fair? You honestly think the fact that you paid extra to change your name gives you the right to deprive me of something that is rightfully mine??! Why not just say anyone who pays tho change names can take any one else's name at any time while you are at it?

I'd argue that as I had the name first and you are coming in to my server that I have a far greater claim to preserve my existing name.

Yes it sucks that you paid to rename and now you cant keep your new name. But you know what? You chose to transfer out to a new server knowing full well the risks it entails - so... tough!

Edited by BaronV