The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So are we ever going to get a fix for the false global cooldown?

PoliteAssasin

This is becoming increasingly annoying. We've had to put up with this for over a year now. Not even an acknowledgement. This screws up pvp especially for specs reliant on procs. When is this going to be fixed Bioware? Quit focusing on cartel market items and fix this game for once.

I saw a vid of a guild summit the swtor team did. As part of it, some they gave all the attention to some chubby guy.

Chubby guy said he totally fixed this issue, 100%. Everyone cheered. Everyone believed him.

I wish where to find the vid, so I could link it here.

This is becoming increasingly annoying. We've had to put up with this for over a year now. Not even an acknowledgement. This screws up pvp especially for specs reliant on procs. When is this going to be fixed Bioware? Quit focusing on cartel market items and fix this game for once.

LOL need to tell bioware to recode the "hero-bio-engine" LOL

Hate this bug.. it probably happens way more than you realise also.

I always seem to notice it when it depends on me winning or losing a fight. I'll leave you to guess what happens.

Oh believe me I'm very well aware of how often it happens. My spec is reliant on procs through two abilities, and when those abilities give off the false global cooldown 1-2 times it completely throws off my flow, and screws me over. I also notice this delay with abilities that don't have a global cooldown, like cloak of pain, undying rage, medpacs, etc. Where I have to hit it multiple times in order for it to go off sometimes. I'm assuming its the same thing, only not as noticeable since theres no GCD visual for those when hitting them.

God this is so annoying...As an Operative, as you know, all the knife attacks are instant. Happens so often, where you'll hear the beginning sound of the knife attack "click" and then nothing, but the global cooldown rolls.

Been happening on my scoundrel, wasn't sure if it was a common bug or not but apparently it is happening a lot. It seems that my DoTs proccing are triggering these effects, and it does cause a lot of problems. If I can narrow it down to the DoT's proccing then I'll just have to send a bug report about it, can't believe this is not being fixed as it is such a huge playability issue.

Ask yourself 1 question; think of it like a decision tree. Is it beneficial. Yes? Then yes. No? Then no. I hope this helps!

I find I get this in close combat with the jumping moving characters. I have a feeling it is the math of rendering the larger drawings plus movement that is magnified by proximity. Also if someone has a macro with keybinds for movement they do not hold down a key they have to continually have it pressed by the code so this machine gun key may create bloat or reset the event resolution. I assume toon movement takes precedent in resolving combat so even if gcd is working properly the amount of data and order of resolution may result in improper triggering. It is so bad I need to click on the bar instead of using my keyboard shortcuts and I find that instants without cooldowns or procs usually trigger more effectively than cast spells

Yes this does happen even when I have my back to the wall so the targeted character is in los at all times.

• 2 weeks later...
I have notice the GC getting much worse since 2.0 and some of the latest patchs and even though this has been a major issue since the begining the game it is beyond lazy and stupid that this has not been addressed properly and has not been given any form of statement if they are even trying to fix the dam thing... How much dps and healing I lose per second because of this horrible bug is just plain ridiculous and have had one friend leave way back just because of this issue!.. I know the game engine is a piece of crap to work with and the staff is reduced to almost zero but for pete sakes do something about it instead of saying lame excuses like oh just change your setting to 1.0 cast even when that doesn't even work either...

I have notice the GC getting much worse since 2.0 and some of the latest patchs and even though this has been a major issue since the begining the game it is beyond lazy and stupid that this has not been addressed properly and has not been given any form of statement if they are even trying to fix the dam thing... How much dps and healing I lose per second because of this horrible bug is just plain ridiculous and have had one friend leave way back just because of this issue!.. I know the game engine is a piece of crap to work with and the staff is reduced to almost zero but for pete sakes do something about it instead of saying lame excuses like oh just change your setting to 1.0 cast even when that doesn't even work either...

LOL I can't tell you how many times I'm standing there holding my hands out like I'm casting Innervate on a dying ally only to realize "Oh, it's not really casting just the animation" and they die. Give you a guess at who the next target of said enemy is about to be :rolleyes:

Ravages that do the animation but don't actually damage? Why yes, I'd love to waste nearly 3 full seconds in a WZ cause that won't be a problem at all. Casting snipe/ambush on my sniper but not really attacking? Sure why not. Backstab... Backstab... Back... Oh *** the dude is stunned and standing and I'm obviously behind him but the damn attack won't go off. Developers/QA people in this game are obviously pathetic and/or non-existent.

yep, this happens way, way too often. i will get the "fake cast" of grav round at least 5 times a WZ (plays animation, nothing happens), and the ghost GCD happens almost as often.

ive noticed that the "fake cast" happens most often after i try to stop moving and cast quick; it creates some kind of animation hitch that fcks up and nothing happens

It happens less often for me if I play in full screen, but it is a constant annoyance and has been for a long time now...

I think the only thing worse than a false GCD tho is a false patch note. Y'know, where they say they fix something but it hasn't actually been fixed?