The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add dyes to collection system

I think it would be great if the dyes worked the same way as colour crystals and once bound they are added to your collection. With then all the same abilities to clone and/or pay cartle coins based on rarity to open them up for all chars. This would make the dyes easier to use for people, maintain demand from GTN and Cartle market (probably increase it for some die hard collectors) and make people more comfortable changing their look if they find a rare colour that they love.

This would be the right thing to do but I just wonder if they will. Considering how EVERYTHING is geared towards squeezing as much money as possible out of us customers I will not be anticipating this. It's a shame they add in the collections to the CM but it is so damn restrictive it also makes no sense.

Dyes and the collections sounded absolutely great UNTIL we got our first look at them. They are horrible as is.

Edited by Kurgun

I think adding dyes to the collection will support future dye kits sales much better than the current system. As new dye kits come out I think many people will be reluctant to change their current dyes because they will be lost and the market for CM dyes, especially the rare ones, is expensive and with very low supplies on most servers.

In contrast if dyes were in the collection systems I think people will be more likely to buy new dyes to add to it, knowing they can experiment on and change their look but still be able to go back to the previous look if the new one doesn't work anymore.

As there is speculation that the dyes are crystals coded for armour this may actually be possible.

I know that they'd earn money from me because right now I am not using any dyes.

I bought some dye packs and finally got a black/black. Had one white/black also. Now not only do I not want to change the dyes I have applied but the gear either. So Bioware would be smart to add them to collections otherwise both dye packs as well as armor kits will suffer in my opinion.

It is absurd to have a collections feature that only has select items available in it. Hell, I'm still wondering why ALL items on the CM are not available regardless of full sets or not. We paid for the items it should be in there.

• 1 month later...

Dye system is screwed up here, compared to ones present in other games (not to mention perfect Guild Wars 2). Adding dyes to collections should happen. The lack of black gear for Sith is ridiculous and I don't think many can afford so many black dyes to color all the sets they like black :'[

Hate that they can't even be removed from armor. Why not just charge 1k cartel coins for a legacy unlock on the black dye once it's obtained by players?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I know that they'd earn money from me because right now I am not using any dyes.

Count me in on this. I won't spend anything on a chance to get a decent dye. If they added them to collections they could actually get some money from me.

Of course I'd rather see them come up with a better dye system overall, but I doubt that will ever happen.