The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Put old Endgame armour sets on the Cartel Market

My suggestion: Make old endgame armour sets, such as Rakata and Battlemaster gear, available on the Cartel Market as sets of moddable orange shells.

Many people, myself included, miss some of the old endgame gear that is no longer available, and we would certainly spend some Coins on orange sets of it (Belts and bracers included) especially as the newer armour sets are not popular with everyone.

This is a fairly easy idea to implement- no new stuff needs to be designed, just added to the Market for reasonable prices. Post below if you agree; a dev response would be ideal to let us know if this is possible.

• Like 1

Can't you still buy them?? I thought there was a vendor that sold them still??

Or were they totally removed from the game?? :eek:

No, most old endgame sets were completely removed. If you got the Battlemaster or War Hero schematics while they were available, you can still craft those, but these did not include the belts or bracers and there is no way to get the old endgame PvE gear.

This is the sort of thing that the Cartel Market is for, and it is surprising that this idea hasn't been considered before.

The old battlemaster and war hero sets, at the very least, can be bought if you can find a crafter with who bought the schematics before they were pulled from the game. But yeah, for the old pve gear, you are mostly out of luck.

I'd be a combination of pleased with being able to get these armor sets again, and concerned that it would be a bad sign that they are willing to actually REMOVE existing content from being earned in-game, just to sell it on the cartel market instead. Not a direction I'd like them moving in personally.

I'd rather they didn't set that precedent and instead returned those armor sets as available through playing the game somehow. (And I don't count buying them with credits from another player who had to buy them with cartel coins as available through playing the game as someone still had to pay cash to get them.)

• 2 months later...
I personally disagree.I remember being around to earn the Rakata. Having the ninja-like Rakata gear for my agent is creates a unique, agent-only look. If they bring these old earned end game armors back as adaptable, as an agent who's played back then i lose that uniqueness. Is there not some items that bioware will allow for individual classes to keep, distinctly their class? They brought some class specific armors to Cartel Market, but these were random drop items for most part. Selling earned end-game pve/pvp gear? Not a fan.

I personally disagree.I remember being around to earn the Rakata. Having the ninja-like Rakata gear for my agent is creates a unique, agent-only look. If they bring these old earned end game armors back as adaptable, as an agent who's played back then i lose that uniqueness. Is there not some items that bioware will allow for individual classes to keep, distinctly their class? They brought some class specific armors to Cartel Market, but these were random drop items for most part. Selling earned end-game pve/pvp gear? Not a fan.

I disagree with bringing them back, but for different reasons.

I found the Tionese-Rakata sets UGLY. Bringing them back means not including gear I might find nice. Therefore I don't want them brought back.

I disagree with bringing them back, but for different reasons.

I found the Tionese-Rakata sets UGLY. Bringing them back means not including gear I might find nice. Therefore I don't want them brought back.

Your main must have been a sorc, no? Coneheads FTW. :)

I do agree most the armor was actually pretty ugly, except for the agents. To pay us back though, they introduced the War Hero/Campaign gear and all us agents cried.

I do think that the old endgame armours like, tionese, columi and rakata should be re-introduced to the game.

How ever I think that there is enough focus on the CM.

Why dont release them as schematics for crafters like Synthweaving (Force user) and Armourmech (Non-force users)?

The main-hand and off-hand could be released for Artificers and Armstechers...

Just a thought.

• 3 months later...

I agree, release them either for Cartel Market, Schematics (AND I MEAN EVERY SINGLE OLD 50 ENDGAME SET and every piece from each set, do not miss any!) or add both finished sets and schematics to Reputation Vendors. And the level requirement should be 1 so anyone can use it, as adaptive armor. I'd go INSANE with joy if this was done, I'd even PAY to see this done.

As for those that DONT want the gear back - AT ALL - well, simply dont try to get it. It cant be that hard. Or imagine it just doesn't exist at all. Let those who want it back have it back, the rest that do not want it just have to ignore the gear, like many others do to others or other items.

Edited by Balnazaar
Missed a detail