How to fix Powertechs

_zot_

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want the jet boost spec into tank.

Also I'm from Wisconsin and we like cheese with everything, my gramps used to like a slice of chedder with this apple pie.

i take it you read nothing i said. i mentioned a different boost. one perhaps similar to the ops roll. no need for you to be a negative nancy. i know your op burst was nerfed but perhaps giving the powerttech another trick up its sleave will make it a more viable class for pvp again.

Edited by _zot_

i take it you read nothing i said. i mentioned a different boost. one perhaps similar to the ops roll. no need for you to be a negative nancy. i know your op burst was nerfed but perhaps giving the powerttech another trick up its sleave will make it a more viable class for pvp again.

What are you on?

You asked for a "jet pack" type move similar to warriors leap...That is literally jet charge which is in the tanking tree.

So when I say, play the tanking tree for this ability I mean play the tanking tree for that ability.

Edited by cycao

What are you on?

You asked for a "jet pack" type move similar to warriors leap...That is literally jet charge which is in the tanking tree.

So when I say, play the tanking tree for this ability I mean play the tanking tree for that ability.

then i said it shuldnt be a tank tree skill and it should be sold at the trainer. then i ALSO mentioned a DIFFERENT idea . go ahead . read the thread. or just be an ******e that wants to shoot me down no matter what. whatever.

Everyone knows that powertechs got nerfed really really bad with 2.0 :(

Powertech went from being way to OP to the class no one wants overnight.

Here's a solution that i believe would make powertechs a fair class again .

Give them a JET PACK LEAP! similr to the warrior class leap. Upon impact with the enemy you could slam the retractable blade into them :D

PLEASE consider this bioware!!!!! i have always dreamed of a fun way to utilize the jetpack on my powertech! Now that they have been so unfairly nerfed this could totally fix them and make them a lot of fun again!

PTs do not need a gap closer and barely needed the root breaker. Having an additional gap closer does not help much. It would be nice in HB, but that's about it.

or here's another idea. What if they gave us an ability to fly to ANY spot. when you activate the skill you get a movable target ( like throwing a huttball) and can fly to the spot. cmon you know that would be totally awesome.

and if that might be a little too op let it just be a simple jet jump forward similar to the operative roll

here it is. if the ops have their roll why cant the poweretechs get one. it would be great for trying to get away from stuff.

then i said it shuldnt be a tank tree skill and it should be sold at the trainer. then i ALSO mentioned a DIFFERENT idea . go ahead . read the thread. or just be an ******e that wants to shoot me down no matter what. whatever.

Relax cupcake.

Npow that you posted that here; it is going to get nerfed in patch 2.2. Clearly the cheeses stacking is unintended so quesadilla will no longer include cheddar. Only pepper jack.

No its cool, they make a killer eggs beni for brunch.

i am relaxed peanut.

Now whisper sweat nothings into my ear.

Yesterday my Vanguard hit 55. With only 4 pieces of partisan/conqueror gear, he queued up for 55 PvP. Played three matches and was top DPS in all three. Was even top protection in two of the three.

Of course, that's just Regz. Maybe things are different in Rated. We'll see.

So far, however, all I've heard about Van/PTs is QQ that they were nerfed into the dirt. When my PT was still rocking in lowbies, peeps said 55 is where the s*ck begins. Now he's 55, is doing quite well, and I guess the litmus is Rated (something most players don't even do).

I'm just waiting for the s*ckage to begin and it hasn't happened yet.

LOL at this thread making me hungry.

On Topic: I'd rather have another defensive cooldown (better than energy shield) for all powertechs and maybe another 30 meter instant attack that does good (not great) damage to make up for the fact that dps powertechs have to walk up to someone.

Edited by af_raptura

They do need a range increase, or a speed buff. It just doesn't make sense to be a DoT class with a massive 10m of range and very few survivability CDs. They're worse in every way to a merc Pyro, which is decent but still not *good* and probably the worst DoT spec right now in the game.

They do need a range increase, or a speed buff. It just doesn't make sense to be a DoT class with a massive 10m of range and very few survivability CDs. They're worse in every way to a merc Pyro, which is decent but still not *good* and probably the worst DoT spec right now in the game.

Welcome to madness assassins. The only thing we got on you is shroud and stealth but we are the squish.

Fajitas dont usually have cheese, just grilled peppers onions and meat. Now the enchiladas I had for lunch yesterday, holy f'in cow they are crazy good and I only live a block away which is both a blessing and a curse.

A fajita should always have cheese, unless its that white goat cheese you sometimes find in authentic restaurants. ;)

A fajita should always have cheese, unless its that white goat cheese you sometimes find in authentic restaurants. ;)

My parents have wronged me then they never put cheese when I was a kid.

Everyone knows that powertechs got nerfed really really bad with 2.0 :(

Powertech went from being way to OP to the class no one wants overnight.

Here's a solution that i believe would make powertechs a fair class again .

Give them a JET PACK LEAP! similr to the warrior class leap. Upon impact with the enemy you could slam the retractable blade into them :D

PLEASE consider this bioware!!!!! i have always dreamed of a fun way to utilize the jetpack on my powertech! Now that they have been so unfairly nerfed this could totally fix them and make them a lot of fun again!

This thread is totally fail. Read the 2nd post under this OP and you'll see why.

2ndly, assaylt/pyro vangaurds/powertechs are still completely viable, and still very strong. The only

difference is it requires a little more skill now to play WELL.

No they're not. Full sadness can take forever to kill someone.

We can agree to diagree they are both bad.

Let's put it this way, sadness is a pyro with a speed buff on a higher CD than harpoon, stealth, an execute and an OOC and combat mez and force DoTs so that not every operative/merc can cleanse it every 3 seconds. They're both bad, but pyro PT is just that much worse :(.

Ever since the 30m range nerf, I always felt that they should give grapple to the tank tree and make jet charge the baseline powertech ability.

I absolutely agree with you. Pyrotech and Prototype are more mid ranged - close range oriented. Dont give me the ball in huttball cuz the opposing team will just ankle lock me and force me to walk a slow death or pass the ball. DPS powertechs have no knock backs or no REAL speed burst abilities that matter much.

Recently i was in a WZ and i sprinted up behind a Sage healer who was comfortably spamming heals to an ally. So i sprinted up and started to work on him. He obviously notices that he needs to address me. So he force speeds away, and i pull him back with grapple, then he knocks me back and force speeds away again. This happens in under 6 seconds from his first force speed. I am still baffled at how this is possible. I chased him relentlessly to keep him from healing and It seemed like when i slowed him he could still break any speed impairment from my powers or any stuns and would speed away. I couldn't help but think "How many break frees does this guy have and why doesn't his force speed have a cool down?" This is an honest question so if someone can honestly educate me i am eager to be properly educated. Thanks.