The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Beauty of The Old Republic

sandisrd

Greetings,

Well, The Old Republic environment's really makes me to stop and think for a while, to feel that nature of beauty and to inhale beauteous surroundings, so I've thought to share some of my own memories on this journey, and maybe you'll get inspire by them as well.

''While Coruscant has always been considered the hearth of the Republic, to some extent Alderaan has been it's soul.'' House Thul nobles

The Great Elysium:

http://s16.postimg.org/boj3iu37l/Screenshot_2013_01_11_22_58_48_686071.jpg

http://s13.postimg.org/5cc9kx69f/Screenshot_2013_01_12_22_58_32_945723.jpg

''Embrace these fates: ice and fire, claw and fang, war and ruin. They are inevitable.''

Hailstorm brotherhood proverb

Ice fields:

http://s8.postimg.org/as0k9aioh/Screenshot_2013_04_01_03_34_09_023222.jpg

''Crazed Imperials run berserk beneath twisted Sith sculptures'' Sith apprentice's

The Great dark temple:

http://s21.postimg.org/pgoti1pqr/Screenshot_2012_10_11_21_04_46_272013.jpg

''We'll not bow, to anyone. We have our pride. We have our weapons.''

Ardon, Balmorra resistance member

Okara droid company's fields:

http://s1.postimg.org/jjr7a669n/Screenshot_2012_10_19_01_54_22_198266.jpg

I've hope you enjoyed, and of course there is a lot more to see from the Star wars world's.

Thank you,

Best regards!.

Edited by sandisrd

I looked at those pictures and began hearing "This Land is Your Land" going through my head. You are right, OP. Sometimes, we do get caught up in the quest, or the battle, or the heat of the action, and fail to notice the attention Bioware put into this game. Honestly, if someone can look at the scenery while taking a taxi ride through Alderaan and not be impressed, they need to have their head examined. The world programmed here is beautiful, I think us players should pay a bit more attention to it.

Great screenshots; I'm particularly fond of the Dark Temple's. Did you take it on a "high level character", if you take my meaning? (avoiding spoilers: one never knows, with this influx of new players!)

Honestly, if someone can look at the scenery while taking a taxi ride through Alderaan and not be impressed, they need to have their head examined.

Or a better computer :(

Edited by Lurtzello

I love the scenery for most of the planets. I frequently use the camera to snap pictures of nice landforms that I find.

There is a lot of great detail that doesn't go unnoticed by me, like the lovely autumn colours of Voss and the extremely expansive barren worlds of Hoth and Tatooine. The latter two are gorgeous in their own rights, but they make me so angry because of how bare it is to travel lol.

But yeah, any planet that doesn't contain a mass of steel is good in my books.

Edited by October

Yes there is ''something'' about the game engine and the graphics.The only negative aspects of it i can think of are - you cant interact with your environment as much as i would like+ and the way they did body type 1 and 2,its kinda strange and unrealistic.

I think this game the is one of the most beautiful in terms of looks and appearance.It's because of the engine or the way graphics are made,i don't know.For example anti-aliasing and the anisotropic filtering(now after the fix on the player character armor) are done very well.

Edited by Kaedusz

Great screenshots; I'm particularly fond of the Dark Temple's. Did you take it on a "high level character", if you take my meaning? (avoiding spoilers: one never knows, with this influx of new players!)

Or a better computer :(

Hi,

Well, if I remember correctly I've had around level 30 at that time.

The CE Holocam is a wonderful tool. I, like the OP, made a point of stopping to take in the views and snap a few pictures along my leveling journey. Bioware has created some really awesome landscapes and worlds for us to explore- People need to stop every once and awhile to smell the roses!

The CE Holocam is a wonderful tool. I, like the OP, made a point of stopping to take in the views and snap a few pictures along my leveling journey. Bioware has created some really awesome landscapes and worlds for us to explore- People need to stop every once and awhile to smell the roses!

Hi,

True indeed, I love to stop and feel the environment, it gives such a sense of immersion, and makes a whole game play enjoyable, especially in SW universe.

Another thing worth noting is the music. The themes for Alderaan and Ord Mantell are some of my favorites amongst any game's music, ever. Even the game's main theme is fantastic.

Hi,

Likewise, music in the TOR is a great indeed, it gives for each planet such a atmospheric feel to it, BW knows what they doing.

I always absolutely loved that aspect of both KOTORs. While it seemed harder to pull off for an MMO-style game as opposed to an RPG, in part because you have to be constantly on the move in TOR, I'm feeling more and more like they managed it very well.

I remember one of the artists for the game saying in a video before the game was released that there were a ton of subtle details that would probably go unnoticed. Whoever that was, they did a fine job, whether people stop to notice it or just take it for granted.

As for the music, there are a few standout pieces but I pretty much enjoy it. Maybe the one exception was when I first got to Nar Shaddaa and heard the iconic music from KOTOR 2 and felt all warm and fuzzy, then it switched to other music which was okay, but didn't give the feel to Nar Shaddaa that I got from KOTOR 2 or JK2.

Alderaan is especially beautiful considering we received next to NO views of her surface in the movies prior to her destruction. So I like to steal an eyeful of the views any time my toons visit Alderaan.

The fantastic destruction of Taris also amazes me. Don't get me wrong, death and destruction is horrible in any realistic sense of the words, but for a video game environment, Taris is astoundingly beautiful in it's destroyed form.

Hutta is terribly exciting too, view wise.

Voss, Belsavis, Quesh, and all the other landscapes on the inhabited worlds have their own beauty to them.

Hoth and Tatooine (spelling) are okay for about a day, but get old after a time. There is only so much I can stand of snow or sand. Having a land mark, sacred place, or monument to interact with helps to deal with the desensitizing of my vision and alleviates boredom.

Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, the city scape worlds have their own mystique to them. BioWare's attention to detail is amazing.

In conclusion, please take some time to enjoy the worlds that the canon universe and expanded universe have richly given us.

Edited by Darth_Krushya
more info

Alderaan is especially beautiful considering we received next to NO views of her surface in the movies prior to her destruction. So I like to steal an eyeful of the views any time my toons visit Alderaan.

The fantastic destruction of Taris also amazes me. Don't get me wrong, death and destruction is horrible in any realistic sense of the words, but for a video game environment, Taris is astoundingly beautiful in it's destroyed form.

Hutta is terribly exciting too, view wise.

Voss, Belsavis, Quesh, and all the other landscapes on the inhabited worlds have their own beauty to them.

Hoth and Tatooine (spelling) are okay for about a day, but get old after a time. There is only so much I can stand of snow or sand. Having a land mark, sacred place, or monument to interact with helps to deal with the desensitizing of my vision and alleviates boredom.

Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, the city scape worlds have their own mystique to them. BioWare's attention to detail is amazing.

In conclusion, please take some time to enjoy the worlds that the canon universe and expanded universe have richly given us.

Hi,

Certainly indeed