Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

In-Game Bullying?

Eyeskream

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullying??? In my day bullying meant the sixth grader P. Webber beat the snot out of me until my mom put in the PABA where I learned to box. Next school year I baited that punk into trying to hit me first. He lost.

Today? Cyber bullying? I have three words for you poor, poor victims; 'ignore' or 'log off'.

This. People are too sensitive today. If you were being bullied when I was a kid you learned to stand up for yourself, fight back. Usually physically. And it worked.

Now people are so "sensitive" for lack of a better word, that fighting back is not an option because people want everyone to be able to hold hands and sing kumbaya. This leads to people not knowing how to handle bullies, and I truly believe learning to stand up for yourself when you are a kid is gonna save you some crap later in life.

Cyber "bullying" doesn't fall into this category, but again. Ignore button.

This. People are too sensitive today. If you were being bullied when I was a kid you learned to stand up for yourself, fight back. Usually physically. And it worked.

So your solution is to commit a crime (i.e., battery)? OK, cowboy.

But re: the OP, way too big of a mountain made out of way too small of a molehill.

So your solution is to commit a crime (i.e., battery)? OK, cowboy.

But re: the OP, way too big of a mountain made out of way too small of a molehill.

Self-defense is not a crime in most countries I know of.

Really? I've received meaner hate mail for my marketing tactics lol. Use the /ignore feature and it'll be just fine. Then grow a thicker skin, cause general chat a lot of times in this game is...harsh. LOL. ;)

1 http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b621/Eyescream31288/1_zps27ce3a47.jpg

2 http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b621/Eyescream31288/2_zpsb688ed0d.jpg

3 http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b621/Eyescream31288/3_zps3da5e484.jpg

I didn't save the full conversation, I should of, but I didn't. These 2-4 people consistently were just plain verbally abusive, and weren't very nice. I don't expect everyone to be nice in any online game I play, but I've also been gaming sense I've been 10-12 yrs old. (25 now). And the hatred grew strong with these individuals for about a good 30minutes. I wasn't trolling them or anything either, just was on to try and start lvling my jug.

25 years old.

You got trolled AND they were successful at it.

They were probably 10 - 12 yrs. old themselves, and you let it get under your skin?

You do know using /ignore takes less time and energy than posting here about it, right?

-guess I shoulda just ignored it and went on. oh wait I did, and got repeated msgs from random characters after that.

I didn't put the full convo up because I knew it would get these guys in trouble, as well as revealing names.

been playin mmo's for years, and never had a problem like this one, ever.

Tuff skin, sensitive skin, everybody has there breaking point of dealing with interweb tuff guys.

So I figured id make an example of them, but obv. not show there names.

Unfortunately, this stuff even seems prominent on the Republic side on Shadowlands (come on, guys, we're supposed to be the heroes!). Remove any threat of repercussion, and all Mustafar breaks loose. Everybody becomes an untouchable supervillain who will do whatever they want. It's just what they are in the dark (or the pixels). But, here is my guideline:

Racial slurs, extremely foul language, etc: Report and ignore

Common bullying: Ignore.

You'd be wise to follow the same rule, or just disable General Chat and find a friendly Guild. Which server was this, btw?

That is why I love... The Tomb of freedon Nadd PVP Server.

Someone starts the trolling on me, I just log to one of my Tanks and then they get a spanking....

Wuahahaaaa, TANK AND SPANK the lot of them....

Funny story for ya.

Once upon a time, in a server called The Freedon Nadd

A Young Shadow only level 35 was being hounded by 2 trolls both level 55.. yes 2 of them,

The Young Shadow not able to complete his class quest! cried on TS to his guildies...

Moments latter 7 55's and and few 50'is for the lulz turned up from said guild and proceded teach Sithies, what it means to be in OUTBREAK.... God Wills IT

Edited by DataFoxIre

Physically attacking someone who verbally abuses you is not self-defense.

Viable alternative options:

1) Stop caring and move on.

2) Do we really need a second option? If you're distraught by verbal abuse, you probably deserved it, because if it wasn't true, it wouldn't bother you.

I should of been more clear. In my situation it was physical. As soon as I got physical back, the situation was resolved. The end.

Physically accosting someone without their consent = battery. Battery = crime. Prosecuted? Who knows? But still a crime.

Viable alternative options:

1) Stop caring and move on.

2) Do we really need a second option? If you're distraught by verbal abuse, you probably deserved it, because if it wasn't true, it wouldn't bother you.

You really need to start paying attention to who writes what before replying.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Physically attacking someone who verbally abuses you is not self-defense.

Tell that to the citizens of Skyrim.

So words were exchanged and three of those words may have sent that man and his cart over the mountain of Riften. To be fair, he DID cut me off on the crossroads.

Seemed like the OPs responses were frankly baiting/antagonizing the "bullies." I believe that bullying is wrong, but if you're responding to aggressive comments in chat with "love me long time" I feel like maybe you aren't the victim you are setting yourself up to be...:rolleyes:

This is bullying? My best friends and I are harsher to each other at a couple of drinks at the bart. Hell, my wife beats me up worse than this when we are just joking around sometimes. If it really bothers you then obviously you can just ignore them - but you really need to get a thicker skin.

Seemed like the OPs responses were frankly baiting/antagonizing the "bullies." I believe that bullying is wrong, but if you're responding to aggressive comments in chat with "love me long time" I feel like maybe you aren't the victim you are setting yourself up to be...:rolleyes:

+1. Granted, the harshest comment didn't come from OP, but clearly those responses didn't help. This is more "banter" than "bullying".

1 http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b621/Eyescream31288/1_zps27ce3a47.jpg

2 http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b621/Eyescream31288/2_zpsb688ed0d.jpg

3 http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b621/Eyescream31288/3_zps3da5e484.jpg

I didn't save the full conversation, I should of, but I didn't. These 2-4 people consistently were just plain verbally abusive, and weren't very nice. I don't expect everyone to be nice in any online game I play, but I've also been gaming sense I've been 10-12 yrs old. (25 now). And the hatred grew strong with these individuals for about a good 30minutes. I wasn't trolling them or anything either, just was on to try and start lvling my jug.

This will come out the wrong way regardless of how it's typed, but...

If the above screenies offend you, you may want to reconsider playing online games, or even using the internet for that matter. There are a**holes everywhere, and if someone senses for a second, they can get a rise out of you, they will. By you responding, they're getting exactly what they wanted. Ignore them and move on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.