[BUG-COLLECTIONS] Investigator and Pathfinder Sets?????

Anzel

I own several sets of the "Pathfinder's Armor Set" and the "Investigator's Armor Set". I've purchased two of each set. So nearly $50 so far. When I go into my collections window I see that they are lit up.

Pathfinder's Armor Set

http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/vanzelone13/media/Screenshot_2013-05-25_23_58_46_697477_zps8c773c30.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Investigator's Armor Set

http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/vanzelone13/media/Screenshot_2013-05-25_23_58_35_749382_zps14454e49.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

I have tried everything to get these to unlock.

I have equipped and unequipped these sets on my characters and my companions

I have all of the pieces of the armor. They are all bound.

I have quit the game, deleted the DiskCacheArena, logged back in

I have transferred the sets to my bank and back to my inventory

I have zoned to my ship, to other planets, back to the fleet

etc.

What is going on? As you can see in the screen shot I have other sets that have unlocked perfectly. I have toys, vehicles, crystals, etc. that have all unlocked.

YES I SUBMITTED TICKETS. I submitted several tickets and this is what I get back each time:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Cartel Collection feature introduced in Game Update 2.1: Customization.

Please be aware that to unlock items in your Collection, you will need to log into the character which has the items in their possession. Please note that the item must also be bound to your character in order for it to be unlocked in your Collection. In addition to this, to unlock armor sets within your Collection, you will need to have a complete set bound to a single character. This will unlock the set for further use on additional characters on your account.

Once an item has been added to your collection, you can retrieve it at no cost with the character that had the item bound. You will have the option to unlock the item to use on your account, using Cartel Coins, from the Collection window on any of your characters. 

Note: Items that are set to be account-wide do not need to be unlocked for all characters using Cartel Coins. As those items are intended for account-wide use, they will already be available for all characters from within your Collection.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any questions or encounter any other issues.

Regards, 

Protocol Droid M0-T0
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

So basically they have some kind of automated crap that just goes through and closes tickets without looking at them. I have spent actual, real life currency here. Can someone please help?

Edited by Anzel

Thats because you can't unlock the stat sets. Because of the credit abuse that can come from it. When you hover over any of the cartel items with stats, it wont offer a repeated given option, or the infinity mode unlock. Edited by Magnusheart

Thats because you can't unlock the stat sets. Because of the credit abuse that can come from it. When you hover over any of the cartel items with stats, it wont offer a repeated given option, or the infinity mode unlock.

Ugh... I've spent so much cash on these. They pop up in the Collections window. Can you confirm this? Like... is there an official statement on it somewhere? I just like the look of the sets... I cold care less if they had mods or not.

Anything with a direct purchase in the Cartel Market has the go to buy cartel market button. the standalone chestpieces, are the stat filled sets.

Only the 8 piece moddables with no mods are offered with character re-buy and unlocked infinity mode.

Selling gear with built in mods was always a mistake, even if they were only levelling mods. I understand why they don't want them to be infinitely reclaimable, even though the level 10 colour crystals with their level 50 stats are cross-character unlockable.

I do think that the 'unlock for all characters' functionality should still exist for the statted purple pieces, but instead of the mod-filled pieces it should give you bound level 1 orange shells with the same appearance. Just give a description in the pop-up that says the unlock won't have mods. No power issues or abuse in that, and the people that want the cosmetic appearance across multiple characters or companions get what they can get for every other cartel armour.

When you click on the image and the new window pops up, select show details and scroll down. It says right there the item can not be copied and can only be purchased through the Cartel Market.

This sucks so bad. There are parts from each set that I really like. Uhg... I wish that they would just allow you to unlock it without the mods. LOL. I don't need level 30ish mods. LOL...

Ugh... I've spent so much cash on these. They pop up in the Collections window. Can you confirm this? Like... is there an official statement on it somewhere? I just like the look of the sets... I cold care less if they had mods or not.

Anzel, it's right in the patch notes.

•Once an item or gear set has been acquired on a single character, the player can use Cartel Coins to unlock that item or gear set for all characters on the account, with the exception of level 15, 31, and 43 Adaptable gear and Cartel Reputation items.

And yeah, I would like to clone these as well, but I understand why they can't let you.. players would clone them to strip the mods and discard the shells. I'm hoping they fix this and clone out empty shells to collection owners in a future patch.

Separately, WHY did you use cartel coins to purchase them? They are generally on the GTN...and if you are just a little patient, you can pick up a full set for unde a million credits (most I ever spent for a full set was actually ~500K) in less then a week. Even more so if you just want specific pieces, IMO.

Edited by Andryah

Separately, WHY did you use cartel coins to purchase them?

Because I spend all day grinding actual American currency rather than pretend fairy currency... and the credit sinks in this game are 10000000x worse than the ones IRL?

But yeah, I really just want the pieces. Mods are actually easy to come by via comms or GTN.

• 1 year later...

Maybe you should type better.

Read what information? A very obscure single line tucked away in the mass of **** that is the collections? You really think people can even see that at first glance? The message isn't even clear FFS.

It should be prominent, right at the top, in big letters, saying "THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE TO RETRIEVE FROM COLLECTIONS".

Hell, it shouldn't even BE in collections.

This is Bioware's fault, not ours. Go knight somewhere else.

Why would anyone buy the Investigator set? Last time I checked the robe still had that hideous Two and a Half Hood bug. Even when you make one hood disappear you still have part of another hood clipping into the "down" hood.

It boggles the mind that they fixed Revan's robes but they couldn't fix the Investigator which has the same build as Revan's robes.

Read what information? A very obscure single line tucked away in the mass of **** that is the collections? You really think people can even see that at first glance? The message isn't even clear FFS.

It should be prominent, right at the top, in big letters, saying "THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE TO RETRIEVE FROM COLLECTIONS".

It's funny how angry people get when they can't read.

Have you never heard of the phrase "always read the fine print" because you must be every scammers best friend.

Have you never heard of the phrase "always read the fine print" because you must be every scammers best friend.

It's worse than you think. They never fixed the Investigator Robe (unless they did a stealth fix in the last 4 months) and it has hood clipping issues even if you use a mask to hide one of the hoods. I call it the Two and a Half Hood bug.