The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pve pt?

Linok

Hi, i'm a player in a french serv but there are no post in french site on the current situation of the powertech in pve (and there is no longer from what i can see PT dps in the serv for pve only tank) so i come to you english community to have some answer (excuse my english by the way)

I have made some test over the different possibility of the PT dps i am full 69 with full opti and from what i can see in the mox the pyro spec is no longer viable compared to other class.

I did try the tree with and without the last skill and its close in dps but with win

Then there is the advanced prototype which is the one i am using currently it does more dammage than the pyro spec something like 2600 dps by sec when the other is 2100 (then maybe my stats are wrong i don't know)

But i tried to compare with other dps from my guild and it is far from the 3300 of a mercenary arsenal

So are we needed in pve?

If i am wrong in my assumption feel free to tell me

PT's are still usable in PvE. Similar dps to Assassin, Operative & Jugg dps but no burst dmg. HM we are not hurting raid grps but NiM is yet to be seen.

So far as i've seen PT dps spec are ranked:

1. Hybrid

2. AP

3. Pryo

PvP is a different matter.

PT's are still usable in PvE. Similar dps to Assassin, Operative & Jugg dps but no burst dmg. HM we are not hurting raid grps but NiM is yet to be seen.

So far as i've seen PT dps spec are ranked:

1. Hybrid

2. AP

3. Pryo

PvP is a different matter.

100% incorrect. Powertech are perfectly fine in PvE as long as you do not stick to pyro. AP right now is the best overall raid spec IMO. While hybrid can perform better on a dummy it loses ground to AP in real boss fights.

I myself have hit very high numbers and even unto the top 20 on some NM fights overall when you discount the people who were exploiting the relics which they can no longer do.

Hi, i'm a player in a french serv but there are no post in french site on the current situation of the powertech in pve (and there is no longer from what i can see PT dps in the serv for pve only tank) so i come to you english community to have some answer (excuse my english by the way)

I have made some test over the different possibility of the PT dps i am full 69 with full opti and from what i can see in the mox the pyro spec is no longer viable compared to other class.

I did try the tree with and without the last skill and its close in dps but with win

Then there is the advanced prototype which is the one i am using currently it does more dammage than the pyro spec something like 2600 dps by sec when the other is 2100 (then maybe my stats are wrong i don't know)

But i tried to compare with other dps from my guild and it is far from the 3300 of a mercenary arsenal

So are we needed in pve?

If i am wrong in my assumption feel free to tell me

Just do yourself a favor and reroll a different character. You'll be a lot more happier. The amount of work you have to do now compared to the other classes to keep your DPS up isn't worth it in my opinion. I'm not for all the easy specs, but when your class on average is probably doing about 400-600 less DPS compared to all the other DPS classes, it's time to reroll.

Just do yourself a favor and reroll a different character. You'll be a lot more happier. The amount of work you have to do now compared to the other classes to keep your DPS up isn't worth it in my opinion. I'm not for all the easy specs, but when your class on average is probably doing about 400-600 less DPS compared to all the other DPS classes, it's time to reroll.

do not listen to this guy. He is the typical forum QQer that blames a class for his inability to be a good player.

Powertech are more then viable you just simply cannot faceroll them anymore like you could with pyro before 2.0. If you are a good player then have fun with your powertech if you are looking for something that a kitten can play while high on catnip play a smash money or play wow.

Hizoka am tired , while you have a point And good skills .

Here the mercenary arsenal dps blows PT AP out of the water .

That you are stuck in the AP mindmode , here is reality facts .

A heatseeker missile critical can reach 9k your immolate only reach 6k

A unload can reach 5k critical on the 3 ticks , your flame thrower even with 4 ticks and longer cooldown . Is a even match .

you are saying AP IS VALID , offcourse any class person really loves and put enough effort into it is valid .

But generally speaking the average doesn't like effort and work .

they want numbers that are valid .

now he wants his 2.6k dps to match a merc 3.3k dps ... Which he cannot cause the tools given with scaling are wider and wider .

The beter gear people gets the more other classes damage scales .

Your base abilities are too weak period flame burst is not a tracer missile

Having played both mention class in similair gear .. The mercenary arsenal simply blows AP out of the water.

And I was a AP player before they buffed it , the buffs are not good enough sorry Hizoka .

the whole issue is that Powertech are not bad , infact they are still fine .

Problem is all other classes have been buffed , while we recieved a nerf !

thus in mmo terms , means we are double affected There scaling are made for post 2.0

Our class is good but stayed the same .

thus the issue arrives , now do not nerf other classes .

Buff AP or PYRO end talents to be competitive , infact give me no reasons to go hybrid .

Other then pure fun and skills .

AP should be top dog in PVE dps , Pyro is boring but I can understand some people like the 4 button only rotation.

Most of all buff the end talents that DPA (damage per activation ) matches other classes end talents.

Hizoka am tired , while you have a point And good skills .

Here the mercenary arsenal dps blows PT AP out of the water .

That you are stuck in the AP mindmode , here is reality facts .

A heatseeker missile critical can reach 9k your immolate only reach 6k

A unload can reach 5k critical on the 3 ticks , your flame thrower even with 4 ticks and longer cooldown . Is a even match .

you are saying AP IS VALID , offcourse any class person really loves and put enough effort into it is valid .

But generally speaking the average doesn't like effort and work .

they want numbers that are valid .

now he wants his 2.6k dps to match a merc 3.3k dps ... Which he cannot cause the tools given with scaling are wider and wider .

The beter gear people gets the more other classes damage scales .

Your base abilities are too weak period flame burst is not a tracer missile

Having played both mention class in similair gear .. The mercenary arsenal simply blows AP out of the water.

And I was a AP player before they buffed it , the buffs are not good enough sorry Hizoka .

then i guess its the player... cause i am out DPSing most every merc... there are very very few doing more then powertech and NONE of them are doing any 3+K butgo ahead and keep pulling numbers out your arse and try to make your argument look better.

I'm not saying don't buff powertech, i'm saying things are not even slightly as dire as most of the forum QQ would make someone believe. Sure buff me and i will top the guys that were exploiting relics and set bonuses.

As it sits its going to take a while to see what the real number people can pull are because so many parses were tainted with exploited bugs. What a class can do though legit play and what they were doing while exploiting are two very different things.

Edited by Hizoka

then i guess its the player... cause i am out DPSing most every merc... there are very very few doing more then powertech and NONE of them are doing any 3+K butgo ahead and keep pulling numbers out your arse and try to make your argument look better.

I'm not saying don't buff powertech, i'm saying things are not even slightly as dire as most of the forum QQ would make someone believe. Sure buff me and i will top the guys that were exploiting relics and set bonuses.

As it sits its going to take a while to see what the real number people can pull are because so many parses were tainted with exploited bugs. What a class can do though legit play and what they were doing while exploiting are two very different things.

Really 3k? Show me your 3k on any of the H/M S&V or TFB, and that doesn't include Kephess. I can, however, show you 3k parses from mercs if you would like to see. The only person fooling themselves here is you. Look, I'm not disputing if your a good or bad PT, I'm just saying, if your going to roll a DPS class, roll the classes that are putting out more DPS. PTs aren't there anymore. Can they still be used, yes. Can you still clear raids, yes. Are they the best DPS, no. Are they viable? That all depends on the needs of the raid group. If the group doesn't have any maras, or snipers, then PT would be the last thing I would pick up. They offer nothing to benefit the group as a whole versus some of these other classes with debuffs or buffs. What do you do besides sit there and DPS that helps the group out?

To the original OP. If you like the play style of the PT then go for it. If you think you would like the option of having a class that can both DPS or tank, then a PT is a nice choice. However, I would consider a Jugg as well. Both PTs and Jugs are nice for that option. If you, however, are looking to do straight up DPS, you should be rolling a mara or a sniper.

Edited by Individual

do not listen to this guy. He is the typical forum QQer that blames a class for his inability to be a good player.

Powertech are more then viable you just simply cannot faceroll them anymore like you could with pyro before 2.0. If you are a good player then have fun with your powertech if you are looking for something that a kitten can play while high on catnip play a smash money or play wow.

Also for the record, you can say good player this and bad player that, but a good player isn't going to be content with rolling one of the subpar DPS classes. A good player wants to be good, yes? A good player also makes smarter decisions, and right now, the smarter decision is to roll a class that will out DPS a PT which half the classes can with little effort. Stubborn and lazy players, on the other hand, make poor decisions like refusing to reroll new classes when their class gets nerfed. That doesn't mean they're bad, they're just stubborn and lazy. I think that has been exemplified a lot here by your posts.

Am I complaining a lot on the BH forums? Yes I am because this was the class I wanted to play the most since the launch of the game and we've been getting the shaft via nerfs since the game launched. I won't dispute that some of the nerfs were needed, but what they did to the PT with the last nerfs was uncalled for. We're now a melee class that does mostly fluff damage. Our upfront burst compared to all the other melee classes is horrible. I have all classes on imp side currently at 55. My least favorite class to DPS on in raids is an Assassin followed by a PT.

Edited by Individual

Also for the record, you can say good player this and bad player that, but a good player isn't going to be content with rolling one of the subpar DPS classes. A good player wants to be good, yes? A good player also makes smarter decisions, and right now, the smarter decision is to roll a class that will out DPS a PT which half the classes can with little effort. Stubborn and lazy players, on the other hand, make poor decisions like refusing to reroll new classes when their class gets nerfed. That doesn't mean they're bad, they're just stubborn and lazy. I think that has been exemplified a lot here by your posts.

Am I complaining a lot on the BH forums? Yes I am because this was the class I wanted to play the most since the launch of the game and we've been getting the shaft via nerfs since the game launched. I won't dispute that some of the nerfs were needed, but what they did to the PT with the last nerfs was uncalled for. We're now a melee class that does mostly fluff damage. Our upfront burst compared to all the other melee classes is horrible. I have all classes on imp side currently at 55. My least favorite class to DPS on in raids is an Assassin followed by a PT.

No a bad player gives up and re-rolls when their crutches are taken away (OP specs get fixes) good players adapt and still do good damage.

http://www.torparse.com/statistics/Scum+and+Villainy/Titan+6

the top parse not put up by an mara/sent or sniper/gunslinger is a powertech and nearly all the sniper/gunslinger and mara/sent parses are using the relic exploit or orbital strike exploit. Powertech are not easily outclassed by players that do not cheat.

No a bad player gives up and re-rolls when their crutches are taken away (OP specs get fixes) good players adapt and still do good damage.

http://www.torparse.com/statistics/Scum+and+Villainy/Titan+6

the top parse not put up by an mara/sent or sniper/gunslinger is a powertech and nearly all the sniper/gunslinger and mara/sent parses are using the relic exploit or orbital strike exploit. Powertech are not easily outclassed by players that do not cheat.

Unless I'm missing something here, you just linked and are trying to argue that this PT ranked number 3 in this STORY MODE should be looked at?. Get real here, that's a story mode, not a hard mode. That is something you can't consider for DPS as people won't have the proper gear at those levels. Second, if you look at the logs from the Gunslingers who are on top in HARD MODE, you can see that they didn't use the Flyby exploit. They did, however, have the relic exploit, but so did the PTs who ranked high in the 16 man HM. In other words, they both used the same exploit, and the PT was still far below the DPS of the Gunslingers. You sir, are misconstruing the logs. I guess if that's what it takes to make you feel like a "good" player, then so be it.

Edited by Individual

Unless I'm missing something here, you just linked and are trying to argue that this PT ranked number 3 in this STORY MODE should be looked at?. Get real here, that's a story mode, not a hard mode. That is something you can't consider for DPS as people won't have the proper gear at those levels. Second, if you look at the logs from the Gunslingers who are on top in HARD MODE, you can see that they didn't use the Flyby exploit. They did, however, have the relic exploit, but so did the PTs who ranked high in the 16 man HM. In other words, they both used the same exploit, and the PT was still far below the DPS of the Gunslingers. You sir, are misconstruing the logs. I guess if that's what it takes to make you feel like a "good" player, then so be it.

look at 16m hard mode there slick... and the top powertech is me, and i did not use any exploit.

So a non exploiting powertech is better then everything else but the pures which EAware has said has a built in advantage in terms of DPS because they only DPS. Where is your argument again??? Oh yeah its in make believe land.

Edited by Hizoka

look at 16m hard mode there slick... and the top powertech is me, and i did not use any exploit.

So a non exploiting powertech is better then everything else but the pures which EAware has said has a built in advantage in terms of DPS because they only DPS. Where is your argument again??? Oh yeah its in make believe land.

I don't sort by class, I just look at all of them and I see a gunslinger at the top on my screen. You are certainly not up at the top, rank 1, on that fight. Furthermore, I don't even know what your PT is named. If your name is Ka'sumi, then you are using the double relics and I can tell from the logs. That's is the highest PT parse for 16 man HM.

Edited by Individual

I don't sort by class, I just look at all of them and I see a gunslinger at the top on my screen. You are certainly not up at the top, rank 1, on that fight. Furthermore, I don't even know what your PT is named. If your name is Ka'sumi, then you are using the double relics and I can tell from the logs. That's is the highest PT parse for 16 man HM.

Looks like the power proc relic and the clicky power relic, not twin procs.

Can you please stop talking about the exploits. Ffs. You throw that in every comment you post on here. We get it, you think people were exploiting, but variable that has changed is that you cannot double proc anymore, thus making every time you say that just a but hurt statement. One thing that hasn't changed is your inability to provide tangible proof as to why you keep thinking AP is some godsend of a spec. It's really not, it hits soft, and you have less maneuverability by having to use PFT to get almost a quarter of your dps.

I've played AP, I'm good at it, it's not a complicated rotation either, it's a 5 button spec, you're trying to say pyro was a 3 button, but it was a five button as well. Tell me how AP takes more skill then pyro. Explain it, because all it is is flame burst/ immolate to three stacks, free RP, crit Rail, then flamethrower when you have three stacks. You don't even need to worry about fillers, other than DFA, both specs have a dot that require melee/near melee range.

The one thing that makes the Powertechs hurt is the gcd, in a way it's almost better to have a caster (I.e. Mercs with tracer/unload) because you don't have to worry as much about the gcd, also having all instants is a great way to get yourself heat locked because you're going to spam abilities as much as you can(not to mention mashing the button waiting for gcd to finish). Classes like juggs that have all instants don't really rely on resource management as much as we do, they have a free rage generator every 45 seconds, and an armor debuff every 15 that build 5 rage. What we're saying, what we've BEEN saying, is that the Powertech is not where it should be damage wise. You may have had some nice results but for the most part the class is dead, and not because all the FotM guys quit, because the people like myself and many others who have played a PY since Beta because we wanted to be a Boba Fett-like class. And we as a community are upset to see a representation of one of our favorite characters nerfed into the ground. The hybrid dps spec is decent I suppose, but that brings us back to our previous argument of why bring a pt when you can bring a class that does more consistent deeps and has an armor debuff/cc/better defensives/more mobility/not so squishy. Class is dead, I'm sorry you're the one of the only ones who can't accept that yet, I'm sorry. I've played almost every class in this game (with the exception of a marauder, but I still know how they work) and the powertech is by far the worst sustained and burst dps. Most classes have a spec with 2 or more dots, PT has 2 specs with one dot each, (. 2 for pyro if you count CGC, but it doesn't do **** anymore)

Feel free to attack me personally and provide no defense on your argument other than the fact that I suck and can't play anything but a simple class. I play an engineering sniper, by no means is that a simple class. Arsebag. (Sorry, that was preemptive)

Can you please stop talking about the exploits. Ffs. You throw that in every comment you post on here. We get it, you think people were exploiting, but variable that has changed is that you cannot double proc anymore, thus making every time you say that just a but hurt statement. One thing that hasn't changed is your inability to provide tangible proof as to why you keep thinking AP is some godsend of a spec. It's really not, it hits soft, and you have less maneuverability by having to use PFT to get almost a quarter of your dps.

I've played AP, I'm good at it, it's not a complicated rotation either, it's a 5 button spec, you're trying to say pyro was a 3 button, but it was a five button as well. Tell me how AP takes more skill then pyro. Explain it, because all it is is flame burst/ immolate to three stacks, free RP, crit Rail, then flamethrower when you have three stacks. You don't even need to worry about fillers, other than DFA, both specs have a dot that require melee/near melee range.

The one thing that makes the Powertechs hurt is the gcd, in a way it's almost better to have a caster (I.e. Mercs with tracer/unload) because you don't have to worry as much about the gcd, also having all instants is a great way to get yourself heat locked because you're going to spam abilities as much as you can(not to mention mashing the button waiting for gcd to finish). Classes like juggs that have all instants don't really rely on resource management as much as we do, they have a free rage generator every 45 seconds, and an armor debuff every 15 that build 5 rage. What we're saying, what we've BEEN saying, is that the Powertech is not where it should be damage wise. You may have had some nice results but for the most part the class is dead, and not because all the FotM guys quit, because the people like myself and many others who have played a PY since Beta because we wanted to be a Boba Fett-like class. And we as a community are upset to see a representation of one of our favorite characters nerfed into the ground. The hybrid dps spec is decent I suppose, but that brings us back to our previous argument of why bring a pt when you can bring a class that does more consistent deeps and has an armor debuff/cc/better defensives/more mobility/not so squishy. Class is dead, I'm sorry you're the one of the only ones who can't accept that yet, I'm sorry. I've played almost every class in this game (with the exception of a marauder, but I still know how they work) and the powertech is by far the worst sustained and burst dps. Most classes have a spec with 2 or more dots, PT has 2 specs with one dot each, (. 2 for pyro if you count CGC, but it doesn't do **** anymore)

Feel free to attack me personally and provide no defense on your argument other than the fact that I suck and can't play anything but a simple class. I play an engineering sniper, by no means is that a simple class. Arsebag. (Sorry, that was preemptive)

if it is so weak why is it that no-one in the US can beat me then??? thats right because i am flat better then players like you who rather complain that the class is broken rather then getting better at playing a certain class.

i have proven that the spec works. I have proven its sustained is right up there if not better then every other hybrid which leaves the pures which are built to do more damage.

just because you are far too ignorant to look at the proof does not mean its not out there. Now i am simply going to put you on ignore because you are not smart enough to do anything but whine about how your faceroll spec was nerfed.

Man you need to just let it go... God lord, your entire argument is " I'm the best, anyone who beats me is exploiting, everyone else sucks" go away you stupid kid. Part of me wants to play my PT just to beat your sorry arse.

And you behave just like a child, or a troll, either way, **** off you French piece of le crap.

Oh and BTW, the little part about me not getting better at a certain class? Doesn't even make sense. I just said I played a sniper, that's different? Right? No maybe your right, I must just suck, forget the countless mounds of proof that PT is the WEAKEST dps. W/E you say man. Keep thinking you're the best while everyone leaves your as in the dust with your little 2.6 k parse on a dummy, when you were saying not 2 months ago how parses on a dummy were worthless. So...I guess you're worthless.

Edited by Sardonyyx

if it is so weak why is it that no-one in the US can beat me then??? thats right because i am flat better then players like you who rather complain that the class is broken rather then getting better at playing a certain class.

i have proven that the spec works. I have proven its sustained is right up there if not better then every other hybrid which leaves the pures which are built to do more damage.

just because you are far too ignorant to look at the proof does not mean its not out there. Now i am simply going to put you on ignore because you are not smart enough to do anything but whine about how your faceroll spec was nerfed.

Now, I don't mean to burst your bubble, really I don't. I enjoyed your arguement of PT being worth it to take in raids, I'm leveling one now for pve, and I think all classes should have equal representation for raid slots however a major flaw in your latest arguement suggests that since you are top BH on torparse that means you are the top BH ingame. This is simply a false conclusion as torparse only caclulates and orders information that is posted to/on it. Meaning, I may walk into a HM TFB and perform admirably, hitting over 9k dps (for lawls) but torparse would NEVER know unless I posted it/uploaded it. Now I'm no saying you're not the better/more geared BH on torparse, I'm sayin you may have been allowed to arrive at a false conclusion.

• 2 weeks later...
Man you need to just let it go... God lord, your entire argument is " I'm the best, anyone who beats me is exploiting, everyone else sucks" go away you stupid kid. Part of me wants to play my PT just to beat your sorry arse.

And you behave just like a child, or a troll, either way, **** off you French piece of le crap.

Oh and BTW, the little part about me not getting better at a certain class? Doesn't even make sense. I just said I played a sniper, that's different? Right? No maybe your right, I must just suck, forget the countless mounds of proof that PT is the WEAKEST dps. W/E you say man. Keep thinking you're the best while everyone leaves your as in the dust with your little 2.6 k parse on a dummy, when you were saying not 2 months ago how parses on a dummy were worthless. So...I guess you're worthless.

If you are better than Hizoka, it is because you are exploiting. If you are worse than Hizoka, it is because you suck.

The implication here is that everyone but him sucks, because apparently you cannot outperform him without exploiting. Basically every post of his on this board follows this logic.

Edited by thebvp
typo

The PT dps is not that bad. Hizoka is just a kid, yes, but still u can deal a good dps and not being s worthless for your team. On some bosses i'm dealing top-1 dps, on some not, but relly PT is still there, and it's still more then worthwile.

PTs are some of the only classes that cannot hit 3k dps.

Sins and PT dps cannot break 3k, unless they're fully optimized 75s probably. While snipers, mers, maras, and even sorcs are getting 3k, or 2.9k in 72 gear.

Problem? Yeah.

Edited by Sardonyyx

Sins and PT dps cannot break 3k, unless they're fully optimized 75s probably. While snipers, mers, maras, and even sorcs are getting 3k, or 2.9k in 72 gear.

Problem? Yeah.

3-4 weeks ago, the highest parse a PT dps had on HM TFB, S&V or TC boss was 2.9K. Every other parse was 2.7K and below. All AC except sin had higher parses.

Problem? Yeah.

I agree completely. My max dps on dummy is 2.7k+/- while others hit 3k. I hope they will up it ones, but even so, on some bosses PT have an edge, for example our insta-skills allow us to always keep our dps up (I'm pyro-hybrid without FT now), when others, for example snipers can't. Sure, I would like that my PT was able to hit as hard as others, and to be able to compete with other classes, but even now I'm not a burden for my ops.